Official pedal cyclist road deaths in 2016 ex DOT/NHTSA/FARS(Fatality Analysis Reporting System)

Old September 21st 18, 08:00 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech

Default Official pedal cyclist road deaths in 2016 ex DOT/NHTSA/FARS(Fatality Analysis Reporting System)

On Friday, September 21, 2018 at 9:28:51 AM UTC-7, AMuzi wrote:
On 9/21/2018 11:14 AM, wrote:
On Thursday, September 20, 2018 at 7:14:18 AM UTC-7, jbeattie wrote:
On Thursday, September 20, 2018 at 2:18:28 AM UTC-7, Andre Jute wrote:
On Thursday, September 20, 2018 at 1:43:47 AM UTC+1, AMuzi wrote:
On 9/19/2018 7:26 PM, Radey Shouman wrote:
jbeattie writes:

On Wednesday, September 19, 2018 at 10:02:04 AM UTC-7, Andre Jute wrote:
On Wednesday, September 19, 2018 at 4:40:32 PM UTC+1, jbeattie wrote:

I don't even get why the lunatic right would hate on Janet Reno.
If she was a tyrant who tortured prisoners, she should be the
poster-girl of the hell-fire and brimstone set.

-- Jay Beattie.

You should ask a member of the lunatic right to explain that to
you. Don't forget to report here so we can all have a giggle.

If you doubt that Reno tortured prisoners, I've already given you a
vivid, uncontested example in this thread. If you think you know
better, disprove it. Where one finds one example of such brutality,
there are usually many more examples to be discovered by any
competent investigator. It's not my problem if your media has
betrayed its obligation to truth, and to you.

Well, your media is betraying you, too:
http://blogs.brown.edu/pols-1821t-20...Walk_Myths.pdf

And why are we debating the past -- and particularly a past that was
well-known when Janet Reno was unanimously confirmed by the Senate?
Was the FBI not doing its job? The Senate Judiciary Committee not
doing its job? The Office of Government Ethics? The staff of every
senator of both parties? Even the IRS is part of the vetting
process. She was vetted more thoroughly than El Presidente Trump. Why
does every internet ****** think they know more than two branches of
the federal government?

The demonic preschool moral panic of the 80s and 90s was not one of our
brighter episodes, with all of the craziness of the Salem witch trials
and much less excuse. I'm not sure whose job it was to prevent the use
of public money to prosecute nursery school operators for sodomizing
kiddies with butcher knives on the moon, absent any physical evidence
whatsoever, but a voice of reason from somewhere in government would
have been nice.

What actually happened is that a number of those fine, upstanding, law
school graduates siezed on it as an opportunity for advancement. When I
first moved to Massachusetts I was amazed to discover that Scott
Harshbarger, the DA who prosecuted the ridiculous Fells Acres case, was
running for governor. Fortunately he was defeated, but narrowly.

More recently Martha Coakley tried to parlay her experience in witch
hunting into a run for governor. She cut her legal teeth on the Fells
Acres case and continued to work, as AG, to keep Gerald Amirault, a man
convicted in it, behind bars long after it should have become obvious
what lunacy it was. Happily, she lost as well.

Dorothy Rabinowitz blew the crazy prosecution cult wide
open. But not for her it would have never ended.

http://www.famous-trials.com/mcmartin/940-daycareabuse

Justice was never served; innocents were abused down to
death and until today as the wrongs resisted righting.

There's a National Registry of Exonerations at the U of Michigan Law School that makes frightening reading. You can get a sampling by clicking anywhere on this interactive guide:
https://www.law.umich.edu/special/ex...tates-Map.aspx
and find your way from there to deeper discussions.

Every human endeavor has an error rate, and errors are usually determined in hindsight and often after the science has settled. That was the situation in some of the child abuse cases. The prosecutors believed what their experts were telling them, what parents and children were telling them and what the public was demanding. It's not hard to believe that abuse occurs -- the Catholic Church proves the point, and a prosecutor could in good faith purse an abuse case later determined to be a hoax.

You have to differentiate between prosecutions that were mistaken and those that were pursued with knowledge that the defendant was innocent or without regard to guilt or innocence. I think the latter are very, very rare. I've seen plenty of the former in the civil context -- entire waves of lawsuits based on bad science regarding breast implants, EMF, Bendectin, etc..

We can't argue with that. But don't you think that statement isn't a bit idealistic?

Right this minute we can plainly see the Democrats making every possible effort to take away the civil rights of Judge Kavanaugh. We see even Republicans saying that they won't vote for his confirmation unless he allows this.

It's gone through the looking glass. Now, she says she will
speak only some day(s) after he addresses her claim(!) and
only if he's not there.

Only a short step to 'execution first, trial later'

I think you're pretty accurate. And it is shocking that the media can claim otherwise. If they want to play that game let's simply make up charges against every one of the media. Since they are rejecting Constitutional rights exactly how are they going to react when they need those rights themselves?
Old September 21st 18, 09:34 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
AMuzi

jbeattie writes:

[...]

Nancy Pelosi Rule:
Pass on his confirmation now to find our how he views the
law later.

--
Andrew Muzi
www.yellowjersey.org/

Old October 2nd 18, 04:15 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
news18

On Mon, 01 Oct 2018 12:43:31 -0700, sltom992 wrote:

What are these people talking about doing? A reduction of CO2 by
reducing power generation. This will not greatly effect the first world
nor the third world but the majority of people in this world are second
world and reducing power generation there means reducing food production
and heating and air conditioning. This would literally murder millions
of people and you are ready, willing and able to kill people in cold
blood to protect your idea of environmentalism.

Lol, but what a moron you must be. The emphasis is on moving from power
generation that produces CO2 to forms that produce less with an emphasis
on "none". FYI, both China and India are heavily into renewble power
generation.

It is a fundamental of the development of human standards of living is
that involves the use of greater energy to raise that level of living.
but this bit next is drivel.

And this despite all of the data that plainly shows that the Earth was
starving for CO2 and was dying and that burning the stored CO2 in the
form of fossil fuels has greatly increased the health of this planet and
allowed the survival of people whom you think you are smart enough to
tell how they should live their lives.

Utter balderdash. The only beneft of raising global CO2 is possible to
starve morons like yourself as the plants are smart enought to suck up
the extra CO2 and produce less of the forms of energy needed by the human
body. Perhaps you should splice termite genes into yourself as you are
likely to need them.

P.S Fish genes are of no value as that water that is going to flood the
eastern USA is so full of microplastic you'll starve to death with a full
stomach of it. Karma is a bitch.

Old October 2nd 18, 04:17 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
news18

On Mon, 01 Oct 2018 12:17:13 -0700, sltom992 wrote:

Moreover, the same facts were published by the precursor to NOAA in
1905.

Wow, you're really up to date in scientifi matters. Shouldn't you
resatrict your posting to horse-bicycle interations?

Old October 2nd 18, 07:36 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech

On Monday, October 1, 2018 at 8:15:11 PM UTC-7, news18 wrote:
[...]

Microplastic? China turning to "renewable" power? Explain all this to us - what is your credentials for making scientific prognostications?
Old October 3rd 18, 06:08 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
news18

On Tue, 02 Oct 2018 11:36:56 -0700, sltom992 wrote:

P.S Fish genes are of no value as that water that is going to flood the
eastern USA is so full of microplastic you'll starve to death with a
full stomach of it. Karma is a bitch.

Microplastic? China turning to "renewable" power? Explain all this to us
- what is your credentials for making scientific prognostications?

The end result of all that plastic crap that ends up in to ocean is
smaller and smaller bits of plastic. There is no such quality as bio-
degradable. Iit turned out to be faster break down. End result is
basically major patches in the oceans turing into plastic soup.

The micro sized bits of plastic is being ingested into various marine
species where in many cases, it lodges and starves them to death. In the
same way that all foodstuffs now have varying levels of mercury, cadium
etc, you can look forward to future food stuffs coming with a percentage
of 'plastic'. I hope you don't prefer seafood.

Old October 3rd 18, 02:35 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
AMuzi

On 10/3/2018 12:08 AM, news18 wrote:
[...]

Ohferchrissake, try to keep up:

https://www.iflscience.com/environme...p-into-oceans/

Much like the Gulf bacteria and biota which dissipated and
converted the oil:

https://ocean.si.edu/ocean-life/inve...il-after-spill

https://ocean.si.edu/ecosystems/deep...gulf-oil-spill

Old October 3rd 18, 05:17 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech

On Tuesday, October 2, 2018 at 10:08:42 PM UTC-7, news18 wrote:
[...]

My God, do you read the same crap as my brother? That the world is flat and that the Moon Landing never occurred and was shot on a sound stage in Hollywood?

Stay within your F-ing realm of understanding. There are BACTERIA that eat plastic waste. Tell us all about these "marine species" that are dying out because of "plastic lodging" in their digestive tracts apparently?

https://phys.org/news/2016-03-newly-...c-bottles.html

Since one species of bacteria presently consume polyethylene terephthalate there will soon be hundreds of subspecies in every single environment on Earth and not long after that they will be forced to return to glass bottles.

Read ALL of the environmentalist whacko crap you want but don't expect educated people to give you the time of day.
Old October 3rd 18, 05:18 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Frank Krygowski[_4_]

On 10/3/2018 9:35 AM, AMuzi wrote:
[...]

I think your attitude is a bit overoptimistic. Even if some bacteria can
break down plastics, and even if some jellyfish help ameliorate oil
spills, that doesn't mean ocean plastic or oil spills are benign. It
depends heavily on the rate of amelioration vs. the rate of pollutant
injection.

From your first link: "We perhaps shouldn’t rely on these bacteria too
heavily, though ... we are still dumping a horrific amount of plastic
into the oceans at present. Although recycling has its place, things
arguably won’t change until plastic is phased out in favor of
bioplastic, the type that quickly breaks down in any environment after
it has been used."

And from your second link: "Water perturbation and mucus production from
jellyfish won’t clean up oil or stop it from reaching shorelines after a
spill. And jellyfish certainly aren’t immune to oil. (Another study
found the adults of some species are tolerant of oil, while others are
not.)"

For an admittedly extreme analogy: If some passengers on the Titanic had
started bailing water using their teacups, it might have helped to some
small degree. Someone might have been able to write an article saying
"Teacup bailing proven to slow sinking." But it wouldn't have saved that
ship.

--
- Frank Krygowski
Old October 3rd 18, 05:28 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech

On Wednesday, October 3, 2018 at 6:35:47 AM UTC-7, AMuzi wrote:
[...]

Where ever you have energy you will have lifeforms evolving to use that energy. This is the capital reason that we have do damn much natural gas.