H*lf*rds - A Result :-)

Old November 24th 05, 07:24 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling

Default H*lf*rds - A Result :-)

On Wed, 23 Nov 2005 23:48:29 -0000, "Simon Bennett"
wrote:

"Sandy Morton" wrote in message
In article , Bertie
Wiggins wrote:
*Bargain full suspension bike* is an oxymoron. I'm considering
contacting trading standards about this failure, but am unsure how
they may respond.

Sorry about this but - if it's a Labour administration, the child is
between 7 and 9 and the child is coloured - the Trading Standards
people will go ballistic.

Any particular colour?

The same question went through my head.

I've emailed trading standards to see if it's something that they'd
want to take up. The issue is not about the retailer - I'm sure they
will repair the bike - it's about whether such bikes should be sold in
the first place.
Old November 24th 05, 09:35 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling

In article , Bertie
Wiggins wrote:
The same question went through my head.

Ethnic minority colour

I've emailed trading standards to see if it's something that they'd
want to take up. The issue is not about the retailer - I'm sure
they will repair the bike - it's about whether such bikes should be
sold in the first place.

Any bike can fail but if it happens twice with the same model then a
fault exists.

Old November 24th 05, 01:02 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling

Al C-F wrote:
Bertie Wiggins wrote:

*Bargain full suspension bike* is an oxymoron.

Not so. However, the price may still be high, even for a bargain.

Indeed. I had an £800 bargain a few years ago.

--
Ambrose

Old November 24th 05, 05:30 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling

On Thu, 24 Nov 2005 09:35:46 +0000 (GMT), Sandy Morton
wrote:

In article , Bertie
Wiggins wrote:
The same question went through my head.

Ethnic minority colour

I would like to think that colour won't come into it - and certainly
didn't mention it in my email to them.

I've emailed trading standards to see if it's something that they'd
want to take up. The issue is not about the retailer - I'm sure
they will repair the bike - it's about whether such bikes should be
sold in the first place.

Any bike can fail but if it happens twice with the same model then a
fault exists.

I'd hate to wait for a second event to cause injury.

This was my email:

**A 10 year old child showed me yesterday a new bike whose front
**brake had failed when a bit of metal sheared. I fully expect that
**the bike vendor will make the necessary repair, but as a safety
**issue, is this something that you deal with?

This is their reply.

**This is indeed something that Trading Standards would deal with.
**If you can provide us with all the necessary details (make and
**model of bike, where and when purchased etc.) we can then
**progress the case.

It seems that they don't even need to see the bike.