Street Discussion Thread.

Old June 15th 07, 03:11 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
wickedbob

Default Street Discussion Thread.

Holy crap go you!

--
wickedbob

I am a bad speller! "Precision is as much a mindset as it is a
skill"-Loren
*R.I.P Johnny Hart*
*R.I.P Mitch Hedberg*

Ducttape wrote:
not gonna show you it tonight becasue I am going to play with it until I
go to bed to get it just right.........

http://www.usenet.com
Old June 15th 07, 03:20 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
rab2009

zfreak220 wrote:
well, if you need someone to give a prototype to...

do you guys think that we should standardize stairsets? like have
certain height and length requirements for a set to be called an 8-set
or something.

you could have a range for a total height and a range for a total
length. That way if you wanted to you could build a ramp to spec that
is smooth and has not steps just to practice on and it would be saffer
for practicing new distances.

--
rab2009
http://www.usenet.com
Old June 15th 07, 07:12 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
James_Potter

Luke Collalto wrote:
No, that's rediculous. Steps are all pretty much the same.

I agree that it's ridiculous, but I disagree that steps are all the
same...7 wide shallow steps can be harder to gap than 8 skinny steep
steps, for example.

--
James_Potter

i still believe that all you need is love...john
lennon
'*mikael atkinson*' (http://tinyurl.com/dk2de)
mdotedotatkinsonatgmaildotcom
President of the 'MRIS' (http://tinyurl.com/dk2de)
*♥ Unicycle For Peace ♥*
http://www.usenet.com
Old June 15th 07, 07:35 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
ivan

You can maybe divide the steps into different categories. Like
'Hardcore' category (20-30cm height, 5-7cm width), 'Pansy' category
1-2cm height, 10-20cm width), etc. Then you could say I triple-flipped
a hardcore 10-set two days ago(you can say that in the trade section,
"crutches wanted" thread). Or you could say I rolled down a pansy
two-set(In the "Today I..." brag thead). You get the idea.

Different sub-categories for different types of sets. But it would need
to be standardised for better cross-referencing and understanding. Then
we could supply the specs to the building companies, just so they know
the proper way of bulding stairs. Yeah...

--
ivan

How's my attitude, dirt bag?entropy isn't what it used to
be.
http://www.usenet.com
Old June 15th 07, 07:59 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
tugboat

I agree wth Luke, all stairs are pretty much the same. And any time
someone is doing something foolish, it is usually accompanied by a
video, in which case you can judge it by yourself. From the videos,
you can tell whose varial flip down and 8 set is bigger. The same goes
for the style of a person. We don't categorize that. You watch a
video and figure out from that how smooth they are and how good it
looks. That's how you can differentiate one person's trick from
another, don't worry about trying to label it.

Kevin McMullin

--
tugboat

"You won't get hurt if you land it!"
'Bedford Unicycles' (http://www.bedfordunicycles.ca)
'Kris Holm Unicycles' (http://www.krisholm.com)
http://www.usenet.com
Old June 15th 07, 08:21 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Uniman_3

yeah..
like a unispin..some people get really high when they do one and some
just get barely off of the ground...

--
Uniman_3

Words are made to strike the minds of the unsuspecting.
http://www.usenet.com
Old June 15th 07, 09:04 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
The.Mars.Volta

woah, this thread been here nearly over a months, and this is the first
time i've ever seen it... how odd, as i come on almost everyday
i love street, i learnt how to catch crankflips early down three. not
that good but oh well, but i hurt myself 2 before getting it on film.
pedals kept hitting me in the same spot really hard in the calf, owww.

--
The.Mars.Volta

'Kidmuni.com' (http://www.kidmuni.com/Home)
'My Gallery' (http://tinyurl.com/2lotu6)
'YouTube Account' (http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=jtbatool)
juggle508 wrote:
I know why Tomsey is so good at backs and why Shaun owns at normal
flips.
It has to do with the gravitational pull. Like how the toilet flushes
in the opposite direction down there. Well its easier down there to
flip backwards then forwards

http://www.usenet.com
Old June 15th 07, 09:41 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Spencer Hochberg

Spencer Hochberg wrote:
Yeah it is, they just slide on and off when the crank is off. I don't
know if you would have to replace it with another spacer or if the
crank will just go on more. I haven't have any problems with leaving
them on though.

Of course I say that then later I went to ride again and the bearing
protector things are rubbing on my bearing holders, its really
annoying. I took one off but I need another spacer in there or the
bearing doesnt stay there and the frame moves all over the place, so I
put it back on.

--
Spencer Hochberg

'BC wheel movie.'
(http://www.unicyclist.com/forums/showthread.php?t=56195) Watch
it.
'Bedford Unicycles' (http://BedfordUnicycles.ca)
AIM: SpencerHochberg
http://www.usenet.com
Old June 15th 07, 09:49 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Luke Collalto

The.Mars.Volta wrote:
woah, this thread been here nearly over a months, and this is the first
time i've ever seen it... how odd, as i come on almost everyday
i love street, i learnt how to catch crankflips early down three. not
that good but oh well, but i hurt myself 2 before getting it on film.
pedals kept hitting me in the same spot really hard in the calf, owww.

That's great, catching early helps alot. You should start doing smaller
sets and eventualy flat. Also, what's your name?

--
Luke Collalto

'Videos'
(http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=TeamInsomnia)
'KHU' (http://www.krisholm.com)
'UDC Australia' (http://www.unicycle.au.com)

Stealth, Is always in fashion.
http://www.usenet.com
Old June 15th 07, 01:29 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Lucas1wheel

yeh i can sort of catch flips early, definetly is easier and feels good
when you cach one cleanly, but have you lot re learnt em for each
individual flip trick ?

--
Lucas1wheel

Lucas1Wheel -I am really up for S.L.U.T.S
MrBoogieJuice -Keep it to yourself thankyou very much.
1st Freestyle, 3rd/2nd Street, 2nd Video, 4th Trials
QU AX Unicycles ---- http://www.bigtopmania.co.uk
PLAIN LAZY CLOTHING!
http://www.usenet.com