Einstein played dice with the universe

Old March 23rd 07, 06:21 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Ryan Cousineau

Default Einstein played dice with the universe

On Mar 17, 1:17 pm, "ilan" wrote:
On Mar 17, 8:40 pm, "Kurgan Gringioni" wrote:

On Mar 17, 10:35 am, "
wrote:

Conceptual breakthroughs are very important; I don't
know exactly how one would evaluate "technical prowess"
in physics. Nevertheless, even Einstein admitted
that he was no Einstein.

Ben

Dumbass -

What he did was so very impressive because it altered mankind's
understanding of the universe. That's a rare thing.

A brilliant orator can come off as much more intelligent. For example,
ever hear Jim Lampley
ad-lib? They don't let him do it when doing TV broadcasts, but
sometimes you'll hear it on radio. He'll effortlessly throw out two or
three words per paragraph that you've never heard of and he uses them
in context. The guy's obviously brilliant and anyone who heard an
anonymous recording of him, then an anonymous recording of Einstein
speaking would probably think Lampley was the smarter. And he is, in a
certain type of intelligence, but he didn't change mankind's
understanding of the universe either.

IMO, the person who's name should be synonymous with pure genius is
Leonardo di Vinci. I wonder what his personal presence was like.

thanks,

K. Gringioni.

Well, one of the funniest things I ever heard on TV was Jim Lampley
reporting on Wimbledon and when he came
to some women's player called Frasier who lost in an early round, he
said right after "Down goes Frasier, Down goes Frasier!"
Just to compare with other commentators, no one thought of that when
Paula Newby Frasier fell down in the last km's of the Hawaii Ironman.

On the other hand, I have heard Albert Einstein ad libbing, and it was
quite good. You can hear it in the extras of the DVD's
of the Simpsons first season. Check it out.

No doubt. Does his brother Bob Einstein do any appearances?

Ah, I think our joke could use a footnote:

http://tinyurl.com/2eg32v

(Tinyurl used to avoid spoiling the joke; it's just a Wikipedia link).