Why do my hard earned tax dollars support a bike team?

Old July 7th 04, 04:58 PM
Ronde Champ

Default Why do my hard earned tax dollars support a bike team?

Hey,

Why does the US federal Government support a bike team in France? I
work hard for my money, and think the taxes I pay could be better
used. What a Boondoggle!

Thanks,
Ronde Champ
Old July 7th 04, 05:03 PM
Bob in CT

On 7 Jul 2004 08:58:13 -0700, Ronde Champ wrote:

Hey,

Why does the US federal Government support a bike team in France? I
work hard for my money, and think the taxes I pay could be better
used. What a Boondoggle!

Thanks,
Ronde Champ

Actually, the US Postal service is entirely run from funds received from
postage. If you don't want your hard earned money to go to the US Postal
team, don't mail anything.

--
Bob in CT
Remove ".x" to reply
Old July 7th 04, 06:28 PM
David Off

Ronde Champ wrote:

I work hard for my money

no you don't, you spend most of the day on r.b.r
Old July 7th 04, 10:27 PM
Chris

"Alex Rodriguez" wrote in message

For the money they spend, they get an excellent
return on investment. So they continued to do so until ignorant folks
started to complain.

Who do you suppose you are talking to?

Old July 7th 04, 10:27 PM
curt

"Bob in CT" wrote in message
news
On 7 Jul 2004 08:58:13 -0700, Ronde Champ wrote:

Hey,

Why does the US federal Government support a bike team in France? I
work hard for my money, and think the taxes I pay could be better
used. What a Boondoggle!

Thanks,
Ronde Champ

Actually, the US Postal service is entirely run from funds received from
postage. If you don't want your hard earned money to go to the US Postal
team, don't mail anything.

--
Bob in CT
Remove ".x" to reply

Bob, this guy doesn't understand that. He is really not all there. He
spreads so much crap around on this board and for some reason people reply
to him. Best thing to do is put him on ignore.

Curt

Old July 7th 04, 10:37 PM
Bob in CT

On Wed, 07 Jul 2004 21:27:58 GMT, curt wrote:

"Bob in CT" wrote in message
news
[...]

Ahhhh, ok. It's been a while since I came here, because the place is like
the MFW boards -- they eat you alive sometimes, usually over nothing.

--
Bob in CT
Remove ".x" to reply
Old July 8th 04, 03:14 AM
chris

I doubt most of the D3 pro's make enough to be taxed anyway. Sure
they take the taxes out, but you should get that all back. If not,
then you should spend time talking to an accountant and less talking
about all the money you're losing, because technically, just being a
pro bike racer in the U.S. is losing you money.

CH

Old July 8th 04, 03:38 AM
K. J. Papai

Bob in CT wrote in message ...
On 7 Jul 2004 08:58:13 -0700, Ronde Champ wrote:

Hey,

Why does the US federal Government support a bike team in France? I
work hard for my money, and think the taxes I pay could be better
used. What a Boondoggle!

Thanks,
Ronde Champ

Actually, the US Postal service is entirely run from funds received from
postage. If you don't want your hard earned money to go to the US Postal
team, don't mail anything.

DUDE -- you're being trolled.

Old July 8th 04, 03:57 AM
Shussbar

Like any other company, you have to advertise to get more business. USPS
wanted to get more customers in Europe to use their service

I wonder how you could use the USPS services in Europe??? Each country has it s
own postal services, most of the time a Federal Agency or close, so the
advertisement reason is void for Europe. Works only for USA