Loose Parts

Old August 28th 03, 04:00 AM
chirokid

Default Loose Parts

Klaas Bil wrote:
*(I had followed someone's advice in this group, possibly
John Childs, to tighten the bearing bolts only so much that the wheel
still spun freely, but I then discovered I had taken that a bit too
literally.) Klaas Bil
*

I assume a drop of loctite would solve this problem. Is there a reason
NOT to put loctite on this bearing holder bolts/nuts? Or, is it a good
idea? --chirokid--

--
chirokid

"Unicycling can make you proud then humble in very quick succession."
Mikefule

chirokid's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/4140

Old August 28th 03, 04:14 AM
john_childs

chirokid wrote:
*

I assume a drop of loctite would solve this problem. Is there a
reason NOT to put loctite on this bearing holder bolts/nuts? Or, is
it a good idea? --chirokid-- *

Yup, a little Loctite on the bearing holder nuts will help keep them
from vibrating loose. On the bearing holder nuts it isn't necessary to
reapply the Loctite every time you remove the wheel. Just having dried
Loctite in the threads of the nut will keep the nut snug and keep it
from vibrating loose. You can reapply the Loctite every time you adjust
the bearing holder nuts, but it's not totally necessary.

Damn! I got tricked into mentioning Loctite in this thread.

--
john_childs - Guinness Mojo

john_childs (at) hotmail (dot) com