hard tail or full susser

Old December 12th 03, 02:01 PM
Carla A-G

Default hard tail or full susser

"P e t e F a g e r l i n" wrote in message

http://home.pacbell.net/psf0/5spot/wayslack.jpg

I like the table lamps. Where did you get them from?

- CA-G

Can-Am Girls Kick Ass!

Old December 12th 03, 03:07 PM
GeeDubb

Carla A-G wrote:
"P e t e F a g e r l i n" wrote in message

http://home.pacbell.net/psf0/5spot/wayslack.jpg

I like the table lamps. Where did you get them from?

- CA-G

Can-Am Girls Kick Ass!

You and my wife must vibrate on the same level!
She would have seen those before the big bike.....

Gary

Old December 12th 03, 03:36 PM
Sorni

"GeeDubb" wrote in message

You and my wife must vibrate on the same level!

Family newsgroup, buddy.

Bill "just for Jonesy" S.

Old December 12th 03, 03:37 PM
Dave Adnum

"Michael Dart" wrote in message

"P e t e F a g e r l i n" wrote in message
On Thu, 11 Dec 2003 20:53:33 +0000 (UTC), "Jimmy Hitler"
wrote:

This has probably been discussed before but I would be grateful your
opinion ...
it might save a big fall out .
Me mate tried cross country racing last year with a specialized full

susser
and did quite well but felt he lost a lot on the hills and as the

downhill's
where not that bad a light hard tail was the order of the day and the

fact
the 99 % of the riders where using them ...he's now the proud owner of

specialized m5 with lots of exspensive and light goodies attached to it

..
Our other mate is adamant that a full susser with lockout would be a

far
better option as you have the best of both worlds and the fact that

the
world championship was won on a full susser says he is right .. No one

will
shift their opinion .

You need a full suspension bike for sure.

Something like this would be the perfect steed for winning many an XC
race:

http://home.pacbell.net/psf0/5spot/wayslack.jpg

Yeah, that's the ticket! ;^)

Mike - I wouldn't ride that thing DH!

shizaa!!! is that a 888 on the front of that?

mmmmm

dave

Old December 12th 03, 03:44 PM
fasterTHANyou

hardtail with tubeless tires... all the way. i used to race a sugar, no
real complaints i guess- but i switched to hardtail after two dualies
and would never go back. i got sick of full sus sucking up all my
pedaling power when i wanted to go fast. a hardtail will make you a
better rider cause it will force you to learn how to ride the technical
stuff. hardtail hardtail hardtail

Old December 12th 03, 04:21 PM
GeeDubb

Sorni wrote:
"GeeDubb" wrote in message

You and my wife must vibrate on the same level!

Family newsgroup, buddy.

Bill "just for Jonesy" S.

Gutter Mind?g

I didn't say they used the vibrater on the same level.......

not that there's anything wrong with that

ok, I'll stop while I can

Gary

Old December 12th 03, 04:40 PM
P e t e F a g e r l i n

On 12 Dec 2003 04:10:34 -0800, (Adam) wrote:

P e t e F a g e r l i n wrote in message

. ..
-8- snip -8-
You need a full suspension bike for sure.

Something like this would be the perfect steed for winning many an

XC
race:

http://home.pacbell.net/psf0/5spot/wayslack.jpg

My irony-o-meter is going crazy, and I think it has something to do
with this quote:
"I merely wrote that I don''t get the fascination that people have
with posting mundane pictures of mundane bikes leaning against the
couch"

I wonder who could have said that?

Donning asbestos suit...

Holy ****.

Get your irony-o-meter fixed pronto and while you're at it get your
parody-o-meter replaced because it's obviously on the fritz.

Old December 12th 03, 04:41 PM
P e t e F a g e r l i n

On Fri, 12 Dec 2003 09:01:10 -0500, "Carla A-G"
wrote:

"P e t e F a g e r l i n" wrote in message
.. .

http://home.pacbell.net/psf0/5spot/wayslack.jpg

I like the table lamps. Where did you get them from?

Unknown.

I'll have to ask my wife if she remembers where she got them.

Old December 12th 03, 04:49 PM
Jonesy

Mark Hickey wrote in message . ..
"Jimmy Hitler" wrote:

This has probably been discussed before but I would be grateful your
opinion ...
it might save a big fall out .
Me mate tried cross country racing last year with a specialized full susser
and did quite well but felt he lost a lot on the hills and as the downhill's
where not that bad a light hard tail was the order of the day and the fact
the 99 % of the riders where using them ...he's now the proud owner of a
specialized m5 with lots of exspensive and light goodies attached to it .
Our other mate is adamant that a full susser with lockout would be a far
better option as you have the best of both worlds and the fact that the
world championship was won on a full susser says he is right .. No one will
shift their opinion .

What do you think ?...

The more skilled the rider, the less the FS advantage matters (and the
FS disadvantage still counts as much).

Depends on what "advantage" is being discussed. Nowadays, the only
disadvantages are, in order of importance: Complexity, cost, and
weight.

On most XC courses, a HT is
the fast way 'round, at least for those who know how to ride well. If
OTOH, just pointing the bike in the general direction is about as
technical as you wanna get, a FS might make you faster.

Or, if you're not going to race, you might just have more fun (Moore
Fun?) on a FS bike. If it's all about speed, get a road bike, and
don't go on the trails. And if it's about racing, get sponsored so
you can afford the lightest, flimsiest POS to get to the finish line,
but no further.

The real question is: if you are not going to race, why bother
looking at what racers ride?
--
Jonesy