Carbo loading before a race?

Old May 14th 04, 05:15 PM
DRS

Default Carbo loading before a race?

"Roger Zoul" wrote in message

DRS wrote:
"Badger_South" wrote in message

[...]

What is a Smarties? Cupcake?

They're very similar to M&Ms.

How so? Mine aren't anything like M&M, which are high fat, I think.

Both are a sugar-coated chocolate. I'll assume you know what M&Ms look
like. Smarties actually predate M&Ms by a long shot and are still very
popular in England and many Commonwealth countries.

http://about-australia-shop.com/grap...00smarties.jpg

--

A: Top-posters.

Old May 14th 04, 05:24 PM
S o r n i

DRS wrote:
"Roger Zoul" wrote in message

DRS wrote:
"Badger_South" wrote in message

[...]

What is a Smarties? Cupcake?

They're very similar to M&Ms.

How so? Mine aren't anything like M&M, which are high fat, I think.

Both are a sugar-coated chocolate. I'll assume you know what M&Ms
look like. Smarties actually predate M&Ms by a long shot and are
still very popular in England and many Commonwealth countries.

http://about-australia-shop.com/grap...00smarties.jpg

International misunderstanding!!! In the USA, "Smarties" are little
sweet-tart candy things.

Bill "could DIP 'em in chocolate, I guess {HomerSimpsonDrool.wav}" S.

Old May 14th 04, 06:38 PM
Roger Zoul

DRS wrote:
:: "Roger Zoul" wrote in message
::
::: DRS wrote:
::
:: [...]
::
::::: What part of "clinically demonstrated" is giving you problems?
:::
::: No part...however, the results of a couple of studies don't prove
::: anything...time and time again, flawed studies get done. I've had
::: appetite suppression without having ot eat extra protein.
::
:: Eliminating insulin swings is not the same as appetite *suppression*.

Sure it is....just one more situation where you have no idea....

::
:: [sat fats]
::
::: Again, in the absence of carbs, not so...
::
:: Cites.
::
:: [...]
::
::: Listen, if the aktins people are referring to studies done by
::: others, then that doesn't mean that atkins refers to their diet as
::: high
::: protein. Others do, and it's quite common in the medical community
::: to do so. If you ask me, it is YOU who are spreading
::: mis-information.
::
:: The reason their site is chock full of cites and abstracts from
:: papers about high protein versus high carb diets is because Atkins
:: is a high protein diet. Doing a search on "high protein" gets 916
:: hits on their web site, most in the "Science behind Atkins" section,
:: and some of their newsletters.

I can't find one place where the Atkins site refers to Atkins as high
protein. I already said it is referred to that way in the artilces written
by others.

Of course, most of the time they
:: refer to Atkins as low-carb, since that's its emphasis, implying
:: both protein and fats increase relatively, but they don't run
:: screaming everytime anyone says something bad about high protein,
:: "Oh, that's not us! Roger Zoul says we're not a high protein diet!"
:: Nope, they're in there every time, "Yes, that's us all right, except
:: your criticism of high protein low carb diets is wrong because
:: of..."

Okay, dip****, if Atkins is a high-protein diet, post one menu that one must
eat to do Atkins that makes it high protein? Is there any recommendation to
eat so many oz or grams of protein per day? What specifically makes Atkins
a high-protein diet? If the greatest precentage of calories comes from fat,
which you cannot dispute, then upon what basis do you claim Atkins is high
protein? The only recommendation given on Atkins is in regards controlling
carbohydrate intake, you utter, pencil dick moron, that's why Atkins and
many others refer to it as LOW CARB. Ever heard that term, pea-brain? Why
don't you truck over to Subway and ask for one of their HIGH PROTEIN salads,
dimwit?

::
:: [...]
::
::::: That happens in lots of balanced diets. I'm *not* on LC and yet
::::: my calculated fats target (26.2%) exceeds my protein target
::::: (23.5%).
::::: Big deal. It doesn't make my diet high fat. It is high protein.
::::: For a man my size and weight 140 grams of protein is a high
::::: protein diet. 87 grams of fat is not a high fat diet even though
::::: the
::::: calorific intake (624) exceed that from protein (560).
:::
::: What do you weigh and where do you get this definition of high
::: protein?
::
:: If you paid attention you should know from MFW what I weigh.

More nonsense...on MFW you're well known as a moron....why in the hell would
I pay attention to you?

You
:: could even derive a reasonable estimate solely from the figures I
:: gave because I've posted the formulae I use often enough.

Why should I bother with such crap when I can just ask you?

As for
:: protein, I use 2g per kg bodyweight, which whilst it overestimates a
:: tad for most people is nevertheless recommended by Will Brink for
:: lean, active people like myself. It's so far above the official RDA
:: it's a joke. Of course it's high protein. No-one but yourself
:: could even consider asking the question.

What you may be doing could indeed be high-protein, but that doesn't mean
Atkins is...I never said you weren't eating high protein, I simply asked
where you got your definition and how much you weigh, which you could not
even answer.

::
::: It seems to be you're just making stuff up here.
::
:: Pot, meet kettle.
::
:: [...]
::
::: Okay, since you don't define your terms, you can keep thinking what
::: you want. I'm out.
::
:: Good riddance to bad rubbish. You post the same ignorant **** here
:: you do in MFW.

Right. Whatever you say.

"easy access to info" + moron = DRS

Old May 14th 04, 06:51 PM
DRS

"Roger Zoul" wrote in message

[...]

Okay, dip****, if Atkins is a high-protein diet, post one menu that

intake, you utter, pencil dick moron, that's why Atkins and many

PROTEIN salads, dimwit?

I win.

[...]

More nonsense...on MFW you're well known as a moron....why in the
hell would I pay attention to you?

ROFLMAO! On MFW most of what I post is well within the consensus there,
plus, unlike you, I'm not a fat **** who's never been to 10% bodyfat but
gives advice on things you've never done or experienced anyway.

[...]

Okay, since you don't define your terms, you can keep thinking what
you want. I'm out.

Good riddance to bad rubbish. You post the same ignorant **** here
you do in MFW.

Right. Whatever you say.

Are you going to keep your word or not? Go on, set a precedent.

--

A: Top-posters.

Old June 8th 04, 02:02 PM
Richard Tack

Terry Morse wrote:
Yes, a gimmick. All diets are ruses to get people to reduce their
calorie intake.

http://snipurl.com/6xg

-