Injured young cyclist

Old December 3rd 03, 06:25 PM
dirtylitterboxofferingstospammers

Default Injured young cyclist

Just in case anyone hears anything about the driver concerned..

http://www.eveningnews24.co.uk/Conte...ime=03+Dec+200
3+11%3A50&tbrand=ENOnline&tCategory=NEWS&category= News&brand=ENOnline&item
id=NOED03+Dec+2003+11%3A51%3A37%3A787

or

http://tinyurl.com/xkhz

Cheers, helen s

"Driver left teenage cyclist for dead

December 3, 2003 11:50

POLICE are looking for a driver who knocked down a teenage cyclist, offered to
walk him to his aunt's house nearby and then left him in the street.

Hobie London, 13, was cycling to school during the morning rush hour when a car
hit him on the mini-roundabout of Wall Road and Constitution Hill.

The Sprowston High School pupil suffered cuts and bruises and a bang on the
head, and his bike was badly damaged.

The driver, a man in his 30s, stopped and offered to take Hobie to school but
sensibly the schoolboy said he had been told not to go in cars with strangers.

Hobie said he would walk to his aunt's house nearby and the man offered to walk
with him to make sure he was all right. About halfway to the house the driver
decided to get back to his car but took Hobie's details and promised to go
round that evening to apologise and settle the insurance with the boy's
parents.

But the man, who drove a silver-coloured car - possibly a Citroen - never
turned up and, according to police, never reported the accident either.

Hobie's mum Wendy London, 35, of Half Mile Road, in Mile Cross, said she felt
let down by the driver's behaviour.

"We reported the accident to police that day. They asked us if we wanted to
take action and we said we would be happy if the man came round and said sorry,
like he had promised. But he never did.

"He also left our son in the street on his own when he could have been
suffering from concussion. Fortunately, the doctor gave him the all clear but I
will be making sure Hobie wears a helmet from now on.

"It is also disappointing other drivers did not stop to check if he was okay.
Being a parent, if I saw a road accident involving a child, I would make sure
the emergency services were called and the child went off in an ambulance."

Nina Goad, spokeswoman for Norwich police, appealed for more information about
the crash and urged the driver of the car to come forward.

"The driver of the car has not contacted the police and did not leave details
with the boy, and we are therefore keen to hear from anyone who might have seen
the collision, particularly if they made a note of the car's registration
number.

"Alternatively, we are asking the driver to contact us. There may be a genuine
reason why he has failed to contact the boy's parents or the police, but it is
important that he does so now."

Anyone who witnessed the crash, which happened at about 7.50am on Tuesday,
November 25, is asked to call Norwich police via (01953) 424242."
to get correct one remove dependency on fame & fortune
h*$el*$$e**nd***$o$ts***i*$*$m**m$$o*n**s@$*$a$$o* *l.c**$*$om$$

Old December 3rd 03, 10:04 PM
\(T'other\) Dave

"dirtylitterboxofferingstospammers" wrote in
message ...
[...]

Point 1.) - very sensible lad!!
Point 2.) - Morning rush hour, lad knocked off bike and no-one else stops to
help?!!!? - think this speaks volumes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1
Point 3.) - No comments on the h*lm*t statement please, let's just be
thankful the lad's ok, eh?

Dave.

Old December 4th 03, 02:13 AM
Dave Kahn

On Wed, 3 Dec 2003 22:04:30 -0000, "\(T'other\) Dave"
wrote:

Point 1.) - very sensible lad!!
Point 2.) - Morning rush hour, lad knocked off bike and no-one else stops to
help?!!!? - think this speaks volumes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1
Point 3.) - No comments on the h*lm*t statement please, let's just be
thankful the lad's ok, eh?

Police spokeswoman: "Alternatively, we are asking the driver to
contact us. There may be a genuine reason why he has failed to contact
the boy's parents or the police...

And the genuine reason is... (answers on a postcard)

Hopefully a witness will now come forward and they'll throw the book
at the *******.

--
Dave...
Old December 4th 03, 02:41 AM
Vincent Wilcox

Dave Kahn wrote:
snip

Hopefully a witness will now come forward and they'll throw the book
at the *******.

You missed out another hopefully as in "Hopefully a witness
will now come forward and hopefully they'll throw the book
at the *******."

Old December 4th 03, 08:03 AM
dirtylitterboxofferingstospammers

Point 3.) - No comments on the h*lm*t statement please, let's just be
thankful the lad's ok, eh?

Indeed, except you are the only person who has made any point about the
h*lm*t..., thus raising the profile of one sentence in the entire article...

Cheers, helen s

Old December 4th 03, 09:47 AM
Colin Blackburn

On 03 Dec 2003 18:25:29 GMT, dirtylitterboxofferingstospammers
wrote:

"Driver left teenage cyclist for dead

[...]

While I have absolutely no sympathy with the driver and hope he is
prosecuted accordingly the newpaper headline leaves a little bit to be
desired. I expecetd to read that the cyclist was left lying in the road as
the driver sped away.

Colin
Old December 4th 03, 11:42 AM
\(T'other\) Dave

"dirtylitterboxofferingstospammers" wrote in
message ...
Point 3.) - No comments on the h*lm*t statement please, let's just be
thankful the lad's ok, eh?

Indeed, except you are the only person who has made any point about the
h*lm*t..., thus raising the profile of one sentence in the entire

article...

Cheers, helen s

to get correct one remove dependency on fame & fortune
h*$el*$$e**nd***$o$ts***i*$*$m**m$$o*n**s@$*$a$$o* *l.c**$*$om$$

I knew that!!!!.....
No but, yeah but, no but yeah...
Been around here a while and as I was first to respond thought I'd nip it in
the bud ;-)
Dave.

Old December 4th 03, 11:43 AM
\(T'other\) Dave

news
wrote:

"Driver left teenage cyclist for dead

[...]

While I have absolutely no sympathy with the driver and hope he is
prosecuted accordingly the newpaper headline leaves a little bit to be
desired. I expecetd to read that the cyclist was left lying in the road as
the driver sped away.

Colin
--

Me too, poetic licence, eh?

Old December 4th 03, 06:44 PM
Pete Barrett

wrote:

"Driver left teenage cyclist for dead

[...]

While I have absolutely no sympathy with the driver and hope he is
prosecuted accordingly the newpaper headline leaves a little bit to be
desired. I expecetd to read that the cyclist was left lying in the road as
the driver sped away.

Colin
--

Me too, poetic licence, eh?

There really should be a law against employing poets on newspapers.

Pete Barrett