Cyclists waste petrol

Old September 23rd 18, 10:56 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling,uk.rec.driving,uk.d-i-y,alt.home.repair
Jimmy Wilkinson Knife[_2_]

Default Cyclists waste petrol

On Sun, 23 Sep 2018 21:34:24 +0100, rbowman wrote:

On 09/23/2018 01:19 PM, Rod Speed wrote:

"rbowman" wrote in message
On 09/23/2018 12:00 PM, Rod Speed wrote:

"Jimmy Wilkinson Knife" wrote in message
news
I prefer to buy old decent cars than new **** cars.

Anyone with even half a clue realises that there are new decent cars
too and that they are a lot less farting around with their very long
warrantys now if you do have a problem.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_zYf9Uw-6Ak

Some of us don't need out number to come in to be able to afford them.
Corse the Phucker is an unemployable pov.

I never won a lottery... Okay, I did once when I was a kid. My father
bought a ticket in my name for a local lottery that paid out $500. I
never saw the money directly.

You mean he stole it from you?

I do things ass backwards. I save my money and when I am able I buy what
I want for cash.

That's the proper way everyone should do things.

I did buy a car on credit once. It was one of those $99
down and 0% deals and it was an effort to improve my credit rating. When
you pay cash for everything you don't have much of a credit rating.

Why do you need a credit rating if you buy everything in cash?

It does screw up car salesmen. They are programmed to tell you about all
the great financing options and they will repeatedly do so even if you
tell them up front it's a cash deal.

I've only three times in my life bought a car from a salesman, the rest were private. And the salesmen were glad to get rid of the cheap tradeins that I was buying. I played hell with one of them because the damn thing had no petrol in it when he sold it. I said I'm walking out the door unless you fill it with fuel. He did.
Old September 23rd 18, 11:19 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling,uk.rec.driving,uk.d-i-y,alt.home.repair
Rod Speed

"Jimmy Wilkinson Knife" wrote in message
news
On Sun, 23 Sep 2018 21:27:35 +0100, rbowman wrote:

On 09/23/2018 01:45 PM, Jimmy Wilkinson Knife wrote:
On Sun, 23 Sep 2018 20:06:46 +0100, rbowman wrote:

On 09/23/2018 09:13 AM, Jimmy Wilkinson Knife wrote:

His kid inherited a taste for Bonnevilles which he couldn't start to
afford. He was always one paycheck away from destitution.

Isn't everyone?

Er, no.

Most are. 5% of the population have 95% of the money, or some figures
close to that.

Many are ****ing idiots that are living beyond their means.

50% of most people's outgoings are their mortgage.

Its nothing like that simple.

Land is too damn expensive, because we're vastly overpopulated.

No, because you lot are stupid about what
you allow to be done with land building wise.

We're not actually buying anything real, just the right to use a bit of
land.

Still real.

Old September 23rd 18, 11:23 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling,uk.rec.driving,uk.d-i-y,alt.home.repair
Rod Speed

"rbowman" wrote in message
On 09/23/2018 12:00 PM, Rod Speed wrote:

"Jimmy Wilkinson Knife" wrote in message
news
I prefer to buy old decent cars than new **** cars.

Anyone with even half a clue realises that there are new decent cars
too and that they are a lot less farting around with their very long
warrantys now if you do have a problem.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_zYf9Uw-6Ak

Some of us don't need out number to come in to be able to afford them.
Corse the Phucker is an unemployable pov.

I never won a lottery... Okay, I did once when I was a kid. My father
bought a ticket in my name for a local lottery that paid out $500. I
never saw the money directly.

You mean he stole it from you?

I do things ass backwards. I save my money and when I am able I buy what
I want for cash.

That's the proper way everyone should do things.

It just isnt feasible with houses.

And particularly if you need a car to get to and home from
work, it isnt necessarily the only viable approach either. It
can make sense to use other than cash to be able to work
sooner or to do a better paid job.

Old September 23rd 18, 11:52 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling,uk.rec.driving,uk.d-i-y,alt.home.repair
soup[_8_]

On 16/09/2018 20:17, Rod Speed wrote:

Because even deserts get rain.
https://www.ancient-origins.es/sites...ustralia-1.jpg

Some deserts even get snow.

https://www.universetoday.com/27064/...sert-on-earth/

Old September 24th 18, 04:16 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling,uk.rec.driving,uk.d-i-y,alt.home.repair
rbowman[_2_]

On 09/23/2018 03:52 PM, Jimmy Wilkinson Knife wrote:
On Sun, 23 Sep 2018 21:27:35 +0100, rbowman wrote:

On 09/23/2018 01:45 PM, Jimmy Wilkinson Knife wrote:
On Sun, 23 Sep 2018 20:06:46 +0100, rbowman wrote:

On 09/23/2018 09:13 AM, Jimmy Wilkinson Knife wrote:

His kid inherited a taste for Bonnevilles which he couldn't start to
afford. He was always one paycheck away from destitution.

Isn't everyone?

Er, no.

Most are. 5% of the population have 95% of the money, or some figures
close to that.

Many are ****ing idiots that are living beyond their means.

50% of most people's outgoings are their mortgage. Land is too damn
expensive, because we're vastly overpopulated. We're not actually
buying anything real, just the right to use a bit of land.

Did anyone have a gun at their head to force them to buy a house they
can't afford?
Old September 24th 18, 04:19 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling,uk.rec.driving,uk.d-i-y,alt.home.repair
rbowman[_2_]

On 09/23/2018 02:58 PM, Rod Speed wrote:

When you pay cash for everything you don't have much of a credit rating.

We don't need one.

Not having a credit card in the US is a major pain in the ass. Mine are
paid in full every month but they're still necessary. Try getting a
motel room with a handful of cash.
Old September 24th 18, 04:23 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling,uk.rec.driving,uk.d-i-y,alt.home.repair
Rod Speed

"rbowman" wrote in message
On 09/23/2018 02:58 PM, Rod Speed wrote:

When you pay cash for everything you don't have much of a credit rating.

We don't need one.

Not having a credit card in the US is a major pain in the ass.

Yes. But it isnt here.

Mine are paid in full every month

Mine too.

but they're still necessary.

Not necessary here, but convenient.

Try getting a motel room with a handful of cash.

Debit cards work fine for that here. No credit rating
needed to get one. No credit rating to get a credit
card here either, just a statement of your income etc.
They do check if you have defaults, but there is no
problem if you don't have any defaults.

Old September 24th 18, 04:26 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling,uk.rec.driving,uk.d-i-y,alt.home.repair
rbowman[_2_]

On 09/23/2018 03:56 PM, Jimmy Wilkinson Knife wrote:
On Sun, 23 Sep 2018 21:34:24 +0100, rbowman wrote:

I never won a lottery... Okay, I did once when I was a kid. My father
bought a ticket in my name for a local lottery that paid out $500. I
never saw the money directly.

You mean he stole it from you?

It went into the family kitty.

Why do you need a credit rating if you buy everything in cash?

Credit cards. Try getting a hotel room, renting a car, and so forth
without one. They are also handy at the gas pump although I did see one
yesterday that accepted cash. It didn't make change though so if you put
in $20 and only could pump in $18.57 worth of gas you had to go inside.

Credit card gas pumps were a great innovation. It used to be if the gas
station closed when the sun went down you were screwed. I've slept in
the car a couple of times waiting for someone to open up.

Old September 24th 18, 05:32 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling,uk.rec.driving,uk.d-i-y,alt.home.repair
Rod Speed

rbowman wrote
Jimmy Wilkinson Knife wrote
rbowman wrote

Why do you need a credit rating if you buy everything in cash?

Credit cards. Try getting a hotel room,
renting a car, and so forth without one.

Works fine there and here with debit cards.

I only changed to using a credit card for all but backup
for when I hadn't managed to ensure I had enough cash in
the accounts with debit card to pay for some transaction,
because its easier to have the card automatically paid
off in full every month from the account where I keep
the bulk of my cash, where it earns the highest interest.

They are also handy at the gas pump

Debit cards work fine there.

although I did see one yesterday that accepted cash. It
didn't make change though so if you put in $20 and only
could pump in $18.57 worth of gas you had to go inside.

Our pumps allow you to specify how much you
want to pay and deliver that amount of petrol.

Credit card gas pumps were a great innovation. It used to be if the
gas station closed when the sun went down you were screwed. I've
slept in the car a couple of times waiting for someone to open up.

Yes, but they work just as well with debit cards.
Old September 24th 18, 11:51 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling,uk.rec.driving,uk.d-i-y,alt.home.repair
devnull[_2_]

On 09/23/2018 05:52 PM, Jimmy Wilkinson Knife wrote:
50% of most people's outgoings are their mortgage.* Land is too damn
expensive, because we're vastly overpopulated.* We're not actually
buying anything real, just the right to use a bit of land.

..

Property taxes are collected from working taxpayer citizens so the
democrats can give it to their lazy constituents.

This is what cyclists waste tax payers' money on James Wilkinson Sword[_4_] UK 123 February 12th 17 11:08 PM
Another waste of effort Mrcheerful[_2_] UK 2 September 21st 11 09:56 AM
So here is some total waste Anton Berlin Racing 6 August 4th 09 05:05 AM
Wot a waste [email protected] UK 11 February 28th 08 09:24 AM
Probably a waste of my time but its my time to waste Jeff Grippe Recumbent Biking 78 January 18th 07 12:30 AM