To cycle is to live dangerously...[

Old October 27th 17, 09:57 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
John B.[_3_]

Default To cycle is to live dangerously...[

On Wed, 25 Oct 2017 10:21:05 -0400, "(PeteCresswell)"
wrote:

Per Jeff Liebermann:
Incidentally, at one time, I was into entomophagy, also known as
eating insects:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Entomophagy
Most of the world does that, but not the allegedly civilized western
cultures. I didn't do anything fancy or disgusting. Mostly crickets,
mealworm, and chocolate covered ants.
https://www.amazon.com/Edible-Insects-Mixed-Grasshoppers-Crickets/dp/B01D961QI6/

A bunch of years ago, I saw a PBS documentary on a couple of
anthropologists visiting one of the Pacific islands.

Every so often the locals would sail over to another (uninhabited)
island and look for a certain kind of dead tree - from which they
harvested white grubs about 2 inches (IRRC) long.

Anthropologists and cameraman went with them, they harvested the grubs,
and then there was the inevitable "Here, try one....".

Cameraman got a good shot of one of the anthropologists' face during the
process.... After the initial revulsion, he finally took one of the
(live) grubs, and started chewing on it.

His whole face changed and he said something like "Man, these things
taste *really* good !".

You don't need to go to some remote pacific island, just ask James
about "witchety grubs".
--
Cheers,

John B.

Old October 27th 17, 06:23 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Andre Jute[_2_]

On Friday, October 27, 2017 at 7:18:46 AM UTC+1, Jeff Liebermann wrote:

Andre Jute
And don't let on that you don't believe Churchill said that

Since Google search found no evidence of such an utterance, I'm
compelled to believer that he did not day it. If it can't be found by
Google, it doesn't exist.

I thought that's what I just said. Actually, I wouldn't give Google the satisfaction. I consider Google to be the nastiest kind of monopolist, and an enemy of free speech besides, not to mention that its entire board of directors are thieves who tried to steal all the literary copyrights in the world until stopped by a judge.

Andre Jute
Being big doesn't make a corporation honest or even necessary
Old October 27th 17, 10:44 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech

On Friday, October 27, 2017 at 10:23:17 AM UTC-7, Andre Jute wrote:
On Friday, October 27, 2017 at 7:18:46 AM UTC+1, Jeff Liebermann wrote:

Andre Jute
And don't let on that you don't believe Churchill said that

Since Google search found no evidence of such an utterance, I'm
compelled to believer that he did not day it. If it can't be found by
Google, it doesn't exist.

I thought that's what I just said. Actually, I wouldn't give Google the satisfaction. I consider Google to be the nastiest kind of monopolist, and an enemy of free speech besides, not to mention that its entire board of directors are thieves who tried to steal all the literary copyrights in the world until stopped by a judge.

Andre Jute
Being big doesn't make a corporation honest or even necessary

Google is a nice polite and unbiased source if you compare it to either Snopes or Answers. These people actually employ ex-campaign workers for left wing fanatics and then claim to have completely unbiased answers.

When I'm explaining how man-made climate change can't exist we have Snopes quoting NASA reports. When I look to the basic science that NASA used it duplicates my explanations almost to a T. The fact is that most of the scientists at NASA don't support any of the claims of that Department or NOAA as well. If memory serves only 52% even thought that there was a climate change occurring.
Old October 28th 17, 02:28 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Andre Jute[_2_]

On Friday, October 27, 2017 at 10:44:53 PM UTC+1, wrote:
[...]

That's the point, that what we see in climate is a few short term variations in a longer natural cycle as we come out of an ice age. The rest is exposed statistical lies by clowns like Michael Mann.

Did you for instance know that the majority of the scientists at the IPCC -- not in general, the guys with their snouts in the global warming trough themselves -- believe that up to 2 degrees of global warming will be beneficial? When I mentioned that here, on RBT, I was called a liar. And there were no apologies when I published a reference to the page of the actual IPCC report on which this startling conclusion could be found. These trashy "ecologists" hadn't even read the report they claimed was their Bible. I came gradually to the opinion that most of these clowns believe in global warming as a tenet of the religion of scientism, which is specifically forbidden by the ethics rules of the NAS. There's more science in Scientology than in global warming. Now that global warming is in its death throes (about forty years overdue), only the wrecker remnant of marxists and the scum who want to use global warming as a tool to tell others how to live their lives still "believe" in it.

Andre Jute
Making the apocalyptics look foolish since I was a precocious teenager with a column in a national newspaper and the apocalypse du jour was the hole in the ozone layer, which I'm still waiting to be shown.
Old October 28th 17, 02:31 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
AMuzi

On 10/27/2017 8:16 PM, Frank Krygowski wrote:
On 10/27/2017 5:44 PM, wrote:

When I'm explaining how man-made climate change can't
exist we have Snopes quoting NASA reports.

I just don't understand why everyone doesn't believe a
Usenet nut instead of a government agency with enough PhDs
and graduate engineers to put people on the moon.

Oh, that's right, I forgot. The moon landing was a hoax.

http://tinyurl.com/y8dc4ebh

Like so many formerly professional agencies, NASA suffers a
credibility crisis from being politicized rather than
dispassionate on issues beyond their expertise.

http://thedeepstate.com/acid-rain-playbook/

Specific to NASA's credibility problem:
https://www.space.com/8725-nasa-chie...eera-stir.html

Which set the tone for later notorious data manipulation.
After all, the end justifies the means at NASA.

--
Andrew Muzi
www.yellowjersey.org/

Old October 28th 17, 02:48 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
AMuzi

On 10/27/2017 8:28 PM, Andre Jute wrote:
[...]

Yes, we've been over this here before.
Deaths from cold dwarf deaths from heat, and CO2 gets split
in plants to make starches sugars and fiber, exhaling O2.
What's not to like? I'm still waiting, 25 years on, for GW
to start. It's 36F here right now. GW? Bring it on!

None of this is about chemistry, climate or facts:

“When I use a word,’ Humpty Dumpty said in rather a
scornful tone, ‘it means just what I choose it to mean —
neither more nor less.’

’The question is,’ said Alice, ‘whether you can make words
mean so many different things.’

’The question is,’ said Humpty Dumpty, ‘which is to be
master — that’s all.”

Old October 29th 17, 08:36 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech

On Friday, October 27, 2017 at 6:16:26 PM UTC-7, Frank Krygowski wrote:
On 10/27/2017 5:44 PM, wrote:

When I'm explaining how man-made climate change can't exist we have Snopes quoting NASA reports.

I just don't understand why everyone doesn't believe a Usenet nut
instead of a government agency with enough PhDs and graduate engineers
to put people on the moon.

Oh, that's right, I forgot. The moon landing was a hoax.

http://tinyurl.com/y8dc4ebh

Frank, I am never surprised when you prove to not have a brain in your head..

http://thedeepstate.com/acid-rain-playbook/

Every day we are being assaulted by the media and NASA and NOAA about man-made climate change. Now science knows this is pure hogwash and always has. The media is doing nothing more than what they always do - attempt to breed panic and unrest in the population so that their master can have more control.

Should you not believe this let me simply give you a government pamphlet from 1941: From the US Department of Agriculture, Title, "Climate and Man: Much has been written about varying amounts of carbon dioxide in the atmosphere as a possible cause of glacial periods. The theory received a fatal blow when it was realized that carbon dioxide is very selective as to the wavelengths of radiant energy it will absorb, filtering out such waves as even very minute quantities of water vapor dispose of anyway. No probable increase in atmospheric carbon dioxide could materially affect either the amount of insulation reaching the surface or the amount of terrestrial radiation lost to space."

Who are the overwhelming majority of people that support the idea of Man-Made Global Warming? People like Frank and Jay who know no science but will say absolutely stupid things like "If NASA can send a man into space I'm sure they can tell what the weather is going to be in 40 years."

A newspaper article from 1871:

"We have often noticed that in the tabular statements of those compilers of weather records who write to the Times, useful and welcome as their communications are, every season is sure to be "extraordinary," almost every month one of the driest or wettest, or windiest, coldest or hottest, ever known.. Much observation, which ought to correct a tendency to exaggerate, seems in some minds to have rather a tendency to increase it."

This is because people have short lives. They are far more willing to believe what they experience NOW is special and different. They think that THEY are special and different and so whatever happens to them is special and different.

But the fact is that we have warm periods every thousand years or so. Recorded we have the Minoan Warm Period, The Roman Warm Period, The Medieval Warm Period and our present one that started in 1880. Then sudden NASA raw data changed and it started in 1886. And then the raw data changed yet again and it started in 1906. These warm periods are interspersed with cold periods.

Perhaps you noticed this back in the 1970's when we were being accosted with the coming great Ice Age and Gore was giving his $100,000 a speech lessons on how we were soon to freeze to death?

NOAA reported exceptional warming in central Africa. The strange part of this is that NOAA doesn't have one single monitoring station in central Africa and the satellite temperature record shows normal temperatures.

The management of the government's science has long ago been usurped by the environmental movement whose ideals began with Margaret Sanger who referred to anyone not White Anglo Saxon as "human weeds". Sanger believed that the United States should “keep the doors of immigration closed to the entrance of certain aliens whose condition is known to be detrimental to the stamina of the race, such as feebleminded, idiots, morons, Insane, syphilitic, epileptic, criminal, professional prostitutes, and others in this class barred by the immigration laws of 1924.” —“A Plan for Peace,” Birth Control Review, April 1932, pages 107-108

The White Anglo Saxon majority loved her so much that the government funded Planned Parenthood which are almost entirely in or on the fringes of minority neighborhoods to kill off those that they see not fit to live.
Old October 29th 17, 11:43 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Frank Krygowski[_4_]

On 10/29/2017 4:36 PM, wrote:
On Friday, October 27, 2017 at 6:16:26 PM UTC-7, Frank Krygowski wrote:

I just don't understand why everyone doesn't believe a Usenet nut
instead of a government agency with enough PhDs and graduate engineers
to put people on the moon.

Oh, that's right, I forgot. The moon landing was a hoax.

http://tinyurl.com/y8dc4ebh

Frank, I am never surprised when you prove to not have a brain in your head.

http://thedeepstate.com/acid-rain-playbook/

Every day we are being assaulted by the media and NASA and NOAA about man-made climate change. Now science knows this is pure hogwash and always has...

Who are the overwhelming majority of people that support the idea of Man-Made Global Warming? People like Frank and Jay who know no science...

Tom, we know that you don't have much formal education. I wonder if you
personally know a single scientist.

I know, or have known, well over a dozen professional scientists. I
don't know one who thinks the way you do. In fact, I doubt any of the
ones I know would describe you as anything other than an internet nut.

--
- Frank Krygowski
Old October 30th 17, 03:08 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
John B.[_3_]

On Sun, 29 Oct 2017 19:43:12 -0400, Frank Krygowski
wrote:

On 10/29/2017 4:36 PM, wrote:
[...]

I don't believe that there can be any argument that the polar icecaps
are declining - about 13% per decade from 1979 - 2017. The question is
why? Normal fluctuation in earth temperature? CO2 emissions? Spread of
fire ants?

One thing that appears to be uncontested is that using the "medieval
warm period" as a mean the current average earth temperature is
approximately 0.4 degrees hotter and seems to be increasing annually
at an accelerated rate.

As an aside, it seems that in recent years there has been a similarity
in increased bicycle sales and increased global warming :-)
--
Cheers,

John B.