Lidl sale today

Old March 22nd 04, 04:01 PM
Stephen \(aka steford\)

Default Lidl sale today

Lots of bike accesories on sale from today. Picked up a wireless
computer/heart monitor for £12.99, a rack briefcase (excellent) for £4.99
and a general panier set for the same price. Other stuff included pumps,
repair kits, baby seat, saddle, saddle cover, socks, lock, helmet etc. Full
list on the Lidl website. Not the best quality stuff but great for the
price.

Old March 22nd 04, 04:49 PM
Doki

Stephen (aka steford) wrote:
Lots of bike accesories on sale from today. Picked up a wireless
computer/heart monitor for £12.99

snip

What's it like?

Old March 22nd 04, 05:58 PM
Stephen \(aka steford\)

Doki wrote:
Stephen (aka steford) wrote:
Lots of bike accesories on sale from today. Picked up a wireless
computer/heart monitor for £12.99

snip

What's it like?

Pretty good from what I can see so far - 21 function with all the basic bits
plus the heart monitor. Also has a service feature - so whack in 200, 400,
600 or 800 miles and it will let you know when you've done that much which I
thought was good. Nice instructions, easy to install and looks cool. Seems
to be not autostart though - at least not auto on so I need to look into
that.

Details he-

http://www.lidl.co.uk/gb/index.nsf/p..._Pulse_Monitor

Other items he-

http://www.lidl.co.uk/gb/index.nsf/p...20040322.index

including a cheaper £4.99 computer.

Old March 22nd 04, 06:05 PM
Rodders

"Stephen (aka steford)"
wrote in message ...
Lots of bike accesories on sale from today. Picked up a wireless
computer/heart monitor for £12.99, a rack briefcase (excellent) for £4.99
and a general panier set for the same price. Other stuff included pumps,
repair kits, baby seat, saddle, saddle cover, socks, lock, helmet etc.

Full
list on the Lidl website. Not the best quality stuff but great for the
price.

I bought, padded shorts, cycling top, sports glasses, helmet, gel seat
cover, lock, cycling gloves. How much?

£25 - not bad eh?

Rodders

Old March 22nd 04, 06:41 PM
Jon Senior

"Rodders" wrote in message
I bought, padded shorts, cycling top, sports glasses, helmet, gel seat
cover, lock, cycling gloves. How much?

Vest, cycling top, tights, shorts, 2 pairs of socks. ~£26. Basically the
same price I paid for one pair of winter tights. Quality isn't directly
comparible but this lot certainly seem fine. Does make you wonder why no one
else does this?

For those who make regular trips to the continent, I don't remember what
their cycling gear prices are like, but Decathlon is definately worth a
visit. Has anyone been to the stores in the UK? From the website it looks
like the range is smaller than in France.

Jon

Old March 22nd 04, 06:49 PM
dirtylitterboxofferingstospammers

Vest, cycling top, tights, shorts, 2 pairs of socks. ~£26. Basically the
same price I paid for one pair of winter tights. Quality isn't directly
comparible but this lot certainly seem fine. Does make you wonder why no one
else does this?

They do. Aldi have periodic cycling specials. Plus Tchibo do too.

Cheers, helen s

to get correct one remove dependency on fame & fortune
h*$el*$$e**nd***$o$ts***i*$*$m**m$$o*n**s@$*$a$$o* *l.c**$*$om$$

Old March 22nd 04, 07:18 PM
Helen Deborah Vecht

"Jon Senior" typed

For those who make regular trips to the continent, I don't remember what
their cycling gear prices are like, but Decathlon is definately worth a
visit. Has anyone been to the stores in the UK? From the website it looks
like the range is smaller than in France.

Went to Decathlon in Dockland, in search of camping gear. Not very
impressed with the quality or heavy weight of the stuff. Never been to
France...

--
Helen D. Vecht:
Edgware.
Old March 22nd 04, 08:08 PM
Jon Senior

"Helen Deborah Vecht" wrote in message
Went to Decathlon in Dockland, in search of camping gear. Not very
impressed with the quality or heavy weight of the stuff. Never been to
France...

I spend a lot of time on holiday there. (Though not so much since I moved
out on my own ;-( ) My experiences have been generally good. Both wheels on
my old racer were bought there and the pair (Mavic CXP 33 rims IIRC, and
Ultegra hubs) cost about £150. I still wear a Decathlon SS jersey and
gloves, I have three (Now torn to shreds due to overworking!) pairs of
combats which cost about £10 each, and my cycling shoes are a pair of
own-brand stiff bottomed road shoes which have lasted much better than the
Shimano pair I originally bought when I went clipless!

That said. When I was looking to buy a new bike, their's was one of the
first web sites I looked at. They had exactly what I was looking for; modern
Alu frame, 105 transmission racer. But only in France. The UK site had much
lower spec bikes and no suggestion that they might stock better ones. I
presume that they cater for the market, but the impression is definately
that the UK range is worse than the French.

Their casual clothing is pretty good too!

Jon

Old March 23rd 04, 01:08 AM
Keith Willoughby

Stephen (aka steford) wrote:
Lots of bike accesories on sale from today. Picked up a wireless
computer/heart monitor for £12.99, a rack briefcase (excellent) for £4.99
and a general panier set for the same price. Other stuff included pumps,
repair kits, baby seat, saddle, saddle cover, socks, lock, helmet etc. Full
list on the Lidl website. Not the best quality stuff but great for the
price.

I cycled over to the Lidl in Caerphilly today, and completely failed to
find the damned place. I *really* should have printed out a map and
taken it with me. From what everyone else has said in the thread, they
might not have any kit left tomorrow, either

Still, I think it's kind of cool that I got back thinking not that I'd
had a wasted journey, but that I'd had a nice 11 mile ride. Wouldn't
have had that feeling in a car or on the bus.

"Suspected murderer of Tupac murder suspect murdered"
Old March 23rd 04, 02:12 AM
Keith Willoughby

Keith Willoughby wrote:
I cycled over to the Lidl in Caerphilly today, and completely failed to
find the damned place.

I just found out why. The map for the Caerphilly store on their website
points to the wrong place!

Trips for Kids 13th Annual Bike Swap & Sale Marilyn Price Marketplace 0 June 1st 04 04:52 AM
It came today! elmer Unicycling 13 April 28th 04 06:30 PM
Bike-a-thon today, crashed by Unis! chirokid Unicycling 3 October 1st 03 05:35 AM
bikes for sale I GOTit Australia 2 August 22nd 03 02:58 AM