Are these yellow bikes the Google corporate freebie?

Old June 22nd 18, 01:29 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Andre Jute[_2_]

Default Are these yellow bikes the Google corporate freebie?

Never mind the article -- everyone who knows anything worth knowing already knows that a Hauwei phone in your pocket is a Chinese Commie Spy in your pocket. Instead, check out the yellow mixte frames on the bikes coming out of Google Copyright Thieving* HQ: https://www.nationalreview.com/corne...onal-security/
Are they the Google bikes Scharfie mentioned a few months ago? If so, that yellow is a very sensible color for a rentabike or freebie bike or whatever it is. That's a super-visible color. My Porsche used to be that color, and the insurance company used to give me a discount for it.

Andre Jute
*Nothing to do with Hauwei phones spying on you, but with Google's attempt, in conjunction with American universities who should have known better even if the congenital thieves on Google's Board didn't, to steal the copyright of every author in the world, to which a judge eventually put an end, with some harsh words for Google. It was not enough: he should have sent the *******s to jail for conspiracy against the common weal.
Old June 22nd 18, 01:28 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
AMuzi

On 6/21/2018 7:29 PM, Andre Jute wrote:
[...]

Not only the Chinese intelligence services:

https://www.theregister.co.uk/2018/0...s_phone_users/

While one may or may not have sympathy for associates of
convicted criminals, the wider ramifications should be obvious.

--
Andrew Muzi
www.yellowjersey.org/

Old June 22nd 18, 08:44 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Andre Jute[_2_]

On Friday, June 22, 2018 at 1:28:21 PM UTC+1, AMuzi wrote:
[...]

I take the view that liberty is indivisible, and the sharp point of the upside down pyramid of liberty on which everything else rests is freedom of speech, because in its absence all other freedoms are worthless. Even convicted crime -- and of course their associates -- must have freedom of speech, and that must include privacy. That is one of the underlying motivations for the tradition of attorney-client privilege. (For those who don't know: attorney-client privilege, and an attorney's duty to his client, stops rather abruptly when the consultation in fact becomes a criminal conspiracy; the attorney is an officer of the court and can be jailed for not telling the authorities that his client is planning a crime. If he does, though, his Bar Council may disbar him...) Unless there is prior irrefutable evidence of a crime in progress, it would be pretty hard to prove a good reason to listen in on attorney-client consultations; it can't be a fishing expedition.

In France, which has very few libel suits because the privacy laws are so strong, these telecoms chancers would have been in jail long ago.
Old June 23rd 18, 02:03 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
SMS

On 6/22/2018 5:28 AM, AMuzi wrote:
On 6/21/2018 7:29 PM, Andre Jute wrote:
Never mind the article -- everyone who knows anything worth knowing
already knows that a Hauwei phone in your pocket is a Chinese Commie
Spy in your pocket. Instead, check out the yellow mixte frames on the
bikes coming out of Google Copyright Thieving* HQ:

snip

Corporate Bicycles: http://oi66.tinypic.com/of84ch.jpg
Old June 23rd 18, 03:28 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
SMS

On 6/22/2018 6:03 PM, sms wrote:
On 6/22/2018 5:28 AM, AMuzi wrote:
On 6/21/2018 7:29 PM, Andre Jute wrote:
Never mind the article -- everyone who knows anything worth knowing
already knows that a Hauwei phone in your pocket is a Chinese Commie
Spy in your pocket. Instead, check out the yellow mixte frames on the
bikes coming out of Google Copyright Thieving* HQ:

snip

Corporate Bicycles: http://oi66.tinypic.com/of84ch.jpg

The Google bikes are not Mixte. The Apple bikes are Mixte. They Apple
bikes are made by Public Bikes in San Francisco.
Old June 23rd 18, 09:36 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Andre Jute[_2_]

On Saturday, June 23, 2018 at 3:28:07 AM UTC+1, sms wrote:
On 6/22/2018 6:03 PM, sms wrote:
On 6/22/2018 5:28 AM, AMuzi wrote:
On 6/21/2018 7:29 PM, Andre Jute wrote:
Never mind the article -- everyone who knows anything worth knowing
already knows that a Hauwei phone in your pocket is a Chinese Commie
Spy in your pocket. Instead, check out the yellow mixte frames on the
bikes coming out of Google Copyright Thieving* HQ:

snip

Corporate Bicycles: http://oi66.tinypic.com/of84ch.jpg

The Google bikes are not Mixte. The Apple bikes are Mixte. They Apple
bikes are made by Public Bikes in San Francisco.

Thanks. I see it now that you've provided a clear photograph without someone's legs in the way.

The Apple bike is lot more butch than the Google one. I wonder if it an indicative difference...

Do I take it that you consider as a mixte only a bike with bifurcated rails running straight from the head tube to the rear dropout? I'd be tempted to agree with you, though I'd cut Google a tiny amount of slack in the light of Paramount mendaciously describing their ladies parallelogram frame as a mixte. I dealt with this lie at https://groups.google.com/forum/#!searchin/rec.bicycles.tech/paramount$20mixte|sort:date/rec.bicycles.tech/LqY0UpZTIP0/KW_fz6H3sbQJ

Declaration of interest, for the mouthfoamers: My everyday bike has bifurcated rails in profile straight from the headset to the rear axle-carrier attachment points (a proper Rohloff installation doesn't actually carry the hub axle in the frame but in a frame-hung plate that slides in a channel as a chain tightening device -- only conversions of derailleur bikes require a chain tensioning device and a torque reaction arm, both being built into the sliding plate); it's technically a crossframe. In any event, if I'm right about Scharfie's intention, the fact that the bifurcated diagonal rails on my Kranich are twice laterally bent, once to allow space for your knees, and once to get around the design imperative of 60mm balloons with mudguard space, in each case with their crossbraces forming stiffening triangles, will remove it from the Scharf Classification of Mixte Bicycles*.

Andre Jute
*And if that capitalized elevation to authority status of the hated Scharf doesn't give some resident clowns apoplexy, I'll try again another day
Old June 23rd 18, 02:29 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Emanuel Berg[_2_]

sms wrote:

The Google bikes are not Mixte. The Apple
bikes are Mixte. They Apple bikes are made by
Public Bikes in San Francisco.

Steve Jobs once suggested Apple be renamed
"bicycle". But no one around him thought it
a good idea and he didn't bring it up
a second time.

I love Mixtes by the way. Here are two [1] (the
black one is also a Mixte). The red one is
"open"

[1] http://user.it.uu.se/~embe8573/bike/photos/inne.jpg

--
underground experts united
http://user.it.uu.se/~embe8573
Old June 23rd 18, 06:19 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Emanuel Berg[_2_]

Frank Krygowski wrote:

You seem to require twin top tubes to qualify
as a mixte.

Isn't that the definition?

I'd base my decision on whether it had the
extra set of stays connecting the seat tube
to the rear dropouts.

Is that a common design? Here mixtes (twin top
tubes) are very common but I don't think I've
seen that.

Old June 25th 18, 09:13 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
SMS

On 6/23/2018 6:29 AM, Emanuel Berg wrote:
sms wrote:

The Google bikes are not Mixte. The Apple
bikes are Mixte. They Apple bikes are made by
Public Bikes in San Francisco.

Steve Jobs once suggested Apple be renamed
"bicycle". But no one around him thought it
a good idea and he didn't bring it up
a second time.

Hmm, I think that they could successfully market an electric iBike. They
would have the legitimacy to sell such a consumer electronic product and
a dealer network that could support it. I think some of the e-Bike
hesitancy is that so much is proprietary with no assurance that parts
will be available in the future. The margins on e-Bikes are the kind
that Apple likes--high! They could make them such that an iPhone is
required to unlock it and to control it--Android phone owners would be
out of luck. I'll give Tim a call and suggest it.

I was inside the new Apple "spaceship" last week for a meeting. I asked
if they allowed bicycles inside to ride around the ring, alas no, though
on the first floor it could work. There were hundreds of Apple bikes
parked outside, actually probably more than a thousand. They are used a
lot on campus to go between the big parking garages that are up against
I-280, and the "spaceship."

They did such an awesome job on that campus compared to the old HP
campus that was there before, and had vast surface parking lots.
Everything inside is high-end materials, but not gaudy, it's all
understated and minimalist, and very energy efficient.

I see stolen Apple bicycles a lot. One guy was on the train with one,
without a ticket, and got removed from the train for fare evasion. Saw
two kids riding them on Saturday. They have no locks and no GPS. I guess
the cost is not so high that they are worth securing or keeping track of.

Peloton given time penalty freebie Choppy Warburton Racing 5 July 22nd 11 11:33 PM
GOOGLE MONEY Earn BILLIONS through GOOGLE Without Investment addy General 0 November 24th 07 07:14 AM
Google bikes tony[_2_] UK 21 March 26th 07 09:52 AM
Freebie: Bike Bag Steve UK 0 April 20th 06 08:46 PM
Yellow Dohickey on TDF Bikes? H M Leary Techniques 10 July 11th 05 10:57 AM