Did Discovery buy a Lemon?

Old April 5th 05, 02:49 PM
gym.gravity

No. He doesn't have to win anymore. He just has to go down swinging,
generate lots of hype (april 18th...(giro and retirement speculation?
worlds? hour?)), and never test positive.

The rest of the team needs to step up and win.

Old April 5th 05, 03:33 PM
Jet

On 5 Apr 2005 06:49:18 -0700, "gym.gravity" wrote:

No. He doesn't have to win anymore. He just has to go down swinging,
generate lots of hype (april 18th...(giro and retirement speculation?
worlds? hour?)), and never test positive.

The rest of the team needs to step up and win.

Bravo. My brother and I were talking about 'what keeps Lance riding'.

It's simple and he told us the reason. He still likes to ride the bike and
suffer, as he told Mart Smeets. He no longer has to prove himself to get a
slot on a pro team, he can go out and ride and enjoy the racing...and the
suffering. I hope he can let himself do that very thing. I'm looking at
Boonen and Dekker and Petacchi and Kloden and maybe Basso and McEwen in the
05 tour for some great riding. Heck maybe we'll see some great riding out
of Ullrich. In fact with the Armstrong team no longer dominating the tour,
should they not, it will be an exciting tour for a change.

jj

Old April 19th 05, 03:13 AM
crit PRO

How about............now?