Disabled cyclist denied access to Brighton Pier.

Old August 21st 10, 06:42 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Doug[_3_]

Default Disabled cyclist denied access to Brighton Pier.

On 20 Aug, 08:45, Paul - xxx wrote:
On 20/08/2010 07:43, Doug wrote:

If you are a disabled person who uses a wheelchair you are allowed to
go places that a disabled cyclist is not. Even if you are a disable
motorist you can carry a wheelchair in your boot which would allow you
to go where cyclists are not, such as pavements, railway platforms and
stations and places like Brighton Pier which discriminate against
disabled cyclists and are still allowed to get away with it.

The number of times it's been suggested that bicycles can carry huge
amounts of luggage, shopping etc I'm surprised you don't take your
wheelchair with you. *After all, you've posted pics of your trailer, I'm
sure that would accommodate a wheelchair.

I have posted no such pics. I was deliberately and misleadingly made
out to be someone else. The pics were posted by a spiteful motorist
trying to get their own back. As I have some difficulty cycling anyway
how do you imagine a loaded trailer would help?

Beats me why you're so worried about Brighton, have you moved there, and
how did you move? *Or was this just a holiday, you know, frivolous
hyper-mobility that you've often moaned about in the past?

Try reading the comments at the beginning of this thread.

Doug.
Old August 21st 10, 09:04 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
BrianW[_2_]

On 20 Aug, 11:15, Mike P wrote:
On Fri, 20 Aug 2010 03:13:41 -0700, francis garbled:

--
Paul - xxx

'96/'97 Landrover Discovery 300 Tdi
Dyna Tech Cro-Mo comp

He went there on a day trip, using a motorised vehicle (a coach). He has
previously told us that he does not like travelling in vehicles that use
diesel power.
He has told us that he would not use a diesel powered train. Most
Brighton trains are electric, *I wonder why he did not use one of them?

Perhaps he used the most convient method of travel for him, something
that he complains if others do.

Can anybody think of a word that describes such a person?

Does it begin with H?

Hippopotamus?
Old August 21st 10, 09:07 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
BrianW[_2_]

On 21 Aug, 06:42, Doug wrote:
[...]

Ah, you mean these pics:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/8737107@N04/3742474251/
http://www.flickr.com/photos/8737107@N04/3742474477/

They are indeed of someone else - someone who just so happens to live
at the same address as you, and who has a sound system on his bike,
just like you:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/8737107@N04/3742474975/

Fancy that!