Using the Marzocchi air fork pump adapter

Old August 31st 09, 03:58 AM posted to rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.tech,alt.mountain-bike
DaveC

Default Using the Marzocchi air fork pump adapter

The recessed mini schrader valves in Marzocchi air forks require this 2-inch
threaded stem in order to inflate them.

The adapter is just a threaded tube (tiny threads at one end to attach to the
fork; standard schrader threads on the other end to accept pump hose).

The adapter has no valve. If you screw it into the fork first and there is
some pressure there, you get a gusher of 5 wt oil.

If you put it on the pump hose first... how do you thread it into the fork?

What's the procedure for doing this?

And 15USD for a tiny plastic piece? Glad it's a once-only purchase (I
hope...)

Thanks.

Old September 1st 09, 09:00 AM posted to rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.tech,alt.mountain-bike
Marcin J.

Uzytkownik "DaveC" napisal w wiadomosci
The recessed mini schrader valves in Marzocchi air forks require this
2-inch
threaded stem in order to inflate them.

The adapter is just a threaded tube (tiny threads at one end to attach to
the
fork; standard schrader threads on the other end to accept pump hose).

The adapter has no valve. If you screw it into the fork first and there is
some pressure there, you get a gusher of 5 wt oil.

It depends on the design, usually it is enough to keep fork in vertical
position (valve up) for a while to settle oil down.

If you put it on the pump hose first... how do you thread it into the
fork?

There is a movable joint - you can screw in the hose with the adapter the
same way you screw on the hose alone. (well, at least I can - with Giyo
pump). Be careful not to over tighten it.

What's the procedure for doing this?

pump-adapter first, then pump-adapter-fork

And 15USD for a tiny plastic piece? Glad it's a once-only purchase (I
hope...)

Mine is aluminum and I got it with fork.

--
Cheers
marcin "my English is as perfect as me or even better" j.

Old September 1st 09, 09:09 AM posted to rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.tech,alt.mountain-bike
Marcin J.

Użytkownik "Marcin J." napisał w wiadomo¶ci
There is a movable joint - you can screw in the hose with the adapter the
same way you screw on the hose alone. (well, at least I can - with Giyo
pump).

Alternatively you can spin the whole pump.

--
Cheers
marcin

Old September 3rd 09, 03:19 AM posted to rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.tech,alt.mountain-bike
DaveC

And 15USD for a tiny plastic piece? Glad it's a once-only purchase (I
hope...)

Mine is aluminum and I got it with fork.

I just bought an aluminum one. It feels a whole lot better to use. (I was
afraid of snapping off the plastic one...)

Thanks!