Update

Old November 13th 10, 04:25 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Guy Chapman[_2_]

Default Update

Well I am back safe and sound! Apologies to those who already know
eg if you are of the many who have been following me on Twitter, I
have been in SF (that’s San Francisco for those of you who don’t
know :-) for a few days with work. However, I must admit the trip was
not uneventful. The first disappointment was to find that I had not
been booked in as a Business Class passenger – which is of course what
I am used to. I think the secretary at work must have made a mistake
because I’m sure that someone on my salary is actually entitled to
Business Class. Then, of course, yet another minor inconvenience when
I arrived at SFO – there was no car waiting for me!! Fortunately I had
had the fore-sight to pack the Brompton (£1750 well spent if ever it
was) as hold luggage - so given that I had only packed a large
rucksack as hand-luggage – there was no real problem. The hotel was
28.3 miles away from the airport – but I managed to cover it in just
short of three hours (2 hour 53 mins 15 secs). I don’t know where I’d
be without my top of the range Velomann 31 function ride computer –
and an added bonus is that of course it gives seep comparison to
average speed/current speed). I think my father (Dad – as we called
him) – knew the man who invented it; in fact I think he probably
helped him with the design of it.

Anyway – the hotel!! I arrived at the Conference Hotel – to find that
I was not actually booked in there – but was just round the corner in
something which was very unsatisfactory; - enough said. Well I knew
that my meals were included in the conference fees – but I had no idea
that I had been booked in the “lower delegate rate” and hence I had to
take them at Mary’s Diner next to my “hotel” which was not exactly
ideal.

I’m not going to cover the conference in much detail – as there isn’t
much to say. I was pretty sure that I had been booked in to actually
speak – but it appeared not. I actually found it quite hard to be
heard on the fifteen occasions when I asked (or tried to ask)
questions from my pre-allocated seat. There were of course
microphones – but the cables just didn’t reach to the last two rows of
the auditorium.

The only other thing worth reporting was the social function on the
Thursday night. I had assumed that drinks would be free so hadn’t
taken many dollars with me. (I always try to change the absolute
minimum in case I lose out when I change them back to GBP). Well they
weren’t free – and let me tell you they were quite expensive. I
managed to tag on to a group of other delegates and managed to get
away without buying a round I was surprised that no-one seemed to
know who I was - one person remembered me from a previous conference
– I am not sure why – but he was aware of my entry on Encyclopaedia
Dramatica – so I think we’ll let that go.

Anyway – all in all it was quite pleasant.

On a different note – I am going to have a go at “Cloud Computing”.
Apparently if you have an IPhone – you can register with Voucher
Cloud – and that is all there is to it.

Don’t forget to follow me on Twitter:– and I’ll keep all my followers
up to date.

Tweet Tweet.

- --
Guy Chapman
http://www.chapmancentral.co.uk
The usenet price promise: all opinions are guaranteed
to be worth at least what you paid for them.
PGP public ket at http://www.chapmancentral.co.uk/pgp-public.key
Old November 13th 10, 05:14 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Trevor A Panther[_3_]

Oh I do so wish this was real!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

but without wating time to try and find out who did it, may I say that it
was quite a succint (but abherent) appraisal of the perceived online profile
of "Just-zis-Guy ( sic) who is such an infuriatingly pompous ass encase
inhis own impervious shell of righteousness.
"Guy Chapman" wrote in message

[...]

Forgive my inadequate and silly attempt at derision but I read this post
with an increasing amusement

Whoever posted it

Thanks! It is funny! and also quite to the point -- very nice!

--
From
Trevor A Panther

Old November 13th 10, 11:52 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Just zis Guy, you know?[_33_]

Old November 14th 10, 12:27 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
PhilO

I think this could be a clever double bluff to make Judith look silly.
She did recently make fun of those trying to protect themselves from
forgeries by using PGP
http://groups.google.com/group/uk.re...2a4c6c1cc71d11

But thinking again, nobody needs to go to that much effort, she
manages to make herself look stupid all by herself.

PhilO
Old November 14th 10, 12:35 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Just zis Guy, you know?[_33_]

Old November 14th 10, 07:08 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Tony Raven[_3_]

Old November 14th 10, 10:33 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Derek C

On Nov 14, 8:35*am, "Just zis Guy, you know?"
wrote:

I am calm. I spent yesterday singing Gesualdo, Schtz and Schein and
renewed the acquaintance of someone I haven't seen for over twenty years.

Would that be another famous person who nobody has ever heard of then?
I note from his profile that one of newsgroups to which Guy
contributes is uk.rec.sheds, which says it all really.

Derek C
Old November 14th 10, 10:43 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling,uk.rec.sheds,uk.net.news.moderation
JMS

On Sat, 13 Nov 2010 23:52:02 +0000, "Just zis Guy, you know?"
wrote:

Silly forger. SF was months ago (VMworld). Then there was Amsterdam, New
Yorkl, Frankfurt and Paris. Rome next. And even the CEO of Intel flies
coach. Maybe when the forger gets a proper job he'll find that out.

Absolutely priceless - the OP could not have put it better if they had
tried.

--

"I have never said that I encourage my children to wear helmets. I would challenge judith
to find the place where I said I encourage my children to wear helmets." Guy Chapman

Old November 14th 10, 10:46 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
JMS

On Sun, 14 Nov 2010 08:35:45 +0000, "Just zis Guy, you know?"
wrote:

On 14/11/2010 08:07, Tosspot wrote:
On 13/11/10 23:52, Just zis Guy, you know? wrote:

Silly forger. SF was months ago (VMworld). Then there was Amsterdam, New
Yorkl, Frankfurt and Paris. Rome next. And even the CEO of Intel flies
coach. Maybe when the forger gets a proper job he'll find that out.

Calm down, it was quite humorous, and anyway imitation is the best form
of flattery... :-)

I am calm. I spent yesterday singing Gesualdo, Schtz and Schein and
renewed the acquaintance of someone I haven't seen for over twenty years.

Excellent.

Now I wonder why you should have to say "I am calm"

Was this acquaintance someone famous?

Perhaps an update on the webpage is required.

An update... Tulsa Unicycling 3 October 6th 08 04:19 PM
(OT) Car Update: Shaun aRe Mountain Biking 5 January 19th 05 02:11 PM
update paul jaudon Marketplace 2 November 12th 04 04:27 PM
10 on 7 update anybody? Bruce Lange Techniques 0 August 15th 04 01:37 AM
update wim Mountain Biking 1 July 1st 04 10:23 PM