Are sheep more intelligent than cyclists ?

Old June 16th 14, 09:33 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Cassandra[_6_]

Default Are sheep more intelligent than cyclists ?

Yesterday I was riding my registered, taxed and insured two wheeled
vehicle on the Tour de Yorkshire course and was constantly held up on
some of the narrowest and twisty roads in England by fat, middle aged
men on expensive racing bicycles, who were all riding in the middle of
the road talking to their mates.

Do cyclists ride in such an inconsiderate manner because they too deaf
to hear a 1000cc motorcycle with a race-can several yards behind them
or are they just ****s ?

I had no such issue with the local sheep population who got out of the
way in a timely fashion
Old June 19th 14, 09:24 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Matsav

"Cassandra" wrote in message

Yesterday I was riding my registered, taxed and insured two wheeled
vehicle on the Tour de Yorkshire course ...

Do cyclists ride in such an inconsiderate manner because they too deaf
to hear a 1000cc motorcycle with a race-can several yards behind them...?

I suspect that all of your blustering about "registered, taxed and insured"
would come to naught if you were involved in an accident. You admit to
having a "race can" - is it road-legal?

Indeed,many race exhausts for motor cycles are etched with the words "not
legal for road use". It's only thinly etched, mind (25 microns), and can be
polished out with T-Cut.

Have you told your insurers about the modification to your vehicle? If the
answer to either of these questions is "no", then you may well find you are
*not* insured.

Let he who is without sin cast the first stone.

--
MatSav

Old June 19th 14, 06:18 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Cassandra[_6_]

On Thu, 19 Jun 2014 09:24:23 +0100, "Matsav"
wrote:

"Cassandra" wrote in message

Yesterday I was riding my registered, taxed and insured two wheeled
vehicle on the Tour de Yorkshire course ...

Do cyclists ride in such an inconsiderate manner because they too deaf
to hear a 1000cc motorcycle with a race-can several yards behind them...?

I suspect that all of your blustering about "registered, taxed and insured"
would come to naught if you were involved in an accident. You admit to
having a "race can" - is it road-legal?

Indeed,many race exhausts for motor cycles are etched with the words "not
legal for road use". It's only thinly etched, mind (25 microns), and can be
polished out with T-Cut.

Have you told your insurers about the modification to your vehicle? If the
answer to either of these questions is "no", then you may well find you are
*not* insured.

Let he who is without sin cast the first stone.

All modifcations have been declared to both my insurer and the fully
trained mechanic who gives me an annual certificare of road
worthiness, thank you very much.

How many cyclists are riding modified bicycles without informing the
provider of their fridge freezer insurance ?

Old June 20th 14, 08:56 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Rob Morley

On Fri, 20 Jun 2014 08:09:28 +0000 (UTC)
Peter Keller wrote:

On Thu, 19 Jun 2014 19:25:06 +0100, Judith wrote:

And of course, you can always just shout "Get out of the ****ing
way".

That is only marginally more effective than a bell;

It has the distinct advantage of freeing ones hands for steering and
braking. Swearing is optional.

Old June 21st 14, 01:13 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Peter Keller[_3_]

Peter Keller wrote:

On Thu, 19 Jun 2014 19:25:06 +0100, Judith wrote:

And of course, you can always just shout "Get out of the ****ing
way".

That is only marginally more effective than a bell;

It has the distinct advantage of freeing ones hands for steering and
braking. Swearing is optional.

Sure.
And can be made much louder.
Old July 14th 14, 07:54 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Mark Williams

Rob Morley writes:

That is only marginally more effective than a bell;

It has the distinct advantage of freeing ones hands for steering and
braking. Swearing is optional.

If you didn't use handlebars, you could attach the bell to one of your
freed up hands instead:

URL:http://www.youtube.co.uk/watch?v=lnL4fjMzsSU

Also handy (pun intended) if you are riding a unicycle.

--
Mark
Old July 15th 14, 02:19 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Rob Morley

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QjvUpZ__3bU