Sydney drivers at there best !

Old May 11th 11, 01:51 PM posted to aus.bicycle
Shirley Nott

Default Sydney drivers at there best !

"Rob" wrote in message ...
On 6/05/2011 8:52 PM, ridetowork@noemailaddress wrote:
Here's a video show just how much risk some drivers are willing to
take with cyclist, other road users and there own lives...

http://www.youtube.com/user/Peddler2.../0/FljtSTgq5I0

Ride like your life depended on it !

When was there any room for cyclists on the roads -

Sydney drivers may be crap, but the pedestrians are downright dangerous (for cyclists).

Even more mobile phone staggers and ipod deafness than car drivers.

Shirley Nott.
Old May 12th 11, 05:01 AM posted to aus.bicycle
Rob

On 11/05/2011 9:02 PM, terryc wrote:
Rob wrote:
On 11/05/2011 5:50 PM, terryc wrote:
BT Humble wrote:

..and I doubt that there were significant numbers of automobiles on
public roads at that time.

And the australian guy who wrote the first Australianmotor car touring
guides survey the routes on a bicycle. He did it to sell his line of
motorist garments.

Was that specially Drawn to Order by Mr H E C Robinson with
descriptive notes by Mr J Pearson - Printers and Publishers John Sands
Limited.?

What year was that one?

I can't work it out as there is no date but may try to identify by the
advertising cost 1/6

Bennett & Wood have the model "E" Standard SPEEDWELL reduced to
Australian Pounds 8/10/0 Cash. (Can't find the pound sign )

Corner Pitt & Bathurst Streets Sydney

" We remain open till 9 o'clock every Friday night" -- And who thought
of late night shopping.

So what year was the Model "E" produced?

Also says The Speedwell is the outcome of 30 years of experience in
cycle building. Its so strong built, so safe, speedy and smooth running
that the tourist will find it the ideal machine for all roads and
conditions"
Old May 12th 11, 07:18 AM posted to aus.bicycle
terryc

BT Humble wrote:

..and I doubt that there were significant numbers of automobiles on
public roads at that time.

And the australian guy who wrote the first Australianmotor car touring
guides survey the routes on a bicycle. He did it to sell his line of
motorist garments.

Was that specially Drawn to Order by Mr H E C Robinson with
descriptive notes by Mr J Pearson - Printers and Publishers John Sands
Limited.?

What year was that one?

I can't work it out as there is no date but may try to identify by the
advertising cost 1/6

I will have to try and find the version I have. I know it isn't the
original, Maybe second edition. I thought he did them himself initially.

arm doc in Sydney Zebee Johnstone Australia 14 September 20th 07 09:29 AM
we need one of these for Sydney Zebee Johnstone Australia 12 January 1st 07 11:04 AM
Sydney to Gong Map.... D Australia 0 September 12th 05 03:57 AM
Who's in Sydney ? Tall_Dave Unicycling 1 April 29th 05 06:09 AM
CM: Sydney Samuel Russell Australia 3 March 4th 05 04:41 AM