RR: Nice day (a few photos too)

Old June 24th 04, 05:24 AM
MattB

Default RR: Nice day (a few photos too)

I'm taking a few days off to burn up some PTO, do some yard work, and of
course go on some rides.
MrsB and I headed up the valley for a ride after dropping the boy off at
daycare this morning. We were planning on doing a short-ish but pretty
technical ride but ended up taking a wrong turn and did a little longer one.
It also had some pretty tough sections on the dh but also some great
cruising.

It started climbing on a jeep trail.
http://mattb.net/images/2004-06/402_climb.JPG

Soon it became singletrack. There were some beautiful flowers.
http://mattb.net/images/2004-06/402_flowers.JPG

Between steep sections, there were some great buff parts with the occasional
root ledge.
http://mattb.net/images/2004-06/402_dh.jpg

A couple of creek crossings and some smooth singletrack brought us back to
where we started after 13 Miles or so.
It was a beautiful morning and we had a great time. The wrong turn ended up
being a blessing in disguise
After some burritos at Teocalli Tamale and we headed home for an afternoon
of roto-tilling (wee!).

Matt

Old June 24th 04, 05:38 AM
G.T.

MattB wrote:

[...]

Please stop posting links to photos, or simple block me from viewing
mattb.net, my IP is 66.159.245.168.

Envious in chronically gloomy SoCal,
Greg "I have no idea what happened to the sun and blue sky" T.

--
Destroy your safe and happy lives
Before it is too late
Old June 24th 04, 07:17 AM
S o r n i

Default Nice day (a few photos too)

MattB wrote:n {snip excellent RR}

After some burritos at Teocalli Tamale and we headed home for an
afternoon of roto-tilling

Family newsgroup, buddy.

Bill "like Greg said, June Gloom upon us in SoCal" S.

Old June 24th 04, 08:51 AM

That what I call smooth to go fast and easy.

I MTB 2004

Old June 24th 04, 08:56 AM
bomba

MattB wrote:

It started climbing on a jeep trail.
http://mattb.net/images/2004-06/402_climb.JPG

Must not pack in job and emigrate.
Old June 24th 04, 11:52 AM
Ride-A-Lot

MattB wrote:
[...]

Nice pics and trail too!

My damn roto-tiller won't start (troy-built junior). I've replaced the plug
and cleaned the whole damn thing. Any ideas?

--
o-o-o-o Ride-A-Lot o-o-o-o
www.schnauzers.ws

Old June 24th 04, 12:08 PM
Stephen Baker

ride-a-lot says:

My damn roto-tiller won't start (troy-built junior). I've replaced the plug
and cleaned the whole damn thing. Any ideas?

Buy a good fork, and get a work-out. You won't get that frikkin hard-pack 8"
to 10" down, either...

Steve
Old June 24th 04, 03:48 PM
Shawn Curry

Ride-A-Lot wrote:

A couple of creek crossings and some smooth singletrack brought us
back to where we started after 13 Miles or so.
It was a beautiful morning and we had a great time. The wrong turn
ended up being a blessing in disguise
After some burritos at Teocalli Tamale and we headed home for an
afternoon of roto-tilling (wee!).

Matt

Nice pics and trail too!

My damn roto-tiller won't start (troy-built junior). I've replaced the plug
and cleaned the whole damn thing. Any ideas?

Clean airfilter?
new fuel filter?
How long has the gas been in the tank?
Gooed up carb from sitting for a year (carb cleaner spray)?
Points making contact/good shape?
Change the oil for good measure.
Just the sorts of things I've had trouble with with small engines. Its
almost alyays fuel/air or spark. The other parts just don't seem to
wear out.

Shawn

Old June 24th 04, 04:13 PM
Ride-A-Lot

Shawn Curry wrote:
Ride-A-Lot wrote:

[...]

Ah. Thanks. I will try a few of those. It has been sitting without use
for two years.

Old June 24th 04, 04:30 PM
pas

MattB wrote:
I'm taking a few days off to burn up some PTO, do some yard work, and
of course go on some rides.
MrsB and I headed up the valley for a ride after dropping the boy off
at daycare this morning. We were planning on doing a short-ish but
pretty technical ride but ended up taking a wrong turn and did a
little longer one. It also had some pretty tough sections on the dh
but also some great cruising.

It started climbing on a jeep trail.

thanks for sharing, Matt. I love high country riding. ;-) You guys should
really come up to Idaho this summer! I know, it's like only an 18 hour drive
or so....

penny