RR short excerpt: Females, and other frustrations

Old November 20th 03, 06:29 PM
JD

Default RR short excerpt: Females, and other frustrations

P e t e F a g e r l i n wrote in message . ..
On Wed, 19 Nov 2003 17:30:05 -0600, "Pat" wrote:

4. And, yeah, it's easier to curse at a woman and call her a bitch

than it
is to call a man an a**hole. Because you know the woman won't come

back
and shove her fist down your throat--but you do tend to think the man

might
do that.

Pat

I always liked your stuff on SNL.

I was thinking the same thing right from our new pal's appearance.

JD
Old November 20th 03, 11:44 PM
Bill Wheeler

On Tue, 18 Nov 2003 19:17:42 -0700, Paladin wrote:

[snip] "BITCH!!" [snip]

Right as rain,
Bill
....one speed to rule them all, one speed to find them,
one speed to bring them all and on the trails pass them
In the Land of Avalon where the geared pigs lie...
Old November 21st 03, 01:56 AM
Craig Brossman

Monique Y. Herman wrote:

On Thu, 20 Nov 2003 at 06:17 GMT, Paladin penned:

We just need to do a better job of educating riders so we can all get
along.

Yup ... I'm just not sure how to go about that. (And as a newbie, I
probably wouldn't feel comfortable doing so, anyway.)

I was recently talking to a friend's parents, and they mentioned that
they'd been riding along on a really muddy track (I think the W&O canal
or whatever that is in Virginia) and that they went straight through the
middle of the puddles, sometimes getting stuck in the mud. Not having
been on the track, I didn't say anything, but that sure sounded like a
Bad Thing to me. I thought about commenting on trail damage, but I
wasn't 100% sure of my ground and didn't want to alienate these people

I would say, secondly, that going right thru the middle is much better
than making the trail wider (which happens all too ofter for mud
puddles, tough moves ...) and firstly, if the trail was consistently
muddy, they should not have been out there in the first place.
But probably not in that order

--
Craig Brossman, Durango Colorado
(remove ".nospam" to reply)

Old November 21st 03, 02:07 AM
Monique Y. Herman

On Fri, 21 Nov 2003 at 01:56 GMT, Craig Brossman penned:
Monique Y. Herman wrote:

[...]

FWIW, I think they were on a two-day ride and the rain became a problem
during the second half of the second day. Or something. I don't quite
remember the details. I distinctly remember the impression that there
were no problems with rain the first day, anyway.

--
monique
PLEASE don't CC me. Please. Pretty please with sugar on top.
Old November 21st 03, 02:40 AM
Paladin

Jonesy wrote:

"Pete" wrote in message ...

"Jonesy" wrote

I just love to deflate self-righteous assholes who get their jollies
judging others.

Now that's a risky activity I gave up when I got married, too.

paladino

Nothing more than that.
--
Jonesy

Old November 21st 03, 05:02 PM
Jonesy

Paladin wrote in message ...
Jonesy wrote:
"Pete" wrote in message ...

"Jonesy" wrote

I just love to deflate self-righteous assholes who get their jollies
judging others.

Now that's a risky activity I gave up when I got married, too.

paladino

LOL.

You have a point there. When I was young(er) and dumb(er), and had my
platoon pals with me, making idiots eat their words was good sport.
Now I have to do it by shock and awe, continually keeping on the move.

And I don't go into as many bars as I used to. That is to say "none."
Gave *that* up when I got out. It's all about risk management, my
friend.
--
Jonesy