My first Muni ride… thanks Adam (JustOneWheel)!

Old May 18th 05, 09:09 PM
HardcoreCokerRider

Default My first Muni ride… thanks Adam (JustOneWheel)!

Well, I guess you could say that I had my first official Muni ride
yesterday… considering the last time I rode in the trails was in my
early teens, before the term ‘Muni’ had even been coined… a time before
Cokers… when a 36” wheel unicycle with an inflatable tire was merely a
fantasy!

Many thanks to Adam (JustOneWheel) for being an outstanding tour guide.
I had an incredible time! Adam showed me some of his favorite places
along the Greenbelt.

This guy is one incredible Coker Muni rider! On top of having the skills
to blitzkrieg through the trails like a madman through the tight turns,
up, over, and around roots, over jumps and drop-offs, and through the
berms, this guy has unbelievable endurance. While I was able to keep on
his tail for the flats and downhills, once we got to some of the steep
climbs, my legs felt like jello and a decent size root could (and often
did) take me down… while Adam was already at the top of the hill like it
was nothing! He even made it about 85% up a really steep hill that I
know he’ll conquer soon! Granted, I went on my 1st real decent NYC
endurance ride of the season yesterday (after a long winter of just
neighborhood blasts and short river rides)… so my legs were starting out
a bit sore, but nonetheless I know it will still take me a while to
build up my endurance to Adam’s level.

The Greenbelt is awesome! If you live (or are visiting) the area you
should DEFINITELY ride these trails. I mean come on… John Foss
recommended these trails and he’s ridden Muni trails all over the world!
Be sure to get in touch with Adam to be your tour guide… he’s fortunate
enough to live right on the edge of the trails and rides twice a day
almost every day… and you couldn’t find a nicer, friendlier more
knowledgeable and accommodating (he didn’t mind waiting for me when I
needed breathers) tour guide than Adam.

Adam is doing a lot of exciting things to promote the sport, including
organizing many more Muni rides throughout the season. He is truly an
asset to our community.

Now that I’m getting into Coker Muni riding (is there a term for that?
CoMuni?), I look forward to meeting some of my fellow CoMuni enthusiasts
at a future Greenbelt Muni Ride or elsewhere. Even if you can’t make it
to an organized ride… or you just want to go for a Muni ride on the spur
of the moment… you can always get in touch with Adam (since he rides the
Greenbelt everyday and is always looking for other Cokernauts to ride
with) to go for a blast… and don’t forget to let me know, too . Thanks
again, Adam, for an absolutely incredible time. And thanks to your
lovely wife, Renie, as well…for the cold drink and the warm greetings…
it is always a pleasure to see you guys!

--
HardcoreCokerRider - Skateparks, MTB & Urban Insanity
HardcoreCokerRider's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/8529

Old May 18th 05, 11:37 PM
JustOneWheel

My pleasure to have you Andrew. Your riding was very impressive
especially for a first time Muni rider. I look forward to having you at
future rides. Andrew is also involved in many projects with respect to
bringing the sport of unicycling to the masses. All the unique ideas
motivation and contacts will make it happen.
The Long Island Greenbelt Muni rides have just begun.
Look to the forum within the next day and I will post the next ride.

If anyone is interested in doing a muni ride on a date other than a
scheduled ride please let me know.

--
JustOneWheel - Every One Should Ride One
JustOneWheel's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/9237