Pantomime horse on two unicycles... Possible?

Old February 23rd 07, 04:48 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
rob.northcott

Default Pantomime horse on two unicycles... Possible?

Just something I keep thinking about that would look cool in a parade or
whatever.

Has anybody tried it, or know of anybody trying it? I couldn't find
anything with the usual quick googling but I can't help thinking
somebody must have at least tried it. I would imagine balancing might
be interesting for the rear person because of the bent-over position
and limited opportunity to swivel, but perhaps holding onto the front
rider's waist would help. I'd try it (naked - well, without a horse
costume) if there was another unicyclist around...

So, anybody done it before?

Rob

--
rob.northcott

'Dartmoor Muni Weekend'
(http://www.unicyclist.com/forums/showthread.php?t=46116) - Last
weekend in May 2006
'Same again this year anyone?'
(http://www.unicyclist.com/forums/showthread.php?t=57785) It'll be
dry, I promise.

Old February 23rd 07, 07:40 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Danny Colyer

rob.northcott wrote:
Has anybody tried it, or know of anybody trying it? I couldn't find
anything with the usual quick googling but I can't help thinking
somebody must have at least tried it. I would imagine balancing might
be interesting for the rear person because of the bent-over position
and limited opportunity to swivel, but perhaps holding onto the front
rider's waist would help. I'd try it (naked - well, without a horse
costume) if there was another unicyclist around...

So, anybody done it before?

Although it's not the same, this made me think of the time that members
of the Tunbridge Wells Juggling Club entered the annual Pantiles Sedan
Chair Race on unicycles:
http://www.colyer.plus.com/z-960830sedan.jpg

(I'm on the corner that you can't see - you can just about make out my
wheel).

I'm sure it would have been quite doable if we'd had a chance to
practice with the sedan chair before the race. As it was, we had
enormous problems trying to mount in synch while picking up the chair
(if we didn't all mount together then we'd have someone trying to
backpedal while someone else was trying to start riding forwards and it
all got a bit messy). Limited ability to swivel was also a significant
problem.

I reckon a pantomime horse would have similar problems, but far less
severe. There would be half as many unicyclists to co-ordinate and
they would be carrying far less weight (a pantomime horse costume
hopefully weighing a fair bit less than a sedan chair with a girl in
it).

Riding bent over isn't difficult. I think the biggest problem would be
the one you mentioned about the back rider being restricted on his
swivelling. I believe it should be quite doable though, and I'd be
keen to try it.

--
Danny Colyer

http://www.colyer.plus.com/danny/
Danny Colyer's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/11637

Old February 24th 07, 12:08 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
James_Potter

To avoid the bent over situation you could do either a camel or a
Pushmi-Pullyu...it'd be easy enough, I think.

--
James_Potter

i still believe that all you need is love...john
lennon
'*mikael atkinson*' (http://www.barefoothippie.com)
mdotedotatkinsonatgmaildotcom
President of the 'MRIS' (http://tinyurl.com/dk2de)
*♥ Unicycle For Peace ♥*
-last edited by skrobo : today at 11:41 am.-

Old February 24th 07, 12:09 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
dan de man

sort of on the subject

me ,gabe, tom and owen are gunna be making a cardboard car (car sized
to)
then we are gunna "drive" it through a drive through
(reasosn wait until wang dynastey is out ) hahaha

--
dan de man

monkeyman wrote:
You know how sometimes, when someone posts something by banging their
face into the keyboard, I say something along the lines of "I can't
understand you"?
Well...I literally have no idea what you're saying. Are you drunk?

....oo
WWFSMD
dan de man's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/11403

Old February 24th 07, 02:40 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
James_Potter

dan de man wrote:
sort of on the subject

me ,gabe, tom and owen are gunna be making a cardboard car (car sized
to)
then we are gunna "drive" it through a drive through
(reasosn wait until wang dynastey is out ) hahaha

that's gonna be SWEET...be sure to film it.

Old February 24th 07, 01:26 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
wheeliemaster

There is a Laurel and Hardy episode where they do exactly that. First
though they are on a tandem bicycle. Then they go into a tunnel where
a bus is coming the other way. When they come out the other side, the
bike is "split in half" but the 2 guys are on unicycles, still in the
horse outfit.
The episode is called "Another Fine Mess".

--
wheeliemaster
wheeliemaster's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/10962

Old February 24th 07, 01:37 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Hazmat

Is this what you had in mind???

|Filename: Custom Unicycles.JPG |

Hazmat

1 weird and unusual greek cypriot australian
Hazmat's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/13828

Old February 25th 07, 05:09 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
wobbling bear

funny you mentionned that: it's exactly an old tee-shirt design for our
uni group
(I posted it a long time ago but could not find the post again)

--
wobbling bear

One Wheel : bear necessity
wobbling bear's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/3716

Old February 25th 07, 08:44 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
sarah.miller

I think Tall Paul and Miark may have done it back in 2000 at the BJC
parade. Well IIRC it was a cow rather than a horse, but teh principles
teh same. If you can find a costume I'm up fpr trying it in teh
princetown carnival!

--
sarah.miller

South West Unicycle Meet
www.uk.unicyclist.com/swum.html
sarah.miller's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/1694

Old February 25th 07, 08:51 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
nickjb

We took one skiing last year:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u_MN6pVweMc

unicycling shouldn't be too tricky.

--
nickjb
nickjb's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/1074

Horse Regulations??? What the hell is going on here??? Joe King Racing 9 September 18th 06 05:23 AM
Going to Durango for the Iron Horse? Carey Unicycling 0 April 13th 06 01:44 AM
horse leo Unicycling 0 February 18th 06 12:21 AM
Another BEDFORD UNICYCLES sale on KH UNICYCLES Darren Unicycling 7 November 24th 05 11:42 PM
Horse Thief Bench just a guy that likes to ride in the dirt Mountain Biking 26 January 28th 05 04:44 AM