Today I... (brag thread)

Old April 10th 08, 11:55 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Hazmat

Default Today I... (brag thread)

chuckaeronut wrote:
Today rode my ungeared coker really fast ! (Faster than I've ever
ridden it before for any real length of time, anyway!) 6.3 miles
averaging 17.3, mostly between 18 and 20 with spurts of 21! (Yeah,
there were stoplights in there... and no, they aren't part of the
average! )

You might *someday *reach mine and Madison speed record.

--
Hazmat

1 WEIRD AND UNUSUAL GREEK
CYPRIOT AUSTRALIAN WHO
IS DESTINED TO BE DIFFERENT AND I WON'T STOP TILL I AM.

' My kind of driving with my favourite car.'
(http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K-F_FpRBm6c)

'Can't wait till this game is finally released.'
(http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tcuZlRC3dYM)
http://www.usenet.com
Old April 10th 08, 02:24 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
surfer1024

1wheelwonder wrote:
explain surfer1024

I rolling hopped up 2.3 feet onto this thin guard rail then jumped to
this box behind it. It looks cooler in person than I can describe it.

--
surfer1024

*)--SmallSpin-'O,* 1st Place)---hickflip-'O,
Latest Vid: My flips
http://tinyurl.com/2bw3n8
http://www.usenet.com
Old April 10th 08, 04:58 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Brian O.

Hazmat wrote:
You might *someday *reach mine and Madison speed record.

How fast do you claim to ride, Hazmat? Wasn't your speed record on that
custom 40" you made? Thats not fair against a 36' wheel.

--
Brian O.

*'ProjectUNI' (http://www.projectuni.com) - *The First Serious Unicycle
Computer Game* - -ProjectUNI update available 'here!'
(http://projectuni.com/#lightbox3)-* - Join the 'discussion.'
(http://www.projectuni.com/forum)
http://www.usenet.com
Old April 11th 08, 01:18 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Ducttape

Brian O. wrote:
How fast do you claim to ride, Hazmat? Wasn't your speed record on that
custom 40" you made? Thats not fair against a 36' wheel.

I don't remember what his was, but my current record on my 36'er is a
quarter mile or so sprint of 23.5mph on a downhill, on flat he
definitely has me beat I've only ever reached sprints of 19mph on
flat(he being Chuck)

--
Ducttape

'-*buy my shirts*-'
(www.zazzle.com/ducttapesunicycle*)
'*watch my videos*'
(http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=ducttapesunicycle)
'*uniman comics*'
'*original thread for uniman*'
*'sigged quotes' (http://tinyurl.com/29b744)*
Old April 11th 08, 04:47 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
costo

Today was the reception and the first rides of my new KH 29 uni...
woohoo, that thing flies after a 20"
(yeah, I know what you freaks will say : "get ready for the 36" )

--
costo

(20" Nimbus ISIS Trials w/ KH 125 & shaved CC | 24" QU-AX Standard | 29"
KH XC 2007 - BA 2.3)
{36" Coker v2 | Schlumpf for the KH 29"}
()=my unis {}=dream
Old April 11th 08, 08:23 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
1wheelwonder

surfer1024 wrote:
I rolling hopped up 2.3 feet onto this thin guard rail then jumped to
this box behind it. It looks cooler in person than I can describe it.

awesome

--
1wheelwonder

COOKIE!
Old April 11th 08, 09:04 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
saskatchewanian

Today I wrote two finals, finished a final project for GIS, hired 9
people, turned down 3, gave blood, had a fight with my boss, discussed
my academic future with the department head, towed two people out of a
mud hole, got my house mate a ride to Saskatoon, Got a couple leads on
a new cook, started the process for getting a foreign worker a visa to
come work for me here in Canada, spent way to long in the school
computer room, and sold a bike.

Unfortunately I never got out unicycing. It was raining anyway.

gah, I am looking forward to the weekend but then I need to help make
sure that my own ring ceremony (convocation) goes smoothly.

Looking forward to the end of the month.

--
saskatchewanian
Old April 11th 08, 09:11 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
1wheelwonder

you sure you did that all in one day???? That would take me five months
at least!

--
1wheelwonder

COOKIE!
Old April 11th 08, 09:37 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
saskatchewanian

1wheelwonder wrote:
you sure you did that all in one day???? That would take me five months
at least!

well in 24 hours, it is 2:30 AM right now but yah I did most of it
before midnight.

--
saskatchewanian
Old April 11th 08, 10:56 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
johnfoss

Today I rode 26 miles without a dismount or dab. My previous record was
24 miles. I don't know why I chose to do it *today* though. I had just
put 114mm cranks on the Coker for the first time; first-ever riding my
Coker with cranks shorter than 125. It felt great for the first few
miles, I realized I'd gotten pretty far without even wanting to stop,
so went for it.

But after a couple of weeks of only riding the Schlumpf 36er with 150mm
cranks, my legs weren't used to all that pedaling and after a while my
calves started to spasm. Plus my air seat, which I thought was so
great, isn't so great for non-stop riding. The last few miles were a
bit of torture. When my cyclometer hit 26.00 miles I immediately
stopped and waited to see if I would cramp up there and then (7 miles
from home). Fortunately not, but the rest of the ride was hard as well.
Only one more dismount, at a light, followed by an unexpected one about
1/2 mile from my house, when my calves just suddenly started turning on
and off randomly. I finished the ride though and now we'll see what the
calves feel like tomorrow...

--
johnfoss

John Foss

Man with broken collar bone say: "Have you checked your shoelaces
lately?"