A Cycling & bikes forum. CycleBanter.com

Go Back   Home » CycleBanter.com forum » rec.bicycles » General
Site Map Home Register Authors List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Web Partners

Bus driver pushing around bicycles

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old August 19th 11, 03:59 PM posted to rec.bicycles.misc
His Highness the TibetanMonkey, the Beach Cruiser Philosopher[_2_]
external usenet poster

Default Bus driver pushing around bicycles

I think the average driver of buses is far better trained than the average driver, and that's why they disappoint me when they engage in a rat race with bicycles. We were struggling with this bus for a mile, us trying to stay away from his fumes, and him pushing us every time we got around him. It's not who's right or wrong, but simply a matter of courtesy and common sense.. We are slow vehicles with a trailer and they have another lane. Do drivers think that much about the needs of cyclists?

Massive amounts of carbon monoxide are bad for you and so being hit by a bus. In this same place a bus driver hit a cyclist and then told the passengers not to say anything... It almost sounds comical since they got a camera on board, but he tried to be a hit and run.

A BIKE LANE would simplify things but things like that sound almost Utopian around here. I'm told they'll be here by 2025, but I'm not a fan of the future. We decided to make life a beach and we did. Mission accomplished.

I propose that where there's no bike lanes you simply take the lane. The trailer helps add mass to the argument. OVER MY DEAD BODY.

---------------------------------------------

http://webspawner.com/users/BANANAREVOLUTION