Who has completed a 100 mile ride?

Old May 23rd 08, 05:38 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
osmundo

Default Who has completed a 100 mile ride?

brycer1968 wrote:

Peter Bier
David Stone
Roger Davies
Alan Chambers
Steve Colligan
Mark Wiggins
Takayuki Koike (record holder 6hrs44min)
Lars Clausen
Ken Looi
Floyd Beattie
Johnnie Severin
Cathy Fox
Bruce Dawson
Jack Hughes
Dan Heaton
Scot Cooper
Sam Wakeling
Joe Marshall
John Himsworth
Gracie Sorbello
Rowan Chivers
Tony Melton
Tim Lee
Joe Lind
Rob Muellerleile
Irene Genelin
Beau Hoover
Nathan Hoover
Mike Scalisi
Ryan Woessner
Řivind Johansen
Kjetil Juul Pedersen
James Amon
Leif Rustvold
Max Taint
Mark Osmundo

I posted a write up with pics here
http://tinyurl.com/6e4lnk

--
osmundo
Old July 22nd 08, 12:39 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
aspenmike

YEAH, YEAH, YEAH BOY

I am so honored to finally be on the list with all of you
awesome unicyclist! I might have to put an asterisk next to my name
though. Am I the oldest? Nathan, how old were you when you completed
yours? My 49th Birthday is October 9th.
My ride, (which I will write about and post, some day soon),
included climbing over one Hors climb (12,100' high) and one Cat 1
climb (11,318' high), with a total *climbing* elevation for 101 miles
of ..... over 10,000' feet My average climbing elevation was also
right around 10,000'. So, I am sorry that I did not make the 100:10:1
list, my riding time was close, but I have raised the bar to
10,000:100:1! I will include just a couple of photos here of the
magical day in the saddle that I experianced on Saturday. I rode from
my house in Aspen, Colorado to Breckenridge, Colorado. I am so grateful
that I am part of this community, and now on this list. Peace and
happiness to all.

[...]
Mike Tierney

|Filename: reflection shot small res001.JPG |

aspenmike
Old July 22nd 08, 12:40 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
aspenmike

Coming down from the first HUGE climb of the day, looking east towards
La Plata Peak, a 14er.

|Filename: east side ipass small res001.JPG |

aspenmike
Old July 22nd 08, 01:29 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
steveyo

aspenmike wrote:
YEAH, YEAH, YEAH BOY... I have raised the bar to 10,000:100:1!

Way to go, Mike! Huge ride, as usual. And that first picture is
incredible.

There's a bare patch in the snow on the ridge to the right of the
leftmost peak that looks quite like a batman symbol.

--
steveyo

steveyo
...like having your own personal rollercoaster...

- a few 'uni race write-ups'
(http://home.nycap.rr.com/rduhan/uni_race_writeups/)
- muni and kokopelli uni 't-shirts, mugs and stickers'
(http://www.cafepress.com/steveyo)