Broken Rim?

Old October 5th 05, 09:23 PM
UNIquelyCanadian

Default Broken Rim?

VersatileWhale Wrote:
I was riding my KH Trials 05 today and I i did a large sideways jump off
a ledge and the upper part of my rim peeled off and got bent outwards
and the innertube buldged out. Does anyone know what i mean by the
"top part" it is like a 3/4 inch part of the rim that got bent way
outwards. Anyways my question is: is that permanent damage or can i
fix this somehow. Also is this the best rim or should I opt to get a
higher quality one. Thanks
Eric

The damage is permanent. However, you could contact the place where you
bought the unicycle. It may be under warrenty. Am I right to assume the
part where it pealed was above the "groove"?

As I've said befo "The groove was to to make hydraulic brakes
“squeak” when the pads wear too low. (Or something) Consequentially the
groove made the side wall very weak, however for me the problem has
been rectified. As far as I know most of the KH20 05's are now shipped
with new KH rims without the groove, I use the new KH rim without the
groove."

I don't do very extreme stuff but did break two of the rims, under
warranty, with the groove in them; the new KH rim is holding up great.

I am really happy with the newer KH rim (without the groove).

--
UNIquelyCanadian

"If you're looking for truth, don't look inside yourself --You're the
one who's confused in the first place!"
- Frank Peretti

"Paint or get off the ladder!"
UNIquelyCanadian's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/7524

Broken Unicycle Parts Count UNIquelyCanadian Unicycling 23 May 11th 06 10:06 PM
Laff at me Steve Racing 10 October 14th 05 03:02 AM
Broken KH Fusion Saddle Allready?! munimanpete Unicycling 14 July 13th 05 03:47 AM
Riding wheel with broken spokes, rebuilding same Michael Rasmussen Techniques 22 December 23rd 04 04:11 PM
Anyone dealt with a broken fibula? Dora Smith General 20 July 30th 04 01:00 AM