Trials movie: My Thanksgiving in Cal Poly

Old November 30th 03, 05:36 AM
Jester2000

Default Trials movie: My Thanksgiving in Cal Poly

This Thanksgiving my parents and I went to San Louis Obispo to visit my
sister who goes to Cal Poly. (San Louis Obispo, or SLO, is about 3
hours away from Santa Cruz, CA) (Cal Poly is an awesome California
state college.) So of course I brought along my Summit. On
Thanksgiving day we went to Pismo beach, and I talked my dad and sister
into taping me ride. The next day I begged my sister to tape me riding
on Cal Poly's campus. She finally gave in. Unfortunately, I broke my
KH Saddle:

One of the nuts on my KH saddle has been broken off for a few days, and
after bailing out of a 180 off a 4 foot drop, One of the other bolts
ripped through the plastic, and now the saddle is basically useless.
With 2 nuts still attached, I continued riding (no pun intended.
really.). There's footage of the saddle breaking in the movie. When I
got home today, I edited the clips into a nice little 3 minute movie
called:

::Cal Poly Unicycling!::
It's in the WMV format, and it's only 6 megabytes!!

So to satisfy your inner hunger to watch some unicycling, click this
link:

The music is by Restraint, who is not copyrighted or anything! (I'm
friends with the singer (although the song in this movie has no vocals
(three parenthesis are wierder than double))).

-Jess

--
Jester2000 - http://www.jester.tk

'[image:
http://jester2000.unicyclist.com/~jester2000/images/jester_trans_green.gif]'
(http://www.jester.tk)
Check out my website :-)
'Unicycle Jester' (http://www.jester.tk)
Jester2000's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/3662

Old November 30th 03, 08:08 AM
XWonka

Wow... that's some pretty good riding... I still can't get that high a
rolling hop.... but i'm getting there by god... i'm getting there.

Really sweet movie. Keeping that in the file.

--
XWonka - thought that blonde Lois was hotter

"He is after all a unicyclist and therefore better than any other
citizen." -Murde Mental on respecting fellow forumists.
XWonka's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/3957

Old November 30th 03, 03:02 PM
TheObieOne3226

that was refreshing. your vid was cool. nice riding. but is all that
blood on your ankles in that pic in your gallery just from the nubs on
your summit's cranks? ouch...

--
TheObieOne3226 - Extreme Halfb*ker

Muah!

Old December 1st 03, 02:02 AM
cjd

Great vid. That drop where you broke your seat looked like it hurt.

I went to Cal Poly (Math, 1990), so it was nice to see the place
(haven't been there in ages).

My KH seat has been on 3 bolts since BMW ... I don't ride trials, so I'm
hoping that critical front bolt will live a while yet. It's too bad such
a great seat is let down by some weak components (tho I understand the
later revisions are better).

--
cjd - chris dalton
cjd's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/3965

Old December 1st 03, 11:21 AM
joe

Cool video!

Grrr! But it has made me want to go out and do some trials... and its
raining outside!

I'm going to pick my MUni up in an hour - it was getting the brake hose
shortened at LBS (i'd rather pay them to do it and get it right, then
for me to do it and get it wrong). Then I'll go for a Muni in the
mud....

Back to the video: I'd like to see some more of your movies... they are
cool, and well edited! Well done!

Joe,

--
joe - Using the brake in anger!!

www.cool.unicyclist.com
joe's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/957

Advanced Trials techniques m_extreme_uni Unicycling 15 July 2nd 04 09:11 AM
2004 Ontario Trials Tour (Ryan Atkins' "BOOM BOOM shizniddlebam gap-jam") m_extreme_uni Unicycling 11 November 25th 03 03:26 PM
Cheap Trials Uni XWonka Unicycling 18 November 14th 03 07:43 AM
Armstrong's Tour De France Time Trials Rik O'Shea Racing 33 November 6th 03 03:46 AM
Trials Tire assistance? Logan_A. Unicycling 2 November 5th 03 02:03 AM