Fresh satellite photos for bike path conditions?

Old February 10th 17, 10:08 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Joerg[_2_]

Default Fresh satellite photos for bike path conditions?

While there are plenty of services for motorists to find out about road
closures there is next to nothing for cyclists. Right now I need to know
whether a particular section of the American River Bike Path (north of
Lake Natoma) is still closed or not. There was a major rock slide on
Jan-22. Park service sites are generally unhelpful because there are
hardly any current status notifications and inquiries remain unanswered.

Is there a really up to day and free site with sateliite images detailed
enough to find out if the big boulders are still blocking the path? Must
have date stamp, else it's of no use.

Or maybe there is the outside chance someone reading this rode
Sacramento-Folsom or vice versa this week and could tell.

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com/
Old February 10th 17, 11:05 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Doug Landau

On Friday, February 10, 2017 at 1:08:03 PM UTC-8, Joerg wrote:
While there are plenty of services for motorists to find out about road
closures there is next to nothing for cyclists. Right now I need to know
whether a particular section of the American River Bike Path (north of
Lake Natoma) is still closed or not. There was a major rock slide on
Jan-22. Park service sites are generally unhelpful because there are
hardly any current status notifications and inquiries remain unanswered.

Is there a really up to day and free site with sateliite images detailed
enough to find out if the big boulders are still blocking the path? Must
have date stamp, else it's of no use.

Or maybe there is the outside chance someone reading this rode
Sacramento-Folsom or vice versa this week and could tell.

The paths are OPEN
https://www.google.com/search?q=cher...SBHmsA8hyr8rM:
Old February 11th 17, 01:02 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
DATAKOLL MARINE RESEARCH

https://www.google.com/search?q=ARE+...RM06eMyEghZwM:

http://www.sacbee.com/news/local/article128211109.html

Old February 11th 17, 01:09 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Doug Landau

On Friday, February 10, 2017 at 4:03:01 PM UTC-8, DATAKOLL MARINE RESEARCH wrote:
https://www.google.com/search?q=ARE+...RM06eMyEghZwM:

http://www.sacbee.com/news/local/article128211109.html

You da MAN!
Carl Fogel himself could have done no better
Old February 11th 17, 01:27 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
SMS

On 2/10/2017 1:08 PM, Joerg wrote:
While there are plenty of services for motorists to find out about road
closures there is next to nothing for cyclists. Right now I need to know
whether a particular section of the American River Bike Path (north of
Lake Natoma) is still closed or not. There was a major rock slide on
Jan-22. Park service sites are generally unhelpful because there are
hardly any current status notifications and inquiries remain unanswered.

Is there a really up to day and free site with sateliite images detailed
enough to find out if the big boulders are still blocking the path? Must
have date stamp, else it's of no use.

Or maybe there is the outside chance someone reading this rode
Sacramento-Folsom or vice versa this week and could tell.

I had the same issue with a bicycle trail that runs along a creek in
Santa Clara. There is no way to find out the status of it. They close it
when the creek is too high because the underpasses will be flooded.

Old February 11th 17, 02:08 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Joerg[_2_]

On 2017-02-10 16:27, sms wrote:
[...]

Here as well but I often use my own judgement and plow through,
especially on the MTB. Even if the BB submarines.

Really funny are several grade separation tunnels where there are sign
"Do not enter when flooded". In winter both my MTB and my road bike look
like they just came off a motocross track.

I'll just chance it. If it is impassable I'll lose about half an hour.

Old February 11th 17, 02:27 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
SMS

On 2/10/2017 5:08 PM, Joerg wrote:
On 2017-02-10 16:27, sms wrote:
[...]

They have gates on the multi-use trails here, and they close them if
they are worried about flooding. And they also close some when there's
an event at Levi's stadium.
Old February 11th 17, 03:11 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Doug Landau

Old February 11th 17, 03:44 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
DATAKOLL MARINE RESEARCH

goo.gl/CblNwr

goo.gl/LbyGQS

Petley on Oroville

http://blogs.agu.org/landslideblog/2...roville-dam-1/

Old February 11th 17, 03:54 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
DATAKOLL MARINE RESEARCH

http://www.redding.com/story/news/20...tion/97723936/