Bicycles are dangerous

Old March 31st 14, 11:44 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
TMS320

Default Bicycles are dangerous

"Dave-Cyclists VORT" wrote
On 31/03/2014 12:44, TMS320 wrote:

Only a tiny proportion of motoring related incidents reach the press.
Councils end up paying a considerable amount of money back to whingeing
and/or incompetent drivers over pothole claims. I have no doubt much of
it
is for more than a replacement bling wheel.

How much is 'considerable'?

Is it more than £46 billion?

Is that how much you have to pay to drive your Discovery? Wow. No matter,
nobody forced you to buy one.

Old April 1st 14, 12:16 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Bertie Wooster[_2_]

On Mon, 31 Mar 2014 22:54:58 +0100, Judith
wrote:

On Mon, 31 Mar 2014 09:18:31 -0300, Bertie Wooster wrote:

On Mon, 31 Mar 2014 10:33:58 +0100, "TMS320" wrote:

"TMS320" wrote in message

Ooh, I have now received the honour of being admitted to the urc hall of
fame. I now have an imposter.

Probably the same troll as the one stalking me - it definitely seems
to be specifically targetting true cyclists.

I guess you must mean - people like me and MM then.

As to whom, I have my
suspicions, but am not bothered enough to do anything much about it.

Why not share your suspicions - and also share with us what you think you can
do about it.

I have no suspicions - it is the other Bertie who is the suspicious
one.
Old April 1st 14, 12:59 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Tarcap

"TMS320" wrote in message ...

"Tarcap" wrote
"TMS320" wrote in message ... "Tarcap"
wrote
"TMS320" wrote in message ...
"Tarcap" wrote

Are you claiming to have godlike qualities?

If god provided me with eyes, then yes. Did yours come in a container
from
China through a pound shop? It seems they must have done.

Yours are obviously equipped with some sort of "Superman" type vision,
then, as you are claiming to be able to see the invisible.

Where do I claim to see the invisible? You're the one admitting to blunder
ahead when you can't see.

You claim to be able to see the bottom of a water filled pothole on a
road which itself is covered with water.

Where have I claimed to be able to see the bottom of a water filled pothole?
Here's a clue, you do not need to see potholes under water. If you can't
see, don't blunder on at over 30mph. All you need to be able to see is the
presence of water.

You appear to be saying don't drive on a wet road, in case there are
potholes under it.
I am saying that there is no problem at all in driving my car over a
pothole, as the design of the car's suspension is well able to withstand it.
You appear to be taking the cyclist's stance where a pothole can be
extremely dangerous for a cyclist, as proven in the original post.
Which means that you are substantiating my statement that bicycles are
dangerous.
Do suffer from some longstanding problem with your comprehension?

Old April 1st 14, 01:01 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Tarcap

"TMS320" wrote in message ...

"Dave-Cyclists VORT" wrote
On 31/03/2014 12:44, TMS320 wrote:

Only a tiny proportion of motoring related incidents reach the press.
Councils end up paying a considerable amount of money back to whingeing
and/or incompetent drivers over pothole claims. I have no doubt much of
it
is for more than a replacement bling wheel.

How much is 'considerable'?

Is it more than £46 billion?

Is that how much you have to pay to drive your Discovery? Wow. No matter,
nobody forced you to buy one.

You'll have to point out where he said that.
Unless you actually want us to think that it's just another meaningless lie
spewed out by a psycholist.

Old April 1st 14, 08:09 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Dave - Cyclists VOR

On 01/04/2014 01:01, Tarcap wrote:

"TMS320" wrote in message ...

"Dave-Cyclists VORT" wrote
On 31/03/2014 12:44, TMS320 wrote:

Only a tiny proportion of motoring related incidents reach the press.
Councils end up paying a considerable amount of money back to whingeing
and/or incompetent drivers over pothole claims. I have no doubt much of
it
is for more than a replacement bling wheel.

How much is 'considerable'?

Is it more than £46 billion?

Is that how much you have to pay to drive your Discovery? Wow. No matter,
nobody forced you to buy one.

You'll have to point out where he said that.
Unless you actually want us to think that it's just another meaningless
lie spewed out by a psycholist.

A psycholist telling lies?

vehicle fit only for the poor and/or strange," Dave Horton, of Lancaster
University, wrote in an interim assessment of the Understanding Walking
and Cycling study. "For them, cycling is a bit embarrassing, they fail
to see its purpose, and have no interest in integrating it into their
lives, certainly on a regular basis."
Old April 1st 14, 08:10 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Dave-Cyclists VORT

On 31/03/2014 23:44, TMS320 wrote:
"Dave-Cyclists VORT" wrote
On 31/03/2014 12:44, TMS320 wrote:

Only a tiny proportion of motoring related incidents reach the press.
Councils end up paying a considerable amount of money back to whingeing
and/or incompetent drivers over pothole claims. I have no doubt much of
it
is for more than a replacement bling wheel.

How much is 'considerable'?

Is it more than £46 billion?

Is that how much you have to pay to drive your Discovery? Wow. No matter,
nobody forced you to buy one.

WRIGGLE ALERT

Just answer the question.

--
Dave-Cyclists VORT
Motorists pay £46 billion a year in extra taxes, specifically so they
Old April 1st 14, 09:12 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Peter Keller[_3_]

On Mon, 31 Mar 2014 13:04:55 +0100, Tarcap wrote:

sunshine.

Why do people insult others?

According to psychologists, people with an unwarranted sense of
accomplishment often present as arrogant, elitist snobs, and are known to
hurl insults at anyone who threatens their fragile self-esteem
Old April 1st 14, 09:14 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Peter Keller[_3_]

On Mon, 31 Mar 2014 13:25:31 +0100, JNugent wrote:

On 31/03/2014 12:44, TMS320 wrote:

Only a tiny proportion of motoring related incidents reach the press.

Gerraway!

Councils end up paying a considerable amount of money back to whingeing
and/or incompetent drivers over pothole claims. I have no doubt much of
it is for more than a replacement bling wheel.

One can only speak from experience, because as you say, only a
vanishingly small number of motor-vehicle journeys ever become a matter
in which anyone else has an interest. But driving something in excess of
900,000 miles over a period of just on forty-two years, nothing remotely
like that has ever happened to me. And I've driven over and round a lot
of pot-holes in that time.

Tips:

(A) Use your lights when it's dark.
(B) Whether it's dark or light, use your eyes and your judgment.
(C) Be prepared to stop, slow down or change direction.

It works.

Also when riding a bike.

Old April 1st 14, 01:20 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
TMS320

"Tarcap" wrote
"TMS320" wrote in message ...

Where have I claimed to be able to see the bottom of a water filled
pothole?

Here's a clue, you do not need to see potholes under water. If you can't
see, don't blunder on at over 30mph. All you need to be able to see is
the
presence of water.

You appear to be saying don't drive on a wet road, in case there are
potholes under it.

No, that is not apparent.

I am saying that there is no problem at all in driving my car over a
pothole, as the design of the car's suspension is well able to withstand
it.

You have been given plenty of indicators that this can't be taken for
granted.

A bicycle is able to withstand. Relax, take a bit of weight off the saddle
and hold a straight course. It just happens that it is normally preferable
to steer round.

You appear to be taking the cyclist's stance where a pothole can be
extremely dangerous for a cyclist, as proven in the original post.

Indeed. But potholed roads can safely be negotiated with a modicum of skill
and coordination; as amply demonstrated by the many cyclists that cope as
ordinary routine.

Which means that you are substantiating my statement that bicycles are
dangerous.

My bicycle is not, of its own volition, going to leave the garage, make its
way upstairs and kill me in my bed.

Do suffer from some longstanding problem with your comprehension?

It seems to be you that has connected the idea of "don't blunder along" with
"don't drive (or cycle)".