Would you support a "stick shift only" drivers license?

Old May 26th 10, 10:09 AM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent,uk.rec.cycling,rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.soc,misc.consumers.frugal-living
bugbear

Default Would you support a "stick shift only" drivers license?

Geoff Pearson wrote:

"bugbear" wrote in message
o.uk...
His Highness the TibetanMonkey, ComandanteBanana and Chief of Quixotic
Enterprises wrote:
In most parts of the world driving means "stick shift," not automatic,
which even a monkey can do. The result is that obviously we got a
bunch of monkeys driving, some of them wanting to be "king of the
road" and driving SUVs... Of course, this "automatic pilot" driving
facilitates all the other crazy stuff such as: TALKING ON THE PHONE,
NO SIGNAL LIGHTS, ZIGZAGGING, which makes driving such a game of
Russian Roulette...

So is this IDIOCRACY reversible, or we just have to live with it?

Hmm. Perhaps a license obtained by a test in an automatic
shouldn't allow you to drive a stick shift (AKA manual).

;-)

BugBear

In the UK you can get an automatic only license - but you can't drive a
car with a gear lever and clutch. But anyone who can drive a manual car
can drive an automatic.

Er. Yes. That was rather my point.

Perhaps I'm too subtle for USENET.

BugBear
Old June 8th 10, 06:34 AM
JaxRhapsody JaxRhapsody is offline
Junior Member

Location: Louisville, KY
Send a message via MSN to JaxRhapsody Send a message via Yahoo to JaxRhapsody

Quote:
Originally Posted by bugbear View Post

Enterprises wrote:
[...]

I'm all for this! Driving a standard is real driving.
__________________
The Jax Rhapsody, Rhapsodic Laviathan. Man behind the fro with tinted sunglasses.
Old June 8th 10, 02:53 PM posted to rec.bicycles.misc

On Jun 8, 1:34*am, JaxRhapsody
wrote:

news:Puedne5obuV9CmbWnZ2dnUVZ8hWdnZ2d@brightview. co.uk...-

Enterprises wrote:-
[...]

Exactly, send the lazy drivers home to enjoy the hammock and the
birds, while we go out and have real fun, whether that's driving real
cars or biking.

I just wrote this elsewhere...

(Here I explain this laid-back lifestyle to this "agnostic," so to
speak)

On Jun 8, 6:33 am, e_space wrote:
why not put your hammock in your cage? ... i thought you were scared
to leave it anyway ... no?

I don't think going to the backyard, just outside the cage, is a high
risk move.

We have some nice neighbors and the predators haven taken over the
jungle completely. When I write on the computer (now) I'm in cage,
bars on the window, but I open the windows to save energy and hear the
birds outside.

Birds have a special kind of FREEDOM not enjoyed by other animals.

(Notice the phrase: "They have lots of SPACE)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XvETCQiUCv4