Trike Speedometer

Old February 11th 07, 03:33 AM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent

Default Trike Speedometer

Hello,

I'm so effen sick of winter. I can't wait for the weather to get nicer
so I can get out on my trike.

I'd like to purchase a speedometer. Do any of the trikers here have
any advice for me before I purchase one of the things? Recommendations?

Old February 11th 07, 10:40 AM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent
Jeff Grippe

I like the Planet Bike models because they show four different things at
once.

If you really want to spend the $$$'s you could go with one of the GPS based
things made by Garmin. The problem with them is you have to wait for the
unit to find the GPS Satellites before you can begin riding. When you have
one of these things, however, you can upload the data to your pc and use
software by a company called "Motion Based". This will give you lots of data
about your ride such as a map, a chart showing changes in elevation, a chart
showing average speed during different segments of the ride, etc. There is
even an interface between Motion Based and Google Earth so you can print out
an incredibly detailed street map of your ride.

Also, these things are GPS devices. You can program in important points like
"home" or the hotel where you happen to be staying. The thing can then give
you turn by turn directions to that location. It is not like an automobile
GPS. The entire interface is only the size of a watch so the turn by turn
directions are just done with little blinking icons. Still it gives you that
ability to go someplace unfamiliar, mark you starting point, get lost on
your trike, and then find your way back.

Jeff
ups.com...

Old February 11th 07, 02:03 PM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent

I got an excellent Pan-O-Ram here on ARBR that had nice large
numbers. Pan-O-Ram discontinued that model and the others were all
too small to see; so I did not get a replacement when the Pan-O-Ram
wore out.

If another speedometer becomes available with large numbers; please
let us know!

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ ^^^^^^^^^

Old February 11th 07, 02:18 PM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent
Edward Dolan

"Jeff Grippe" wrote in message

ALL TOP POSTERS ARE IDIOTS! NOR DOES HE EVEN INCLUDE ANY OF THE PREVIOUS
POST TO WHICH HE IS RESPONDING. WHAT A ****ING IDIOT!

[...]

Heaven's to Betsy, just use any old paper map. All you have to be is
literate and have a brain in your head.

The question arises as to just how stupid can you get. The day I need a GPS
device is the day I will need a new brain. I never cease to be amazed at
just how stupid people can get.

Regards,

Ed Dolan the Great - Minnesota
aka

Old February 11th 07, 02:48 PM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent
Edward Dolan

wrote in message
oups.com...

ALL TOP POSTERS ARE IDIOTS!

I got an excellent Pan-O-Ram here on ARBR that had nice large
numbers. Pan-O-Ram discontinued that model and the others were all
too small to see; so I did not get a replacement when the Pan-O-Ram
wore out.

If another speedometer becomes available with large numbers; please
let us know!

You bet, since you obviously have more money than brains.

By the way, why don't you go screw yourself instead of cluttering up this
group with your moronic posts. I don't believe you have ever yet said
anything that would interest one so Great as Myself.

Speedometer on bike... footybet.net UK 1 June 13th 05 01:43 PM
Wireless speedometer Gizmo Mountain Biking 11 May 5th 05 10:58 PM
Stewart Warner speedometer. Lenny Techniques 6 September 8th 04 05:45 PM
Speedometer cutout at 60 km/h? Dan Australia 6 February 18th 04 11:05 AM
setting speedometer schwinn dale General 3 July 28th 03 11:28 PM