Stolen [Syd]:Trek Madone 5.5 2007 Model

Old June 12th 07, 12:45 AM posted to aus.bicycle
kanangara[_6_]

Default Stolen [Syd]:Trek Madone 5.5 2007 Model

A friend of mine has had his roadie stolen from Greenwich, Sydney this
weekend, it's rather unique especially with the spinergy wheels and
Chris King Pretty & Strong Pink
Headset. If you see it around please let me (president @ mwmtb.com)
and/or the police know.

The specifics a

Trek Madone 5.5 2007 Model (Black and white colour)
Spinergy Xaero Light Wheels - White Kevlar spokes with one blue spoke
per
wheel
Pink Chris King headset
White Fizik bar tape
Shimano Durace groupset
Sella Italia SLR Gel Flow saddle

Parbs

--
kanangara

Old June 12th 07, 01:11 AM posted to aus.bicycle
Bleve

On Jun 12, 9:45 am, kanangara kanangara.2s1...@no-
mx.forums.cyclingforums.com wrote:
A friend of mine has had his roadie stolen from Greenwich, Sydney this
weekend, it's rather unique especially with the spinergy wheels and
Chris King Pretty & Strong Pink
Headset. If you see it around please let me (president @ mwmtb.com)
and/or the police know.

The specifics a

Trek Madone 5.5 2007 Model (Black and white colour)
Spinergy Xaero Light Wheels - White Kevlar spokes with one blue spoke
per
wheel
Pink Chris King headset
White Fizik bar tape
Shimano Durace groupset
Sella Italia SLR Gel Flow saddle

Look for the groupset and wheels on ebay, look in the harbour for the
frame. That's (I believe) what happens to nicked bikes - stripped for
parts and the frames turfed.

Old June 12th 07, 01:32 AM posted to aus.bicycle
kanangara[_7_]

Unfortunately you're probably right. There appears to be a bit of a
spate of high-end bike thefts in Sydney at the moment.

--
kanangara

Old June 12th 07, 01:57 AM posted to aus.bicycle
Bleve

On Jun 12, 10:32 am, kanangara kanangara.2s1...@no-
mx.forums.cyclingforums.com wrote:
Unfortunately you're probably right. There appears to be a bit of a
spate of high-end bike thefts in Sydney at the moment.

Do you remember when the Cannondale warehouse got rolled?
*that* was a big heist.

Old June 12th 07, 02:34 AM posted to aus.bicycle
kanangara[_8_]

Bleve Wrote:
Do you remember when the Cannondale warehouse got rolled?
*that* was a big heist.

Yup, the weekend of the Scott 24hr, I have a few freinds that work at
Cannondale. The suggestion has been made (with just a little tounge in
cheek) that the recent spate of thefts is because somebody has run out
of Cannondales.

Parbs

--
kanangara

Old June 12th 07, 12:32 PM posted to aus.bicycle
monsterman[_55_]

Bleve Wrote:

Look for the groupset and wheels on ebay, look in the harbour for the
frame. That's (I believe) what happens to nicked bikes - stripped for
parts and the frames turfed.

I'm packing my snorkel next time I head to Sydney

--
monsterman

Old June 12th 07, 12:38 PM posted to aus.bicycle
Shane Stanley

In article ,
monsterman wrote:

Bleve Wrote:

Look for the groupset and wheels on ebay, look in the harbour for the
frame. That's (I believe) what happens to nicked bikes - stripped for
parts and the frames turfed.

I'm packing my snorkel next time I head to Sydney

Surely the plastic ones float...

--
Shane Stanley
Old June 12th 07, 11:40 PM posted to aus.bicycle
MikeyOz[_74_]

Shane Stanley Wrote:

Surely the plastic ones float...

Probably weighted with cinder blocks or concrete....

--
MikeyOz

WTB: Trek Madone 52 cm Mike Bricker Marketplace 0 May 13th 07 08:56 PM
Stolen bikes: Cervelo P3 and Trek Madone 5.9 Donga Australia 0 May 10th 07 04:11 AM
TREK Madone 5.5 - Best Buy ?? Dogfighting Racing 4 August 16th 06 06:17 AM
Trek Madone doki UK 0 May 25th 05 09:55 PM
Trek Madone 5.9 or 5.9 SL Andrew Martin Techniques 54 October 4th 04 02:50 AM