Is Mike Andaman finally dead?

Old September 13th 13, 02:18 AM posted to rec.bicycles.soc
EdwardDolan

Default Is Mike Andaman finally dead?

"John B." wrote in message ...

On Wed, 11 Sep 2013 00:32:37 -0500, "EdwardDolan"
wrote:
[...]

I have previously recommended that hikers should go armed with a concealed firearm on their person when in a wilderness since any bikers they encounter are likely to be thugs and hooligans.

[...]

Of course, it is said that out of doors it rains on one's head, clouds

of insects clog the skies and one is exposed to all kinds of danger.
Much safer to sit at home and watch the telly.

The main danger that bikers are exposed to is their own stupidity for riding on a trail designed for hikers.

Ed Dolan the Great
aka
Saint Edward the Great

Old September 13th 13, 02:51 AM posted to rec.bicycles.soc
EdwardDolan

"Blackblade" wrote in message ...

We can agree on the facts and come to different conclusions.
Were you born yesterday?

Facts support conclusions ... or they don't. You start at the conclusion ("Trails should be reserved for Hikers") and work the facts to try and support that conclusion. I'm, as I said, not messianic and quite readily accept that some trails are appropriate for multiple use and some are not; but, I won't prejudge that without looking at the facts first.

Your worship of facts would be hilarious if it weren’t so pathetic. Try to develop a proper contempt for facts ... which are always chosen to fit what you want to support. I thought everyone in the world knew at least that much!

You are trying to make the facts fit your hypothesis when, in reality, they don't. You have made many many assertions which, when challenged, you can't backup. You asserted that there are frequent collisions between hikers and bikers but could produce no objective evidence to support that assertion.

Even a few collisions are too many. Hiker don’t collide with one another – ever!

I never read anything on a newsgroup other than what is
directly posted. If you want me to read it, then post it.

Don't be ridiculous ... I'm not going to post the entire text of a large research paper ... that's why I provided the link. Read it or not, your choice, but don't comment on what you can't be bothered to even read.

Why not post the entire thing. Maybe I will read it and then again maybe I won’t. I NEVER go to links on a newsgroup – something I learned the hard way from Tom Sherman years ago.
[...]

Averages don’t count. It is the speed at any given moment that
counts.

Nice try moving the goalposts. You said "The only time bikers have to slow down is going up a steep trail and they more than make up for that going down a trail.". I disproved that. Now, suddenly, you say that this doesn't matter and it's max speed that counts. Do try and find some consistency.

The only one moving the goalpost is you. Average speeds don’t count. Bikers are OVERALL many times faster than hikers, hills or no hills. Consistency is the hobgoblin of small minds. Try to think Great like Me! But you have to have some common sense for that, so I guess you are out of luck.

Communing with nature is the sole purpose of hiking a trail in
the wilderness. Camping is part of that experience as any fool knows. If you are
doing anything else, then you should be elsewhere. Disneyland suits most of your
ilk best.

No, Ed, it's axiomatically not the sole purpose of such a trail. They were created by people getting from point a to point b; you've appropriated them to a different use. Now, you are getting upset because someone might want to use them for something else. Your sole argument is from YOUR perception but you fail to appreciate that there is no reason why anyone else should share that.

As usual you are confusing trails with roads. However you can use them for something else provided you WALK the trail. However, trails are for communing with nature. Only morons use them for anything else.

Public resources having to do with wilderness values needs to
be reserved for a designated purpose. It cannot be all things to all people. If
a biker wants to enjoy the wilderness, all he has to do is get off of his g.d.
bike and walk on his two feet like everyone else. What’s the matter? Can’t
walk?

Public resources, axiomatically, are for the public. As such you, and everyone else, are going to have to compromise.

There is never anything axiomatic about anything. Intelligent decision making is always called for regardless of verbiage. It is amazing how you latch onto a word and then constantly trip over it. Words are just hints of what is meant. Words are NOT facts! Loosen up if that is possible.

This tedious "Can't walk" that you keep repeating just shows the paucity of your arguments. Of course I can walk ... I do ... I just frequently don't WANT to and I see no reason why I should, in most cases, be forced to do so.

There are a zillion miles of road for you to ride your bike on. Trails are for walkers.

Ed Dolan the Great
aka
Saint Edward the Great

Old September 13th 13, 02:53 AM posted to rec.bicycles.soc
John B.[_3_]

On Thu, 12 Sep 2013 20:18:50 -0500, "EdwardDolan"
wrote:

"John B." wrote in message ...

On Wed, 11 Sep 2013 00:32:37 -0500, "EdwardDolan"
wrote:
[...]

I have previously recommended that hikers should go armed with a concealed firearm on their person when in a wilderness since any bikers they encounter are likely to be thugs and hooligans.

[...]

Of course, it is said that out of doors it rains on one's head, clouds

of insects clog the skies and one is exposed to all kinds of danger.
Much safer to sit at home and watch the telly.

The main danger that bikers are exposed to is their own stupidity for riding on a trail designed for hikers.

Ed Dolan the Great
aka
Saint Edward the Great

And then, we have the stupidity of the individual who sitting at home
expects to change the world.

Eddy, you have nothing to fear but fear itself. Grab your handsaw and
get yourself out the door and defend your trails against the
interlopers.

--
Cheers,

John B.
Old September 13th 13, 08:40 AM posted to rec.bicycles.soc
Blackblade

Your worship of facts would be hilarious if it weren’t so
pathetic. Try to develop a proper contempt for facts ... which are always chosen
to fit what you want to support. I thought everyone in the world knew at least
that much!

If everyone took that approach then the world wouldn't work ...

You seem to hold yourself in high regard and therefore feel entitled to disregard others. Your privilege. Just remember that others are fully entitled to look at you the same way. The fact that you think something is the case means nothing to anyone else ... without facts.

Why not post the entire thing. Maybe I will read it and then
again maybe I won’t. I NEVER go to links on a newsgroup – something I learned
the hard way from Tom Sherman years ago.

Because it is too large ... shall I write that in large capitals ?

The only one moving the goalpost is you. Average speeds don’t
count. Bikers are OVERALL many times faster than hikers, hills or no hills.

No Ed, bikes are NOT overall many times faster ... they're overall twice as fast. I provided data to back that up. Do try and keep up.

Consistency is the hobgoblin of small minds. Try to think Great like Me! But you
have to have some common sense for that, so I guess you are out of
luck.

No, consistency implies that you've actually thought things through and that there is therefore some foundation for what you're saying. You're just flinging whatever comes to mind into the aether and hoping something works. It doesn't.

As usual you are confusing trails with roads. However you can
use them for something else provided you WALK the trail. However, trails are for
communing with nature. Only morons use them for anything else.

Fine, you think I'm a moron. I really don't care. Better men than you have decried my actions so I think I can live with it.

I'm not getting into ad-hominem ... but I imagine you can infer my derision for those that do.

There is never anything axiomatic about anything. Intelligent
decision making is always called for regardless of verbiage. It is amazing how
you latch onto a word and then constantly trip over it. Words are just hints of
what is meant. Words are NOT facts! Loosen up if that is possible.

No Ed, I latch onto the key meaning behind the words ... which are that the resources are to be, yes intelligently, managed for the public. That IS axiomatic.

Your so called intelligent decision making is nothing of the kind; it's your opinion and nothing more.

There are a zillion miles of road for you to ride your bike
on. Trails are for walkers.

Yawn.
Old September 13th 13, 12:26 PM posted to rec.bicycles.soc
John B.[_3_]

On Thu, 12 Sep 2013 20:51:07 -0500, "EdwardDolan"
wrote:

[...]

There is never anything axiomatic about anything. Intelligent decision making is always called for regardless of verbiage. It is amazing how you latch onto a word and then constantly trip over it. Words are just hints of what is meant. Words are NOT facts!hat is possible.

This tedious "Can't walk" that you keep repeating just shows the paucity of your arguments. Of course I can walk ... I do ... I just frequently don't WANT to and I see no reason why I should, in most cases, be forced to do so.

There are a zillion miles of road for you to ride your bike on. Trails are for walkers.

Ed Dolan the Great
aka
Saint Edward the Great

Well, aren't you the spoiled little boy. You state, "Of course I can
walk ... I do ... I just frequently don't WANT to..." but you don't
want anyone else to use these trails that you don't want to walk on.

But I will admit that you did make a logical statement (at long last)
you said that "Words are NOT facts!" and anyone that reads your
writing is certainly aware of that.

--
Cheers,

John B.
Old September 14th 13, 04:21 AM posted to rec.bicycles.soc
EdwardDolan

"Blackblade" wrote in message ...
[...]

You seem to hold yourself in high regard and therefore feel entitled to disregard others. Your privilege. Just remember that others are fully entitled to look at you the same way. The fact that you think something is the case means nothing to anyone else ... without facts.

What you think doesn't matter to me. Why? Because you ride your bicycle on hiking trails. I know all I have to know about you from your BEHAVIOR.
[...]

The only one moving the goalpost is you. Average speeds don’t
count. Bikers are OVERALL many times faster than hikers, hills or no hills.

No Ed, bikes are NOT overall many times faster ... they're overall twice as fast. I provided data to back that up. Do try and keep up.

Anyone with any common sense KNOWS that bikes are many times faster than walking. Try to get real.

Consistency is the hobgoblin of small minds. Try to think Great like Me! But you
have to have some common sense for that, so I guess you are out of
luck.

[...]

As usual you are confusing trails with roads. However you can
use them for something else provided you WALK the trail. However, trails are for
communing with nature. Only morons use them for anything else.

Fine, you think I'm a moron. I really don't care. Better men than you have decried my actions so I think I can live with it.

You are far worse than a moron. The world is full of those types. No, you are evil. You consciously do something (ride your bike on hiking trails) when you should know better, if one can judge by your use of the English language. You seek to justify what you do by drudging up all sorts of nonsense arguments. That is evil in my book.

I'm not getting into ad-hominem ... but I imagine you can infer my derision for those that do.

Suit yourself, but I call ‘em the way I see ‘em. I sure do understand why Mr. Vandeman ends up calling the lot of you liars. When you twist so-called facts the way you do, it is indeed lying and quite evil.

There is never anything axiomatic about anything. Intelligent
decision making is always called for regardless of verbiage. It is amazing how
you latch onto a word and then constantly trip over it. Words are just hints of
what is meant. Words are NOT facts! Loosen up if that is possible.

No Ed, I latch onto the key meaning behind the words ... which are that the resources are to be, yes intelligently, managed for the public. That IS axiomatic.

Your so called intelligent decision making is nothing of the kind; it's your opinion and nothing more.

But my opinions are at least a thousand times more to the point than your lousy opinions ... which are never to the point.

There are a zillion miles of road for you to ride your bike
on. Trails are for walkers.

Yawn.

Double and triple yawn.

We hikers HATE bikers on our sacred trails. What’s the matter? Can‘t walk?

Ed Dolan the Great
aka
Saint Edward the Great

Old September 14th 13, 04:37 AM posted to rec.bicycles.soc
EdwardDolan

"John B." wrote in message ...
[...]

Well, aren't you the spoiled little boy. You state, "Of course I can

walk ... I do ... I just frequently don't WANT to..." but you don't
want anyone else to use these trails that you don't want to walk on.

That is what Blackblade said, not me. He is an Englishman, which accounts for his screwed up thinking. Trails are FOR walking and are NOT for anything else – ever! Period and report ... you blockhead!

But I will admit that you did make a logical statement (at long last)

you said that "Words are NOT facts!" and anyone that reads your
writing is certainly aware of that.

This newsgroup is presently infected by mountain bikers, the worst class of people ever to exist on this planet. The sooner they kill themselves trying to ride their bikes on trails designed for walkers, the better. If we hikers weren't’ such gentlemen (something mountain bikers never are), we would sabotage the trails to make the demise of bikers all the more certain. **** ‘em all I say!

Ed Dolan the Great
aka
Saint Edward the Great

Old September 14th 13, 06:18 AM posted to rec.bicycles.soc
John B.[_3_]

On Fri, 13 Sep 2013 22:37:08 -0500, "EdwardDolan"
wrote:

snipped

This newsgroup is presently infected by mountain bikers, the worst class of people ever to exist on this planet. The sooner they kill themselves trying to ride their bikes on trails designed for walkers, the better. If we hikers weren't’ such gentlemen (something mountain bikers never are), we would sabotage the trails to make the demise of bikers all the more certain. **** ‘em all I say!

Ed Dolan the Great
aka
Saint Edward the Great

You certainly are observant, aren't you? Positively amazing that ah
group entitled "rec.bicycles.soc" should be "infected" by people
associated with bicycles.

One wonders whether your other attributes match your observational
skills.

Perhaps you should change your signature block to read "Eddy the
blind", or even "Dummy Dolan".
--
Cheers,

John B.
Old September 15th 13, 06:21 AM posted to rec.bicycles.soc
EdwardDolan

"John B." wrote in message ...

On Fri, 13 Sep 2013 22:37:08 -0500, "EdwardDolan"
wrote:

snipped

This newsgroup is presently infected by mountain bikers, the worst class of people ever to exist on this planet. The sooner they kill themselves trying to ride their bikes on trails designed for walkers, the better. If we hikers weren't such gentlemen (something mountain bikers never are), we would sabotage the trails to make the demise of bikers all the more certain. **** ‘em all I say!

You certainly are observant, aren't you? Positively amazing that a

group entitled "rec.bicycles.soc" should be "infected" by people
associated with bicycles.

Cyclists who confine their riding to roads are just fine. Cyclists who ride their bikes on hiking trails are the scum of the earth and are anything but fine. In fact, they are evil through and through. Saint Edward the Great consigns them all to Hell. Ed Dolan the Great just says **** ‘em!

One wonders whether your other attributes match your observational

skills.

It doesn't take any observational skill to know a despoiler of nature and wilderness like yourself. My other attributes border on the genius level are clearly beyond your level of mentality.

Trails are for walkers. What’s the matter? Can’t walk?

Ed Dolan the Great
aka
Saint Edward the Great

Old September 15th 13, 01:16 PM posted to rec.bicycles.soc
John B.[_3_]

On Sun, 15 Sep 2013 00:21:33 -0500, "EdwardDolan"
wrote:

"John B." wrote in message ...

On Fri, 13 Sep 2013 22:37:08 -0500, "EdwardDolan"
wrote:

snipped

[...]

Are you still here Dolan? I thought you would be out in the great
outdoors defending your trails?

Ah, but I guess sitting indoors at the computer with the air con
purring away is just so much more comfortable.

Apparently if it is a choice of whether to go out into the world and
defend the trails or sit at home the trails come in a poor second.
--
Cheers,

John B.