Which rigid singlespeed with disc brakes to buy?

Old August 28th 03, 12:19 AM
feckless

Default Which rigid singlespeed with disc brakes to buy?

On-one Inbred in either steel or titanium.

Steel is UKP225 with rigid forks, weight around 2kg, disc only, with
appropriate line guides.

The Ti version is UKP795.

Both use an eccentric BB, but it seems to be of the creak-free variety.

www.on-one.co.uk

Old August 28th 03, 01:18 AM
deluxe model

"Carla A-G" wrote in message
"Mike Cox" wrote in message

"Carla A-G" wrote in message -ons/ugly

mounting
brackets.)

2004 Bianchi.

2002 DISS and 2003 SISS both have Avid Mechanical Discs

Mike

I can't make it public yet, but wait until you see the 2004's...

You had piqued my curiosity as you have mentioned the 2004s more than once,
and was meaning to ask you why, but now I see I have to wait on the answer.

Old August 28th 03, 07:43 AM
bomba

feckless wrote:
On-one Inbred in either steel or titanium.

Steel is UKP225 with rigid forks, weight around 2kg, disc only, with
appropriate line guides.

The Ti version is UKP795.

Oh, if only I could get a Ti Inbred. Oh, hang on...

a.bmx FAQ: http://www.t-online.de/~jharris/bmx_faq.htm

Old August 28th 03, 09:15 AM
spademan o---[\) *

"bomba" wrote in message
feckless wrote:
On-one Inbred in either steel or titanium.

Steel is UKP225 with rigid forks, weight around 2kg, disc only, with
appropriate line guides.

The Ti version is UKP795.

Oh, if only I could get a Ti Inbred. Oh, hang on...

It only seems like last week that I used to own one of those too....

Steve.

Old August 30th 03, 12:14 AM
deluxe model

"Carla A-G" wrote in message
"deluxe model" wrote in message
I can't make it public yet, but wait until you see the 2004's...

You had piqued my curiosity as you have mentioned the 2004s more than

once,
and was meaning to ask you why, but now I see I have to wait on the

answer.

My custom is in. Pics to be posted soon, you will see what I mean.

I'm looking forward to seeing it. Now hurry and post haste!

Old August 30th 03, 12:34 AM
B. Sanders

"Graham Hannington" wrote in message
om...
My current ride is a Surly Singleator'd steel (Tange Prestige) MTB
with rigid forks that began life in '92 as a Shogun Team Issue Prairie
Breaker (many mods since then). I still love this bike, but now I'd
like to try disc brakes (it's currently got LX V brakes).

One option is to get discs fitted to this bike. I think that this
would involve, at a minimum, some new disc mount braze-ons, which also
means a new paint job (the current "Tonka toy" yellow is chipped
anyway). While I'm at it, I'd get the framebuilder to shave off the
now-unnecessary cable guides. But I'm not sure exactly which products
to go for. And the cost of custom framework plus a paint job might end
up being a significant fraction of a completely new bike.

So, I'm also looking at new bikes:

How about the Soulcraft Plowboy?

http://www.soulcraftbikes.com/id22.htm

Soulcraft's I.S. disc caliper mounts are the very picture of simplicity, and
the Paul droputs are like buttah. My sister is a team rider for Soulcraft.
She kicked my ass riding her custom pink Plowboy (with color-matched
handlebar streamers - very nice detail). They also make sweet custom rigid
forks to your specs.

Call Matt. He'll hook you up.

-Barry

Old August 30th 03, 03:04 AM
Gman

On Fri, 29 Aug 2003 23:34:44 GMT, B. Sanders wrote:

How about the Soulcraft Plowboy?

http://www.soulcraftbikes.com/id22.htm

That is one bad ass looking ride.

Old August 30th 03, 04:22 AM
Carla A-G

"B. Sanders" wrote in message
news
How about the Soulcraft Plowboy?

http://www.soulcraftbikes.com/id22.htm

Singlespeed Bob rides one. It is simply a beautiful piece of work.

- CA-G

Can-Am Girls Kick Ass!

Rad rigid singlespeed pictures. Carla A-G Mountain Biking 8 October 26th 03 01:39 AM
Drum-Brake Reliable for Long, Steep Descents? Elisa Francesca Roselli General 45 October 8th 03 01:34 AM
XTR Disc brakes voodoo Mountain Biking 11 August 10th 03 01:06 PM
Disc Brakes... TJ Mountain Biking 27 July 11th 03 01:29 PM
Opinions on Hayes HMX-1 Mechanical Disc Brakes? David L Mountain Biking 2 June 27th 03 12:12 AM