RR short excerpt: Females, and other frustrations

Old November 19th 03, 02:17 AM
Paladin

Default RR short excerpt: Females, and other frustrations

Two nights ago I was climbing a fairly tough singletrack on the SS. It
was the kind of stuff that takes concentration, power and luck. Just
about the time I was feeling pretty happy with myself, that it was all
happenin, a very beautiful woman on an expensive bike with all the gear
came over a rise, descending towards me. $3k bike, color coordinated
tights, you name it, she had it.

I politely shouted, "please go left" which was her only option at that
point to avoid running into me.

The left requires a sharp little turn and a 2 foot drop, but everybody
that rides it often doesn't even have to think about it. It looks scary
from her vantage point, but it really wasn't tough. Instead, she ran
past me, (almost over me) as I gently said, "uphill has the right of
way," DooDah, DooDah.... I lost my rythm, had to stop on the SS on a
tough ascent, was mad and frustrated,

so I did the gentlemanly thing required in the circumstances:

I turned down the hill and shouted, "BITCH!!" as loud as I could. Wish
I was kidding. I knew she couldn't hear me, but it felt good
nonetheless. Then to rub it in, I get passed by a multi-geared dude who
probably wondered why I was standing there letting him pass, and not
hammering his skinny butt like I'd been doing off and on, all night,
playing leapfrog.

I finally had to chalk it up to the fact that she must have been a
beginner with a lot of money, which requires a little grace and patience
on my part. She was blonde, too.

paladino

Old November 19th 03, 02:25 AM
Slacker

[...]

ROTFL.... hey, maybe she was one of those badass DH'ers showing off her mad
skillz!
--
Slacker

Old November 19th 03, 02:49 AM
Penny S

Paladin's cat walked across a keyboard and came up with this:
so I did the gentlemanly thing required in the circumstances:

ROFL.. I can see this so well. It was all a dream, right?

penny

Old November 19th 03, 02:57 AM
BB

On Tue, 18 Nov 2003 19:17:42 -0700, Paladin wrote:
Two nights ago I was climbing a fairly tough singletrack on the SS. It
was the kind of stuff that takes concentration, power and luck.

Having imparted some wisdom on climbing this last summer, I felt it
necessary to throw in that last aspect as well. Sometimes that front wheel
pops up unexpected and lands in the most awkward place...

so I did the gentlemanly thing required in the circumstances:

I turned down the hill and shouted, "BITCH!!" as loud as I could.

Just when you think you know a guy, he goes off and does THAT. ;-)

--
-BB-
To reply to me, drop the attitude (from my e-mail address, at least)
Old November 19th 03, 03:02 AM
tcmedara

"Paladin" wrote in message ...

I finally had to chalk it up to the fact that she must have been a
beginner with a lot of money, which requires a little grace and patience
on my part. She was blonde, too.

paladino

Rich, blonde...maybe it was a sign from the

Old November 19th 03, 03:05 AM
tcmedara

"tcmedara" wrote in message

"Paladin" wrote in message

I finally had to chalk it up to the fact that she must have been a
beginner with a lot of money, which requires a little grace and patience
on my part. She was blonde, too.

paladino

Rich, blonde...maybe it was a sign from the

.....mtb gods that you were getting to obsessed with the bike and
needed other distractions

Old November 19th 03, 04:13 AM
Craig Brossman

Paladin wrote:
[...]

You know it could have been many things, she misunderstood, didn't hear
you, was not comfortable with the move, was really an inconsiderate
bitch ...
My first reaction is usually to get ****ed, hence it is usually my son's
as well; no suprise there.
Oh well, you still got in a good ride, me I had to go to a spin class
because I could not get away from work all day
But tommorrow is local's day at Wolf Creek, maybe I will meet up with
MattB, though I've never met him before.

--
Craig Brossman, Durango Colorado
(remove ".nospam" to reply)

Old November 19th 03, 04:26 AM
Monique Y. Herman

On Wed, 19 Nov 2003 at 04:13 GMT, Craig Brossman penned:

You know it could have been many things, she misunderstood, didn't
hear you, was not comfortable with the move, was really an
inconsiderate bitch ... My first reaction is usually to get ****ed,
hence it is usually my son's as well; no suprise there. Oh well, you
still got in a good ride, me I had to go to a spin class because I
could not get away from work all day But tommorrow is local's day
at Wolf Creek, maybe I will meet up with MattB, though I've never met
him before.

A two foot drop would certainly have given me pause. Honestly, I'm sure
it would have brought me to a screeching halt. Still, I find it hard to
believe that she couldn't have found *some* way to avoid making him lose
momentum. It just absolutely sucks when you're forced to lose momentum
on a hill you know you *could* climb in one chunk, if only you were
given the chance ...

--
monique
PLEASE don't CC me. Please. Pretty please with sugar on top.
Old November 19th 03, 04:45 AM
Mojo Deluxe

"Monique Y. Herman" wrote in message

A two foot drop would certainly have given me pause. Honestly, I'm sure
it would have brought me to a screeching halt.

You'll get to where you won't give it a second thought. With a momentum,
roll off with your butt over the back wheel. Now a four foot drop.....

Old November 19th 03, 04:54 AM
Kathleen

"Paladin" wrote in message

I finally had to chalk it up to the fact that she must have been a
beginner with a lot of money, which requires a little grace and patience
on my part. She was blonde, too.

paladino

Rich, blonde...maybe it was a sign from the

.....mtb gods that you were getting to obsessed with the bike and
needed other distractions

I think Paladin pegged it right; she was a beginner with nice stuff.
She might have bought it herself, or she may have been outfitted by an
SO optimistic about creating a new mtb convert. Even so, the subsequent
outburst was understandable under the circumstances, and, if it's any
consolation I suspect that she was probably far more unnerved by their
encounter than he was, whether she heard the "bitch" thing or not.

Kathleen