one man tent - which one??

Old February 23rd 05, 04:01 PM
Mark Taylor

Default one man tent - which one??

I'm looking for a good quality cheap one man tent. Don't mind which brand
and wanting to stay under the £100 mark

Any Suggestions??

Old February 23rd 05, 04:12 PM
Peter Clinch

Mark Taylor wrote:
I'm looking for a good quality cheap one man tent. Don't mind which bra=

nd=20
and wanting to stay under the =A3100 mark

Argos' Pro Action was highly lauded as being wondrous, but the original=20
has been discontinued and "improved" and the verdict is out on the new=20
one as yet. But don't read all about the fabulous Argos tents and go=20
and buy one based on that, because what you'll get is not the one you've =

read about :-(

Pete.
--=20
Peter Clinch Medical Physics IT Officer
Fax 44 1382 640177 Dundee DD1 9SY Scotland UK
net http://www.dundee.ac.uk/~pjclinch/

Old February 23rd 05, 05:17 PM
Kenneth Miles

You cant go wrong with the Coleman Cobra.

--
Regards, Kenneth.
www.kmiles.co.uk

Old February 23rd 05, 05:50 PM
dkahn400

Mark Taylor wrote:
I'm looking for a good quality cheap one man tent. Don't mind
which brand and wanting to stay under the =A3100 mark

Any Suggestions??

I've just bought a Coleman Viper for around =A340 from World of Camping,
ordered online. It packs up very small and is reasonably light at a
shade over 2Kg. It's nice and easy to pitch. The inner goes up before
the fly which might be an issue if you have to put it up in the rain.
You can put the fly and the inner up together but I think this is a bit
of a faff.

I've spent 3 nights in it so far - one near the house to test it and 2
wild camping with the bike. I've stayed comfortable and dry despite
camping out in January and February. Only had light drizzle to cope
with up to now though. So far it seems to be a perfectly acceptable one
man tent, and very good value for the price.

On the test night I was rumbled by my cat Felix who hurled himself at
the flysheet until I unzipped the flap and let him in. He spent most of
the night curled up beside my sleeping bag.

--=20
Dave...

Old February 23rd 05, 07:31 PM
Julie Meikle

"Mark Taylor" wrote in message
I'm looking for a good quality cheap one man tent. Don't mind which brand
and wanting to stay under the £100 mark

Any Suggestions??

Vango Micro 100? Very good in winds and reasonably roomy....good deals for
about £85 ....or look at some of the other Vango models as there arenew ones
out now too at a good price.

Old February 23rd 05, 11:11 PM
Vivian

I bought a Eurohike Backpacker 21OTS. I think I paid around £40 for it, and
it weights 2.5 kgs, ideal for carrying it on a bike. It's supposed to be
for 2 people, but I don't think that 2 people can fit in there. Only
downside is that it doesn't have much of a porch.

--
Vivian
-------

Old February 23rd 05, 11:18 PM
Daytona

"dkahn400" wrote :

Mark Taylor wrote:
I'm looking for a good quality cheap one man tent. Don't mind
which brand and wanting to stay under the £100 mark

Any Suggestions??

I've just bought a Coleman Viper for around £40 from World of Camping,

That's what I got. A bargain imo. Previous comments here -
URL:http://groups.google.co.uk/groups?hl=en&lr=&q=Coleman+Viper&btnG=Search&meta= group%3Duk.rec.walking

On the test night I was rumbled by my cat Felix who hurled himself at
the flysheet until I unzipped the flap and let him in. He spent most of
the night curled up beside my sleeping bag.

lol! my cat normally watches me put the tent up, walks around it with that
wonderfully disdainful air that cats do so well, then turns around and stalks
back into the house. Sleeping outside is for inferior beings, y'see.....

Daytona
Old February 24th 05, 03:21 PM
meisme

Hi Mark

Try asking on www.ukcampsite.co.uk . The members are a mine of information.

HTH

Christopher

Old February 24th 05, 07:37 PM
Mark Taylor

Thanks - I've checked it out and it looks good.Do Millets sell them?

"Kenneth Miles" wrote in message
.uk...
You cant go wrong with the Coleman Cobra.

--
Regards, Kenneth.
www.kmiles.co.uk
"Mark Taylor" wrote in message
I'm looking for a good quality cheap one man tent. Don't mind which brand
and wanting to stay under the £100 mark

Any Suggestions??

What are the lightest/strongest tent pegs ? tomjw UK 28 January 28th 05 07:36 PM
touring tent recommendation Tom @ NSCycle UK 18 January 27th 05 05:28 PM
Got the tent!!! Vivian UK 11 August 25th 04 08:45 AM
Cycle Camping Tent For Sale Not known to me UK 55 May 12th 04 08:34 PM