"just arrived: fresh new products from Shimano"

Old March 21st 05, 06:09 AM
Alstead

Default "just arrived: fresh new products from Shimano"

Apparently $himano is diversifying beyond bicycles, fishing reels, etc.

"Make Longer Long-Distance Calls" :

http://bike.shimano.com/publish/cont...s/another.html

http://bike.shimano.com/publish/cont...cts/radio.html

http://bike.shimano.com/publish/cont.../products.html

Old March 21st 05, 06:21 AM
Alstead

I've always found "dummy text" amusing, but this is killer

"This dreambox allows your shapes to reach optimum texture, while
staying crisp and clear! "

Werehatrack, of course, you're right on about the provenance of these
gems.

Old March 21st 05, 06:24 AM
Werehatrack

On 20 Mar 2005 21:09:28 -0800, "Alstead" may have
said:

Apparently $himano is diversifying beyond bicycles, fishing reels, etc.

"Make Longer Long-Distance Calls" :

http://bike.shimano.com/publish/cont...s/another.html

http://bike.shimano.com/publish/cont...cts/radio.html

http://bike.shimano.com/publish/cont.../products.html

Something tells me that the folks at Communique were the ones that
Shimano hired to do their site development, and they left a few cookie
crumbs laying around when they were done.

Old March 21st 05, 08:24 AM
Francesco Devittori

Alstead wrote:
Apparently $himano is diversifying beyond bicycles, fishing reels, etc.

"Make Longer Long-Distance Calls" :

http://bike.shimano.com/publish/cont...s/another.html

And it has the same look of the R215 shoes too!

Francesco
Old March 21st 05, 10:02 AM
Jim Smith

"Alstead" writes:

I've always found "dummy text" amusing, but this is killer

"This dreambox allows your shapes to reach optimum texture, while
staying crisp and clear! "

From the art gallery:

"The reptile like skin of the Army Greens provide an optimal source
for generating energy."

Old March 21st 05, 03:01 PM
RonSonic

On 20 Mar 2005 21:09:28 -0800, "Alstead" wrote:

Apparently $himano is diversifying beyond bicycles, fishing reels, etc.

"Make Longer Long-Distance Calls" :

http://bike.shimano.com/publish/cont...s/another.html

http://bike.shimano.com/publish/cont...cts/radio.html

http://bike.shimano.com/publish/cont.../products.html

Hey, check out their personnel:
http://bike.shimano.com/publish/cont...en/people.html

Fun stuff.

Ron

Old March 21st 05, 04:31 PM
Alstead

I wanna work there! Where's the "Careers at Geometrixx, a wholly owned
division of Shimano" page?

Old March 21st 05, 08:24 PM
Matt O'Toole

Alstead wrote:

Apparently $himano is diversifying beyond bicycles, fishing reels,
etc.

Shimano has been as dominant in the fishing reel market as the bicycle market.

Matt O.

Old March 21st 05, 11:22 PM
Phil, Squid-in-Training

Matt O'Toole wrote:
Alstead wrote:

Apparently $himano is diversifying beyond bicycles, fishing reels,
etc.

Shimano has been as dominant in the fishing reel market as the
bicycle market.

Isn't a fishing reel just an oversize RapidFire shifter, in a sense?

--
Phil, Squid-in-Training

Old March 22nd 05, 08:32 PM
Matt O'Toole

Phil, Squid-in-Training wrote:

Isn't a fishing reel just an oversize RapidFire shifter, in a sense?

I guess. Or a ratchet hub. Or an internally geared hub, for that matter.

Someone from Shimano once told me that their Shimano branded grease, which comes
in hubs at the factory, is probably the best you'll ever find for bicycle parts.
This is because it was developed for sal****er fishing reels. It doesn't
separate or become gummy, redistributes itself easily, yet resists being washed
out. Shimano paid some oil company a lot of money to develop it. Fishin' reels
is big bidness.

Not that any other grease doesn't work fine, but for the obsessive among us...

Matt O.