The motoring lobby

Old March 22nd 09, 06:48 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Just zis Guy, you know?[_2_]

Default The motoring lobby

On Sun, 22 Mar 2009 18:05:56 +0000, Roger Thorpe
said in
:

Or shall I save us both time by admitting that I jumped onto a common
error by "_" that I would normally ignore in others because I find
myself irritated by the nasty, bullying little tit.

Are you sure there is only one "_"? Half its posts fall into my
killfile via regex filter, the other half doesn't. I suspect there
are two of them, one being nully. Not that I care enough to work
hard finding out.

Guy
--
http://www.chapmancentral.co.uk/urc

simple, neat and wrong" - HL Mencken

Contents packed by intellectual weight and may settle
after posting. May contain traces of irony.
Old March 22nd 09, 07:08 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
judith smith

On Sun, 22 Mar 2009 18:48:30 +0000, "Just zis Guy, you know?"
wrote:

On Sun, 22 Mar 2009 18:05:56 +0000, Roger Thorpe
said in
:

Or shall I save us both time by admitting that I jumped onto a common
error by "_" that I would normally ignore in others because I find
myself irritated by the nasty, bullying little tit.

Are you sure there is only one "_"? Half its posts fall into my
killfile via regex filter, the other half doesn't. I suspect there
are two of them, one being nully. Not that I care enough to work
hard finding out.

Guy

"Not that I care enough to work hard finding out."

Come now - aren't you a thought leader on IT matters - is just setting
the time (zone) of your machines that you struggle with.

(Oh - and spotting bus lane signs)
--

Did you know:

Over two thirds (69%) of people say they cycle less than once a year
or never. (DfT)

Old March 22nd 09, 07:28 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Nuxx Bar

So it's not really about how great "the law" is at all, you just use
that line when it suits you as just another way of getting at
motorists for "thinking they own the road".

You've got real issues.

On Mar 21, 10:46*pm, "Brian Robertson" wrote:
But that's different. Motorists think they own and road and cyclists SHOULD
own the road, and I'm probably drunk when I do it anyway, so it doesn't
count ;-)

"Adam Lea" wrote in message

Brian Robertson wrote:
Well, yes, this is what I can't understand about motorists. When I
drive cars I simply don't break the law. If I can't park somewhere, I
don't even stop. It doesn't matter if I consider it safe to do so.
It's illegal.

Aren't you the same guy who freely admits to cycling through red lights?

Old March 22nd 09, 07:32 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling,uk.transport
Nuxx Bar

On Mar 21, 10:00*pm, "Brian Robertson" wrote:
I thought you would realise that you were losing eventually. lol

Glug, does your management actually know about your history? How do
you think they would view some of your posts on here (even in this
thread alone)? You wouldn't mind me having a word with them would
you? Which bus company do you work for? Come now, wouldn't want to
be branded a "coward", would you?
Old March 22nd 09, 07:35 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Nuxx Bar

On Mar 22, 7:58*am, "Just zis Guy, you know?"
wrote:
And higher levels of actual (rather than self-perceived) skill may
make things worse - a study of trained race drivers in the US showed
a significantly higher than average collision rate due to a higher
tolerance for risk.

Ah yes, a perfect excuse for viewing motoring negatively, as something
that must be subject to enforcement and restriction rather than a
positive skill. So it's no surprise at all that a pompous car-hating
**** like you would come up with it.
Old March 22nd 09, 07:36 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Nuxx Bar

On Mar 22, 11:32*am, Judith Smith wrote:
On Sun, 22 Mar 2009 07:58:51 +0000, "Just zis Guy, you know?"

wrote:
On Sat, 21 Mar 2009 23:06:30 +0000, Phil the Farmer
said in
:

Half of road users are worse than average drivers.
Not necessarily - it depends on how quality of driving is evaluated.

True. *If you ask the drivers themselves, 85% of them think they are
above average

It is quite different when you consider intellectual capability.

I understand that it is only a very small percentage who, when asked
about themselves, would answer:

"I *am considered to be a thought-leader on this subject".

But then - there is always one: the ****wit Chapman.

....who of course also considers himself to be way above average in
terms of intellect. Look at the sneering disdain he has for almost
everyone here.
Old March 22nd 09, 07:37 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Roger Merriman

Brian Robertson wrote:

Has anybody ever noticed that the motoring lobby are cowardly scum bags who
never use their real name when abusing people on usenet?

I was wondering why this is. I have concluded that they are so used to
getting points on their licences everytime they have to give their names
normally that they avoid doing so at other times.

True or false?

if you want to bitch about uk.transport why not do it there? this has
naff all about cycling.

roger
--
www.rogermerriman.com
Old March 22nd 09, 07:40 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
_[_9_]

Roger Thorpe wrote:
Ian Smith wrote:
On Sun, 22 Mar, Roger Thorpe wrote:
_ wrote:

Half of road users are worse than average drivers.
Not necessarily. Please learn something about statistics.
what is the average of these numbers and how many are lower than the
average?
3, 3, 4, 4, 11.

You presumably have some evidence for believing that driver ability is
a significantly asymmetrical distribution?

regards, Ian SMith

No, but I don't need to, because I wrote that it was not *necessarily* so.
Can you prove that it is perfectly symmetrical.

Or shall I save us both time by admitting that I jumped onto a common
error by "_" that I would normally ignore in others because I find
myself irritated by the nasty, bullying little tit.

I dont think its so much "a common error" as "a common saying" - I
reckon most who've used it are aware that its in most cases not correct.
Still, I'm sure it made you feel superior for a moment or so. Oh, by
the way, I find many of your views nasty and offensive too. Does that
make you a tit?
Old March 22nd 09, 07:43 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Nuxx Bar

wrote:
On Sun, 22 Mar 2009 18:05:56 +0000, Roger Thorpe
said in
:

Or shall I save us both time by admitting that I jumped onto a common
error by "_" that I would normally ignore in others because I find
myself irritated by the nasty, bullying little tit.

Are you sure there is only one "_"? *Half its posts fall into my
killfile via regex filter, the other half doesn't. *I suspect there
are two of them, one being nully. *Not that I care enough to work
hard finding out.

Guy

"Not that I care enough to work hard finding out."

Come now - aren't you a thought leader on IT matters - is just setting
the time (zone) of your machines that you struggle with.

*(Oh - and spotting bus lane signs)

Maybe he spotted it, but thought that his suspiciously cosy
"arrangement" with the authorities would mean no PCN. At least now he
knows that councils care nothing about such arrangements and will
fleece *any* motorist, no matter how "important" they are. Still, at
least he knows that he'll still always be able to get the police to
come out straight away in the small hours, no matter how trivial and
bogus his complaint is.

About the only time when I'm glad of someone getting a money-making
PCN from a council is when the "someone" is a motorist-hating ******
who vocally supports such anti-motorist measures. So I'm absolutely
delirious with delight in this case. Of course, only Crapman knows
whether he was enough of a hypocritical arsehole to go onto PePiPoo
and try to find a way out of paying the PCN. I should think the odds
of that are pretty short.

Old March 22nd 09, 07:47 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Nuxx Bar

On Mar 21, 8:15*pm, "Brian Robertson" wrote:
That is the easiest thing in the world to do. I don't doubt that if I drove
a car, I would find myself floating into bus lanes when not allowed to do
so.

Then you're a ****, dangerous driver along with Crapman. I've never
"floated" into any lane inadvertantly.

On the other hand, if some of the bus lanes where you are are as stupid as
some of them in Greater Manchester, we should organise a campaign of mass
disobedience anyway!

Correct. Funny how you only show any sympathy for drivers when the
driver happens to be another (hypocritical) motorist-hater like you.
If a non-car-hater had been caught in a bus lane then you would have
said "Serves you right, you shouldn't have been there, bus lanes are
there for a reason, pay up, [I hate motorists, I hate motorists...]".

Mountain Bikers Lobby to Get Bikes Allowed in Wilderness! Mike Vandeman Mountain Biking 103 April 11th 08 10:31 PM
Mountain Bikers Lobby to Get Bikes Allowed in Wilderness! Mike Vandeman Social Issues 100 April 11th 08 10:31 PM
THE ISRAEL LOBBY (AIPAC) - A DANGER TO THE WORLD The suppressed number ONE blockbuster of Google's 'Movers and Shakers' list. [email protected] Australia 0 September 12th 07 05:24 PM
the future of motoring thrawn UK 2 September 1st 06 11:00 PM
Motoring and trolls Simon Brooke UK 84 December 20th 05 06:27 PM