Bus driver pushing around bicycles

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old August 19th 11, 03:59 PM posted to rec.bicycles.misc
His Highness the TibetanMonkey, the Beach Cruiser Philosopher[_2_]

Default Bus driver pushing around bicycles

I think the average driver of buses is far better trained than the average driver, and that's why they disappoint me when they engage in a rat race with bicycles. We were struggling with this bus for a mile, us trying to stay away from his fumes, and him pushing us every time we got around him. It's not who's right or wrong, but simply a matter of courtesy and common sense.. We are slow vehicles with a trailer and they have another lane. Do drivers think that much about the needs of cyclists?

Massive amounts of carbon monoxide are bad for you and so being hit by a bus. In this same place a bus driver hit a cyclist and then told the passengers not to say anything... It almost sounds comical since they got a camera on board, but he tried to be a hit and run.

A BIKE LANE would simplify things but things like that sound almost Utopian around here. I'm told they'll be here by 2025, but I'm not a fan of the future. We decided to make life a beach and we did. Mission accomplished.

I propose that where there's no bike lanes you simply take the lane. The trailer helps add mass to the argument. OVER MY DEAD BODY.