A Cycling & bikes forum. CycleBanter.com

Go Back   Home » CycleBanter.com forum » rec.bicycles » Social Issues
Site Map Home Register Authors List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Web Partners

The Joys & Pleasures of Cycling on Trails



 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #51  
Old February 7th 14, 06:05 AM posted to rec.bicycles.soc
EdwardDolan
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 532
Default The Joys & Pleasures of Cycling on Trails

Mountain bikers who ride their bikes on hiking trails are the scum of the earth. I rejoice when they manage to kill themselves. It is always good riddance to bad rubbish.

The latest report from the trenches:

http://www.marinij.com/letterstothee...rs-forum-feb-4

Marin Readers' Forum for Feb. 4

From Marin Independent Journal readers
Posted: 02/03/2014 06:19:00 PM PST

Keeps bikes off trails

So mountain bike leaders like Tom Boss of the Marin County Bicycle
Coalition are opposed to illegal trails? Then why don't they inform
authorities when these scars to our parks are being gouged out?

After all, the bikers who lead mountain bike groups are also the ones
who want these pointless jumps and stunts on public lands.

There has never been a case where a mountain bike organization has
ever fingered illegal trail builders.

Mountain bikers have this crazed mentality that their activity
supersedes all others, which justifies anything they do.

Do we really need to have bells ringing in our ears, getting us on
edge, not knowing how fast the biker is coming behind us, while we
are enjoying a walk?

Now the coalition is handing out more bells to mountain bikers so we
get to hear more bells letting us know that we should get out of the
way of speeding vehicles.

Mountain biking belongs on private lands. It is an activity that
contradicts the purpose and concept of trail use.

Bicycles are vehicles and belong only where other vehicles are
allowed in parklands.”

Only the brainless idiots to be found on this desultory newsgroup would disagree with any of the above. That such cretins should exist anywhere in the world is an insult to the intelligence of our species. But it is good that the Great One, namely ME, is here to kick their dumb asses. **** ’em all the way to Hell and back!

Mountain bikes have wheels. Wheels are for roads.

Trails are for walking. What’s the matter? Can’t walk?

Ed Dolan the Great
aka
Saint Edward the Great


Ads
  #52  
Old February 7th 14, 12:41 PM posted to rec.bicycles.soc
John B.[_3_]
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 3,967
Default The Joys & Pleasures of Cycling on Trails

On Fri, 7 Feb 2014 00:05:20 -0600, "EdwardDolan"
wrote:

Mountain bikers who ride their bikes on hiking trails are the scum of the earth. I rejoice when they manage to kill themselves. It is always good riddance to bad rubbish.

The latest report from the trenches:

http://www.marinij.com/letterstothee...rs-forum-feb-4

Marin Readers' Forum for Feb. 4

From Marin Independent Journal readers
Posted: 02/03/2014 06:19:00 PM PST

Keeps bikes off trails

So mountain bike leaders like Tom Boss of the Marin County Bicycle
Coalition are opposed to illegal trails? Then why don't they inform
authorities when these scars to our parks are being gouged out?

After all, the bikers who lead mountain bike groups are also the ones
who want these pointless jumps and stunts on public lands.

There has never been a case where a mountain bike organization has
ever fingered illegal trail builders.

Mountain bikers have this crazed mentality that their activity
supersedes all others, which justifies anything they do.

Do we really need to have bells ringing in our ears, getting us on
edge, not knowing how fast the biker is coming behind us, while we
are enjoying a walk?

Now the coalition is handing out more bells to mountain bikers so we
get to hear more bells letting us know that we should get out of the
way of speeding vehicles.

Mountain biking belongs on private lands. It is an activity that
contradicts the purpose and concept of trail use.

Bicycles are vehicles and belong only where other vehicles are
allowed in parklands.

Only the brainless idiots to be found on this desultory newsgroup would disagree with any of the above. That such cretins should exist anywhere in the world is an insult to the intelligence of our species. But it is good that the Great One, namely ME, is here to kick their dumb asses. **** em all the way to Hell and back!

Mountain bikes have wheels. Wheels are for roads.

Trails are for walking. Whats the matter? Cant walk?

Ed Dolan the Great
aka
Saint Edward the Great


Dolan says, "Only the brainless idiots to be found on this desultory
newsgroup". Yes sir, we agree.

And we remember that Dolan it is that has lurked here practically.
forever. and finally he out does himself in self analysis.

Dolan the sell professed "brainless idiot".
--
Cheers,

John B.
  #53  
Old February 8th 14, 12:31 AM posted to rec.bicycles.soc
EdwardDolan
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 532
Default The Joys & Pleasures of Cycling on Trails

"John B." wrote in message ...

On Fri, 7 Feb 2014 00:05:20 -0600, "EdwardDolan"
wrote:
[...]

Only the brainless idiots to be found on this desultory newsgroup would disagree with any of the above. That such cretins should exist anywhere in the world is an insult to the intelligence of our species. But it is good that the Great One, namely ME, is here to kick their dumb asses. **** ’em all the way to Hell and back!


Dolan says, "Only the brainless idiots to be found on this desultory

newsgroup". Yes sir, we agree.

You need to model yourself after Blackblade who at least tries to say something that is of general interest. It is because of Assholes like you that newsgroups are not what they should be. Name calling is so tiresome! Now go **** yourself and quit bothering the honorable members of this noble newsgroup.

And we remember that Dolan it is that has lurked here practically.

forever. and finally he out does himself in self analysis.

Post content or get lost. What an Asshole!

Mountain bikes have wheels. Wheels are for roads.

Trails are for walking. What’s the matter? Can’t walk?

Ed Dolan the Great
aka
Saint Edward the Great



  #54  
Old February 8th 14, 11:07 AM posted to rec.bicycles.soc
John B.[_3_]
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 3,967
Default The Joys & Pleasures of Cycling on Trails

On Fri, 7 Feb 2014 18:31:30 -0600, "EdwardDolan"
wrote:

"John B." wrote in message ...

On Fri, 7 Feb 2014 00:05:20 -0600, "EdwardDolan"
wrote:
[...]

Only the brainless idiots to be found on this desultory newsgroup would disagree with any of the above. That such cretins should exist anywhere in the world is an insult to the intelligence of our species. But it is good that the Great One, namely ME, is here to kick their dumb asses. **** em all the way to Hell and back!


Dolan says, "Only the brainless idiots to be found on this desultory

newsgroup". Yes sir, we agree.

You need to model yourself after Blackblade who at least tries to say something that is of general interest. It is because of Assholes like you that newsgroups are not what they should be. Name calling is so tiresome! Now go **** yourself and quit bothering the honorable members of this noble newsgroup.

And we remember that Dolan it is that has lurked here practically.

forever. and finally he out does himself in self analysis.

Post content or get lost. What an Asshole!

Mountain bikes have wheels. Wheels are for roads.

Trails are for walking. Whats the matter? Cant walk?

Ed Dolan the Great
aka
Saint Edward the Great



sorry doodles but I can't talk to you any more. As you say ,"Only the
brainless idiots to be found on this desultory newsgroup". You
certainly do a great job of self analysis, don't you.

--
Cheers,

John B.
  #55  
Old February 9th 14, 01:34 AM posted to rec.bicycles.soc
EdwardDolan
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 532
Default The Joys & Pleasures of Cycling on Trails

"John B." wrote in message ...
[...]

sorry doodles but I can't talk to you any more. As you say ,"Only the

brainless idiots to be found on this desultory newsgroup". You
certainly do a great job of self analysis, don't you.

You bet! **** you too Asshole!

Mountain bikes have wheels. Wheels are for roads.

Trails are for walking. What’s the matter? Can’t walk?

Ed Dolan the Great
aka
Saint Edward the Great


  #56  
Old February 9th 14, 01:47 AM posted to rec.bicycles.soc
EdwardDolan
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 532
Default The Joys & Pleasures of Cycling on Trails

Just another one of thousands of messages I have received via email newsletters about how mountain bikers are destroying everything connected with wilderness values by continuing to ride their bikes on hiking trails. May God Damn their rotten souls to everlasting Hellfire! Baring that eventuality, a good horsewhipping on their worthless backsides might do some good. Posse comitatus anyone?

Date: Sun, 2 Feb 2014 17:20:40 -0800
Subject: What did MCBC know and when did they know it?

Good letter. It's truly amazing to me how much these mtb'ers lie
so straight faced. Reminds me of an old joke about the wife who
walks in on her husband having an affair. Later that day he's in
complete denial saying it was her imagination and asked her if she
was going to believe him or her "lying eyes". That's exactly how
these bikers are. They say that the majority of them are harmless &
try to disassociate themselves with the more radical faction. The
only good thing about the obvious damage that's shown up is that it's
irrefutable evidence of what they want to use our formerly pristine
parks for that could hopefully mobilize the public against them.


Mountain bikes have wheels. Wheels are for roads.

Trails are for walking. What’s the matter? Can’t walk?

Ed Dolan the Great
aka
Saint Edward the Great


  #57  
Old February 9th 14, 03:22 AM posted to rec.bicycles.soc
EdwardDolan
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 532
Default The Joys & Pleasures of Cycling on Trails

The eternal dialogue continues with never any resolution insight. Blackblade aligns himself with the “responsible” bikers, but does he not know that a single rotten apple destroys the whole barrel. In actual fact, anyone who bikes on a hiking trail is a ”rogue” biker. Mountain bikers have got to go – ALL of them.

“I have met, from time to time, a number of "responsible" mountain bikers. I consider myself a responsible mountain biker although I do not ride on the mountains, either on the trails or on the fire roads of Marin. I only ride on paved streets and areas where biking is permitted.

In addition, while hiking on the trails my wife and I have sometimes encounter "responsible" bikers who treat us and the environment respectfully.

My main point, is that if we distinguish between responsible bikers and rogue bikers, eventually the responsible bikers, or the so-called responsible bikers, will have to step forward and start confronting their rogue counterparts. This will probably be a while in coming.

But more important is that the general public and our public officials start to make this distinction. I think I am making an original contribution in the debate here as most people simply don't make the distinction at all. The more our public officials realize the damage being done by the rogue bikers, the more they will understand that they simply have to crack down. The long history of wishy-washy measures will one day be behind us only when our public officials become willing to crack down on the rogue bikers.

You have a good point. But consider this from the point of view of the wildlife: would you rather be run over by a "rogue" mountain biker, or a "responsible" mountain biker? You would be equally dead, either way. That's why I harp on wildlife all the time. A "polite" mountain biker can still be harmful to the wildlife. For one thing, they greatly extend the human footprint into natural areas, regardless of how polite they are to other humans. I suspect that if you challenge some of your "responsible" mountain bikers on such issues, they will stop being polite. That's been my experience: they are polite only as long as they are getting their way. Try asking more of them, and see what happens....

Great letter! But I have yet to meet a "responsible mountain biker". I doubt that such a thing exists. "Rogue" mountain bikers are at least a very large proportion of mountain bikers, and a very large number of people -- enough to put many of them in every single park.”
Mountain bikes have wheels. Wheels are for roads.

Trails are for walking. What’s the matter? Can’t walk?

Ed Dolan the Great
aka
Saint Edward the Great

  #58  
Old February 9th 14, 12:00 PM posted to rec.bicycles.soc
John B.[_3_]
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 3,967
Default The Joys & Pleasures of Cycling on Trails

On Sat, 8 Feb 2014 19:34:33 -0600, "EdwardDolan"
wrote:

"John B." wrote in message ...
[...]

sorry doodles but I can't talk to you any more. As you say ,"Only the

brainless idiots to be found on this desultory newsgroup". You
certainly do a great job of self analysis, don't you.

You bet! **** you too Asshole!

Mountain bikes have wheels. Wheels are for roads.

Trails are for walking. Whats the matter? Cant walk?

Ed Dolan the Great
aka
Saint Edward the Great


Rather proves the "brainless idiots" title that you have allotted.

--
Cheers,

John B.
  #59  
Old February 9th 14, 12:00 PM posted to rec.bicycles.soc
John B.[_3_]
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 3,967
Default The Joys & Pleasures of Cycling on Trails

On Sat, 8 Feb 2014 19:47:55 -0600, "EdwardDolan"
wrote:

Just another one of thousands of messages I have received via email newsletters about how mountain bikers are destroying everything connected with wilderness values by continuing to ride their bikes on hiking trails. May God Damn their rotten souls to everlasting Hellfire! Baring that eventuality, a good horsewhipping on their worthless backsides might do some good. Posse comitatus anyone?

Date: Sun, 2 Feb 2014 17:20:40 -0800
Subject: What did MCBC know and when did they know it?

Good letter. It's truly amazing to me how much these mtb'ers lie
so straight faced. Reminds me of an old joke about the wife who
walks in on her husband having an affair. Later that day he's in
complete denial saying it was her imagination and asked her if she
was going to believe him or her "lying eyes". That's exactly how
these bikers are. They say that the majority of them are harmless &
try to disassociate themselves with the more radical faction. The
only good thing about the obvious damage that's shown up is that it's
irrefutable evidence of what they want to use our formerly pristine
parks for that could hopefully mobilize the public against them.


Mountain bikes have wheels. Wheels are for roads.

Trails are for walking. Whats the matter? Cant walk?

Ed Dolan the Great
aka
Saint Edward the Great



More from the self anointed "brainless idiot".
--
Cheers,

John B.
  #60  
Old February 10th 14, 08:22 PM posted to rec.bicycles.soc
Blackblade[_2_]
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 214
Default The Joys & Pleasures of Cycling on Trails

You obviously do not read your own mountain biker propaganda.
It is just chock full of nothing but enthusiasm for riding bikes on hiking
trails. I see very litte there about the dangers of mountain biking. I assure
you that most cyclists who ride their bikes on trails have no sense of the
danger of it.


We already had this conversation, and I posted links to a number of MTB sites which have crash and injury sections. Anyone who rides a bike understands that it is inherently unstable and they may fall off it.

I simply pointed out that the odds are not as extreme as you might

expect. And, for this reason, a goodly number of hikers do succumb to
fatal injuries as a result of hiking.

Hikers occasionally come to a bad end too but almost always
from doing something they shouldn't have been doing. With mountain bikers it is
just the opposite. They are doing what they think they should be doing and come
to a bad end as a direct result of it. The two cases are very
different.


This is your judgement ... you approve of hikers and disapprove of bikers. However, viewed objectively they are both doing the same thing ... recreation in a natural environment.

That is NOT the norm with young males cycling on hiking
trails. The injuries and deaths are out of all proportion to any enjoyment
derived therefrom. It is an extremely dangerous thing to be doing. But there are
plenty of older males and women and children who also suffer injuries while
engaged in this "sport" because they are entirely ignorant of how dangerous it
is.


It's not that dangerous ... 0.00123 is a lot less than driving ... and most people do that quite happily every day.

And, even if you were correct, adults are entitled to risk their own necks.

I am just waiting for the lawsuits to commence. Someone needs
to be held responsible for this carnage.


You and I live in very different worlds. In mine, an adult is entitled to make their own decisions and then has to live with the consequences. Who do you propose is sued ?

And, were your proposal to be adopted, think of all the other, more dangerous, sports ... what would happen there ? No more American Football for a start.

 




Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Pleasures of cycling in the Netherlands Partac[_10_] UK 28 May 28th 12 09:10 PM
The joys of cycling in London Simon Mason[_4_] UK 2 November 2nd 11 05:17 PM
The joys of cycling as seen through the eyes of a runner Simon Mason[_4_] UK 0 August 11th 11 08:24 AM
The pleasures of illegal cycling Just zis Guy, you know?[_2_] UK 37 June 2nd 09 03:58 PM
one of the joys of cycling... greggery peccary General 56 March 12th 05 02:46 PM


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 05:33 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2004-2018 CycleBanter.com.
The comments are property of their posters.