texting and pedestrians

Old August 20th 11, 02:00 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
AMuzi

Default texting and pedestrians

Apparently, I was mistaken. It's no big deal to kill a
pedestrian now:

http://www.ktla.com/news/landing/ktl...,3252003.story
--
Andrew Muzi
www.yellowjersey.org/
Old August 20th 11, 02:59 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Joe Riel

AMuzi writes:

Apparently, I was mistaken. It's no big deal to kill a pedestrian now:

http://www.ktla.com/news/landing/ktl...,3252003.story

Not being allowed to use a cell phone while driving (that was part
of her sentence) must really sting...

--
Joe Riel
Old August 20th 11, 03:14 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
T°m Sherm@n

On 8/19/2011 8:00 PM, A. Muzi wrote:
Apparently, I was mistaken. It's no big deal to kill a pedestrian now:

http://www.ktla.com/news/landing/ktl...,3252003.story

If you run someone over, make sure you are young, white and pretty and
he/she is old and has brown skin, eh?

--
Tºm Shermªn - 42.435731°N, 83.985007°W
I am a vehicular cyclist.
Old August 20th 11, 04:08 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Frank Krygowski[_3_]

AMuzi wrote:
Apparently, I was mistaken. It's no big deal to kill a pedestrian now:

http://www.ktla.com/news/landing/ktl...,3252003.story

From the article: "Ranjbar was taken to Los Angeles County-USC Medical
Center, where he died of head trauma, coroner's officials said."

But why no "Ranjbar was not wearing a helmet"? If he were a bicyclist,
that might have been the headline!

--
- Frank Krygowski
Old August 20th 11, 04:25 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Joe Riel

Frank Krygowski writes:

AMuzi wrote:
Apparently, I was mistaken. It's no big deal to kill a pedestrian now:

http://www.ktla.com/news/landing/ktl...,3252003.story

From the article: "Ranjbar was taken to Los Angeles County-USC Medical
Center, where he died of head trauma, coroner's officials said."

But why no "Ranjbar was not wearing a helmet"? If he were a
bicyclist, that might have been the headline!

Probably not the headline, but it would have been mentioned in the
article.

Did you listen to the news-clip, made at the time of the collision? The
concern seemed more towards whether the woman would get jail time rather
than that a man had been killed. What message will the high-school
students get from her probation-required talks: that texting might kill
someone, or that, even if the worst occurs, the consequences aren't so
bad (a little community service)? At least her license was revoked for
the probation period.

--
Joe Riel
Old August 20th 11, 04:31 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Dan O

On Aug 19, 8:08 pm, Frank Krygowski
wrote:
AMuzi wrote:
Apparently, I was mistaken. It's no big deal to kill a pedestrian now:

http://www.ktla.com/news/landing/ktl...ped-killed,0,3...

From the article: "Ranjbar was taken to Los Angeles County-USC Medical

You just can't help yourself, can you. (****ing idiot.)
Old August 20th 11, 04:41 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
T°m Sherm@n

On 8/19/2011 10:31 PM, Dan O wrote:
On Aug 19, 8:08 pm, Frank
wrote:
AMuzi wrote:
Apparently, I was mistaken. It's no big deal to kill a pedestrian now:

http://www.ktla.com/news/landing/ktl...ped-killed,0,3...

From the article: "Ranjbar was taken to Los Angeles County-USC Medical
Center, where he died of head trauma, coroner's officials said."

But why no "Ranjbar was not wearing a helmet"? If he were a bicyclist,
that might have been the headline!

You just can't help yourself, can you. (****ing idiot.)

Well, at least Frank Krygowski was not being racist.

Old August 20th 11, 11:26 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Duane Hebert

wrote:
AMuzi wrote:
Apparently, I was mistaken. It's no big deal to kill a pedestrian now:

http://www.ktla.com/news/landing/ktl...ped-killed,0,3...

From the article: "Ranjbar was taken to Los Angeles County-USC
Medical
Center, where he died of head trauma, coroner's officials said."

But why no "Ranjbar was not wearing a helmet"? If he were a bicyclist,
that might have been the headline!

You just can't help yourself, can you. (****ing idiot.)

Well, at least Frank Krygowski was not being racist.

But even you must see that was an idiotic thing to post.
And +1 on the ****ing idiot comment.
Old August 20th 11, 12:27 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Lou Holtman[_7_]

wrote:
AMuzi wrote:
Apparently, I was mistaken. It's no big deal to kill a pedestrian now:

http://www.ktla.com/news/landing/ktl...ped-killed,0,3...

From the article: "Ranjbar was taken to Los Angeles County-USC Medical
Center, where he died of head trauma, coroner's officials said."

But why no "Ranjbar was not wearing a helmet"? If he were a bicyclist,
that might have been the headline!

You just can't help yourself, can you. (****ing idiot.)

Well, at least Frank Krygowski was not being racist.

But even you must see that was an idiotic thing to post.
And +1 on the ****ing idiot comment.

Indeed, sometimes it is decent to keep your mouth shut. Frank doesn't
understand that.

Lou
Old August 20th 11, 07:14 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
MikeWhy

"AMuzi" wrote in message
Apparently, I was mistaken. It's no big deal to kill a pedestrian now:

http://www.ktla.com/news/landing/ktl...,3252003.story

Don't lose all faith in Kalifornian sensibilities yet. A life sentence
contemplated in this case:

http://www.ktla.com/news/landing/ktl...0,322331.story