Wobbly While Signaling - HELP!

Old April 2nd 07, 03:37 AM posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Dennis P. Harris

Default Wobbly While Signaling - HELP!

On 1 Apr 2007 05:31:12 -0700 in rec.bicycles.misc, "The
Historian" wrote:

Now to work on standing while riding
so I don't have more instances of numbness in the, err, groin.

get a saddle that fits, preferably one with a center slot to take
pressure off the sensitive area.

Old April 2nd 07, 04:47 AM posted to rec.bicycles.misc
nash

Default Numbness after riding - HELP!

"di" wrote in message

"The Historian" wrote in message
oups.com...
On Apr 1, 10:59 am, "di" wrote:
"rdclark" wrote in message

Not the best in the wind, but a big improvement in comfort.

Thanks. You had this happen? How long did it take to recover? How long
until you were able to ride again? I'm scheduled for two training
rides next weekend. I'd prefer to test the new saddle before then.

I only had a problem after a 40-60 mile ride, I think it was because I
slumped in the saddle and would slide forward, the numbness only last
usually until the next morning or after a good hot shower.

Try going 50 -70 miles a day with no pre training for 3 months across Canada
on a bike that does not fit. It took a week for the bruising to subside.

Old April 2nd 07, 05:12 AM posted to rec.bicycles.misc
The Historian[_2_]

"rdclark" wrote in message

Not the best in the wind, but a big improvement in comfort.

Thanks. You had this happen? How long did it take to recover? How long
until you were able to ride again? I'm scheduled for two training
rides next weekend. I'd prefer to test the new saddle before then.

I only had a problem after a 40-60 mile ride, I think it was because I
slumped in the saddle and would slide forward, the numbness only last
usually until the next morning or after a good hot shower.

I've had it more than 30 hours so far, and counting.

Old April 2nd 07, 05:33 AM posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Roger Zoul

The Historian wrote:
:: On Apr 1, 6:33 pm, "di" wrote:
::: "The Historian" wrote in message
:::
::: oups.com... On
::: Apr 1, 10:59 am, "di" wrote:
::::: "rdclark" wrote in message
:::
::: Not the best in the wind, but a big improvement in comfort.
:::
:::
:::
:::: Thanks. You had this happen? How long did it take to recover? How
:::: long until you were able to ride again? I'm scheduled for two
:::: training rides next weekend. I'd prefer to test the new saddle
:::: before then.
:::
::: I only had a problem after a 40-60 mile ride, I think it was
::: because I
::: slumped in the saddle and would slide forward, the numbness only
::: last
::: usually until the next morning or after a good hot shower.
::
:: I've had it more than 30 hours so far, and counting.

Personally, I'd not continue riding until I got this worked out.

When I ride my bike, I have no pressure whatsoever in the groin area.
Hence, never any numbness.

How can you ride everyday when it take longer than 24 hours to recover?

No, this is NOT correct.

Old April 2nd 07, 03:52 PM posted to rec.bicycles.misc
The Historian[_2_]

On Apr 1, 11:33 pm, "Roger Zoul" wrote:
The Historian wrote:

:: On Apr 1, 6:33 pm, "di" wrote:
::: "The Historian" wrote in message
:::
egroups.com... On
[...]

I agree. I'm impatient to ride again, however. From what I can tell
from reading this group and the Internet, it appears I might be out of
action for a couple of days to perhaps a week or more. (I'll ignore
the claims of permanent impotency from a single bike ride.) While
there has been some improvement since Saturday, it's nearly two whole
days now.

Old April 2nd 07, 04:07 PM posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Roger Zoul

The Historian wrote:
:: On Apr 1, 11:33 pm, "Roger Zoul" wrote:
::: The Historian wrote:
:::
::::: On Apr 1, 6:33 pm, "di" wrote:
:::::: "The Historian" wrote in message
::::::
:::::: oups.com... On
:::::: Apr 1, 10:59 am, "di" wrote:::::: "rdclark"
:::::: wrote in message
:::
::::::
:::::: Not the best in the wind, but a big improvement in comfort.
::::::
::::::
::::::
::::::: Thanks. You had this happen? How long did it take to recover?
::::::: How long until you were able to ride again? I'm scheduled for
::::::: two training rides next weekend. I'd prefer to test the new
::::::: saddle before then.
::::::
:::::: I only had a problem after a 40-60 mile ride, I think it was
:::::: because I
:::::: slumped in the saddle and would slide forward, the numbness only
:::::: last
:::::: usually until the next morning or after a good hot shower.
:::::
::::: I've had it more than 30 hours so far, and counting.
:::
::: Personally, I'd not continue riding until I got this worked out.
::
:: I agree. I'm impatient to ride again, however. From what I can tell
:: from reading this group and the Internet, it appears I might be out
:: of action for a couple of days to perhaps a week or more. (I'll
:: ignore the claims of permanent impotency from a single bike ride.)
:: While there has been some improvement since Saturday, it's nearly
:: two whole days now.

Could there be a problem with your shorts? Are the too tight perhaps,
thereby resulting in some unneeded pressure in the wrong places? As I've
tried to indiciate before, this has never been an issue for me as I don't
even sit on those parts. Some pictures of you on that bike would really
help. Have you discussed this with the folks at your LBS? At least they
can see your position as you ride to offer some help.

I really hate to see you having this problem as riding is good for you and
me (since we both have similar issues with weight & weight loss, etc.).

Old April 2nd 07, 05:21 PM posted to rec.bicycles.misc
nash

ups.com...
The Historian wrote:

:: On Apr 1, 6:33 pm, "di" wrote:
::: "The Historian" wrote in message
:::
egroups.com... On
::: Apr 1, 10:59 am, "di" wrote:::::: "rdclark"
wrote in message

:::
[...]

Your lucky you got to rest. In a group of 4 with 3 bikes and me not driving
I had to bike everyday for a week. I am still alive.

Why has my wheel suddenly gone wobbly Tim Australia 20 February 17th 06 09:38 PM
wobbly chainrings Dan Lenski Techniques 4 May 27th 05 06:37 PM
Is It Fixed? Wobbly Rear Wheel sandy Mountain Biking 8 October 17th 04 01:18 PM
Non-wobbly hub Keith Willoughby UK 2 June 5th 04 01:27 AM
Wobbly Hub Keith Willoughby UK 42 June 3rd 04 10:16 PM