Shock horror! a.b is really a Lefty clique!

Old October 30th 05, 06:03 AM
cfsmtb

Default Shock horror! a.b is really a Lefty clique!

Well, apparently down here we a
http://www.cyclingforums.com/t295025-critical-mass.html

The CM issue? Not really interested in thrashing it all out again and
again and again, as I know of plenty of a.ber's who don't care must fer
it either. So what, build a bridge, get over it, grow up, put it into
perspective, learn to be pragmatic blahblahblah....

But a.b - a haven for lefties? Now dats funny. I'll out myself right
now as a left-hander. Like bikes, dawgs, cats, beer, eat meat, like
bikes....have I already mentioned that....now the real reason for this
thread. I require cyclocross brake levers. Can anyone give me a
headsup, ie: where, cost $$$ etc

Yours in Perpetual Revolution,

cfs 'Red Star' mtb

--
cfsmtb

Old October 30th 05, 07:07 AM
GPLama

"cfsmtb" wrote in message ...

Well, apparently down here we a
http://www.cyclingforums.com/t295025-critical-mass.html

stoking the fire

I was ran into a gutter then abused by a (real) retard on a recumbent on a
CM ride.. then some guy on a mission made it his duty to walk though
everyone and start kicking peoples bikes when we were stopped on Punt Rd ..
I managed to launch a lolly fair into the 'kickers' head from about 10-15m
away.. mighty chuffed with my efforts, I asked the nice lass next to me if
she was witness to my fine accuracy.. then came another few words of abuse
from her!....

So from my experience - Screw CM(ers).

cheers,
GPLamadore
:btw, where are the CM sprint/KOM points?:

Old October 30th 05, 08:04 AM
SomeGuy

cfsmtb Wrote:
Well, apparently down here we a
http://www.cyclingforums.com/t295025-critical-mass.html

The CM issue? Not really interested in thrashing it all out again and
again and again, as I know of plenty of a.ber's who don't care must fer
it either. So what, build a bridge, get over it, grow up, put it into
perspective, learn to be pragmatic blahblahblah....

But a.b - a haven for lefties? Now dats funny. I'll out myself right
now as a left-hander. Like bikes, dawgs, cats, beer, eat meat, like
bikes....have I already mentioned that....now the real reason for this
thread. I require cyclocross brake levers. Can anyone give me a
headsup, ie: where, cost $$$ etc

Yours in Perpetual Revolution,

cfs 'Red Star' mtb

You know you've been hanging out on MTB forums too much when the word
'lefty' makes you think of a suspension fork...

--
SomeGuy

Old October 30th 05, 08:11 AM
cfsmtb

SomeGuy Wrote:
You know you've been hanging out on MTB forums too much when the word
'lefty' makes you think of a suspension fork...

Oooo, that was good. Three gold stars & a bear stamp. Or a beer if you
wish....

--
cfsmtb

Old October 30th 05, 09:55 AM
Peka

On Sun, 30 Oct 2005 19:04:25 +1100, SomeGuy
wrote:

You know you've been hanging out on MTB forums too much when the word
'lefty' makes you think of a suspension fork...

Ooh, I wouldn't mind a Prophet! Seen a few in action but yet to test
ride one...
Old October 30th 05, 10:03 AM
deejbah

So, if I'm ambidextrous, does that mean I can't post here?

--
deejbah

Old October 30th 05, 10:05 AM
cfsmtb

deejbah Wrote:
So, if I'm ambidextrous, does that mean I can't post here?

Eh, you sound like a very rare species indeed, possibly an endangered
Democrat?

--
cfsmtb

Old October 30th 05, 10:47 AM
deejbah

Ha ha, not quite, I was actually being literal. However, if we were
going by the political cliches, I would supposedly be one of the ones
on a CM corking intersections by myself, obstructing oncoming traffic
etc. etc. Then again, I'm a librarian!

--
deejbah

Old October 30th 05, 11:27 AM
cfsmtb

GPLama Wrote:

So from my experience - Screw CM(ers).

Oh do cheer up, here's yr new team kit & gruppo:
http://tinyurl.com/bgx9d
http://tinyurl.com/9nlhb
http://tinyurl.com/d8cyf

BTW, you score megabonus CM sprint points by doing the first shout at
the pub (afterwards) It's a seperate TT when you nick off before the
end & return with a sixpack.

--
cfsmtb

Old October 30th 05, 12:55 PM
Andrew

I have a pair of Tektro RX2.0 cyclocross levers, they are super cool, and
this is just from looking at them, as I'm still waiting on bars to install
them on. My trigger fingers are itching to grab a fistful of retardation via
them.

Locally dirtworks can supply Salsa ones (www.dirtworks.com.au, find a
retailer near you), but my recommendation is for you, me, everybody, to get
on over to www.benscycle.com and buy lots of parts that you can't get here
from Jim (ebay @ benscycle dot com). He's a great guy to deal with, has
access to the QBP catalogue, plus also sells lots of other neat kit on ebay
under the seller bensbikes.

Search the 'super catalogue' for levers, specifically tektro for cheaper,
cane creek/salsa/paul for more bling.

P'raps you should buy a Malvern Star, paint it olive drab, make the star red
and continue your velorution.

Andrew.