unispins

Old August 24th 06, 12:18 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
gabetheunicycleman

Default unispins

firstly, yes i can already do a 180 unispin however, whenever i practice
them i always seem to sprain my wrist. i can do it once or twice but
anymore than that makes it sore. it may be because im accidentally and
instinctivly trying to land seat in, which means that i land on my
wrist or it may be due to the seat height or my technique. i also find
that the seat handle gets in the way. if anyone has any ideas on what
could be causing this or has had the same problem let me know.

--
gabetheunicycleman

unicycleman does not stand..... he sits on the air --unicycleman-
gabetheunicycleman's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/13054

Old August 24th 06, 02:01 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
tobbogonist

Teach me to unispin and i shall help the crap out of you

--
tobbogonist

Unicycle:
Gives me somewhere to sit when i walk
tobbogonist's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/12176

Old August 24th 06, 02:38 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
onewheelah

try having your seat a little lower.. and i find with 180 unispins it is
bewtter to land seat out but for 360 it is better to land seat in.
thats all i got for you now!

--
onewheelah
onewheelah's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/11657

Old August 24th 06, 03:13 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
KlownLife

post a vid so i can see your exactly hand moments, at the moment I can
imagine what you're doing to hurt your wrist because I think I used to
do the same thing.
Get the vid up and I'll try and help from there.

Jas

--
KlownLife

UNICYCLING FOR MYSELF

"The Unicycle world is my religion, more than a society phenomenon : my
urban culture. " - -Adrien Mainand-

olarf wrote:
In Germany we would call you a "grosser Spinner"

KlownLife's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/5196

Old August 24th 06, 11:44 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
gabetheunicycleman

thanks man. can do
and to the guy that cant do them, practice 180 jump mounts until you
can do em easy, then practice sif hopping. add the two together and
voila. check the unicyclopedia for a tutorial on them. i wrote the one
in the street section. there pretty easy. i learned them in my second
month of riding.

Old August 26th 06, 09:43 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
tobbogonist

gabetheunicycleman wrote:
thanks man. can do
and to the guy that cant do them, practice 180 jump mounts until you
can do em easy, then practice sif hopping. add the two together and
voila. check the unicyclopedia for a tutorial on them. i wrote the one
in the street section. there pretty easy. i learned them in my second
month of riding.

Thanks man, i just feel i am going to loose the skin of my shin,
happend first time i did and havnt really gone for it again. i shall
try that

Old August 26th 06, 09:47 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
tomtrevor

my wrist used to hurt doing unispins, but i just kept doing them and now
i am used to it and i have no problem.

--
tomtrevor

'A GALLERY!!'
(http://www.unicyclist.com/gallery/?g2_itemId=196944)
'KEEPIN' IT WHEEL' (www.mediahug.com/bikes)
I Read The Bible While Unicycling Becuse I Unicycle For Christ

You know your not in the hood when you think a 'cap in your ass' is a
funny place to put a hat.
'g' (http://www.google.com.au/)'o' (http://www.google.com.br/)'o'
(http://www.google.co.uk/)'g' (http://www.google.com.ni/)'l'
(http://www.google.to/)'i' (http://www.google.ch/)'n'
(http://www.google.com.mt/)'g' (http://www.google.com.na/)'s'
(http://www.google.rw/)'!'
(http://www.google.com.do/)'t'
(http://mediahug.com/bikes/?page_id=26)o'm'
(http://www.funnyjunk.com/)''s'
(http://www.freelineskates.com/) 'r'
(http://www.tlb.org/park-all.lowbw.mpg)'a'
(http://www.burntfaceman.com/)n'd'
(http://tinyurl.com/c1as)'o'
(http://www.cheese.com)'m'
(http://www.coverpop.com/whitney/index.php?var=v0)
'l'
(http://www.mediahug.com/bikes/)i'n'
(http://www.mediahug.com/almax/)k'a'
(http://www.bakedbeans.com)'g'
(http://www.joecartoon.com/)e's'
(http://www.break.com/)
tomtrevor's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/12118

Old August 27th 06, 09:51 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
gabetheunicycleman

yeh i found a new way to hold the seat so that there is not as much
pressure on my wrist. i also made the seat slightly higher so i could
reach it better for sif. before i had to like bend over. also for
anyone learning i ?think? that mayby combining a 90 or so body varial
with a 90 degree or so unispin may make it easier to learn. im not
sure. ill try it and let you know.

Old August 27th 06, 09:58 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
tomtrevor

i havent tried that but it seems harder. in a unispin you just spin the
uni, with the 90-90degree thing you have to move your body as well as
the uni so it may be harder but dont take my word for it.

Old August 27th 06, 10:22 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
gabetheunicycleman

yeah
im gonna put out a video tutorial on it tonight hopefully if not tomz.

Unispins skate4flip Unicycling 3 March 5th 06 02:41 AM
Unispins on a Giraffe? edsbelly Unicycling 15 February 27th 06 05:25 AM
360 unispins VS gliding munimanpete Unicycling 0 November 24th 05 09:35 PM
no more unispins without shinguards revengeofthemole Unicycling 7 September 5th 05 09:32 PM
Unispins Eublapharis13 Unicycling 5 November 3rd 03 12:11 AM