cyclist goes berzerk over a puncture

Old April 3rd 14, 08:30 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
MrCheerful

Default cyclist goes berzerk over a puncture

http://www.independent.ie/irish-news...-30151804.html
Old April 3rd 14, 08:43 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Dave-Cyclists VORT

On 03/04/2014 08:30, Mrcheerful wrote:
http://www.independent.ie/irish-news...-30151804.html

"The shop assistant told the court he was at work when the defendant
came in and said he had a puncture in his back wheel. He told him he
would replace the tube but there was a dispute over the charge, which
was 9.99".

Typical cyclist. I expect he wanted someone else to pay for it.

--
Dave-Cyclists VORT
Motorists pay £46 billion a year in extra taxes, specifically so they
Old April 3rd 14, 09:05 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Peter Keller[_3_]

On Thu, 03 Apr 2014 08:43:40 +0100, Dave-Cyclists VORT wrote:

On 03/04/2014 08:30, Mrcheerful wrote:
http://www.independent.ie/irish-news...atens-to-stab-

shop-worker-over-flat-tyre-price-court-heard-30151804.html

"The shop assistant told the court he was at work when the defendant
came in and said he had a puncture in his back wheel. He told him he
would replace the tube but there was a dispute over the charge, which
was 9.99".

Typical cyclist. I expect he wanted someone else to pay for it.

No.

"Judge Cormac Dunne fined him €400 at Dublin District Court, remarking
that Maguire had subjected staff to "gratuitous and unjustified abuse"
and must have "some anger management problem".
"The judge said Maguire had "lost it" and subjected the staff to
"gratuitous and unjustified abuse". He imposed the fine on the charge of
failing to obey directions".

The fact that he is a bicyclist is irrelevant.
Old April 3rd 14, 10:31 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
jnugent

On 03/04/2014 09:05, Peter Keller wrote:
[...]

AAMOI, why is it irrelevant?

Is it not at least possible that certain personality types are attracted
to cycling (and maybe to other causes and beliefs)?
Old April 3rd 14, 03:12 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Bertie Wooster[_2_]

On Thu, 03 Apr 2014 10:31:48 +0100, JNugent
wrote:

[...]

I am inclined to agree that it is relevant.

What I would be interested to know is if bicycle mechanics are
subjected to more abuse from disgruntled customers than motor car
mechanics. If I were to have a spare fiver to wager - I would lay that
money on motor mechanics being subjected to more abuse.

I am surprised at the size of the fine imposed - but am unsure of the
level of real threat the mechanic felt he faced. Community sentences
in cases like this may have a greater success rate in deterring crime.
Old April 3rd 14, 03:33 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Tarcap

wrote:

[...]

Ah, but remember cycle mechanics are usually keen cyclists, too.
We all know how cyclists manage to get right up people's noses, don't we?

Old April 3rd 14, 05:48 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Mentalguy2k8[_2_]

"Tarcap" wrote in message

What I would be interested to know is if bicycle mechanics are
subjected to more abuse from disgruntled customers than motor car
mechanics. If I were to have a spare fiver to wager - I would lay that
money on motor mechanics being subjected to more abuse.

Ah, but remember cycle mechanics are usually keen cyclists, too.
We all know how cyclists manage to get right up people's noses, don't we?

Indeed, one can only imagine two typically violent, self-righteous keen
cyclists swinging their saddle-bags at each other. They bring out the worst
in everyone else, so it stands to reason that they irritate each other
beyond normal limits too. Perhaps one of them had a thicker pair of socks
stuffed down the front of his lycra and the inadequacy became too much for
the other. Seems to be how Bwian Knobbertson operates.

Old April 3rd 14, 06:10 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Dave- Cyclists VORC

On 03/04/2014 15:12, Bertie Wooster wrote:
If I were to have a spare fiver to wager -

Times are hard I see.

--
Dave - Cyclists VORC
Bicycles are for Children. Like masturbation, something you should grow
Old April 3rd 14, 06:12 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Dave-Cyclists VORT

wrote:

[...]

Motorists don't mind paying their way. Cyclists, being sponging
freeloaders, hate the thought of paying for anything.

--
Dave-Cyclists VORT
Motorists pay £46 billion a year in extra taxes, specifically so they
can use the roads.
Less than £10 billion of this is spent on roads.
Q: Do cyclists pay any specific, extra taxes in order to use their
vehicles on the road?
A: No. They are sponging freeloaders.

another normal, stable cyclist.....goes berzerk with an axe! Mrcheerful[_2_] UK 4 January 9th 11 12:57 PM
Cause of puncture [email protected][_2_] UK 11 May 18th 07 03:02 PM
puncture no more [email protected] UK 15 April 28th 07 07:44 AM
Pump Gauge Gone Berzerk NY Rides Techniques 3 June 14th 06 07:53 PM
Puncture! Lee UK 9 September 18th 03 03:56 PM