Redgrave's VO2max?

Old August 30th 06, 09:26 AM posted to rec.sport.rowing,rec.bicycles.racing
Donald Munro

Default Redgrave's VO2max?

Sue wrote:
rbr, but I might have to look at rsr a bit. someone was even talking
about bird lungs. was that rbr or rsr? My claim to bird physiology fame
is I'm one of the few people in the world to have exercised an Emu on
treadmills. Now there is a dumb animal.

Was she a blonde emu ?

Old August 30th 06, 02:10 PM posted to rec.sport.rowing,rec.bicycles.racing
RonSonic

On 29 Aug 2006 21:11:02 -0700, "
wrote:

Robert Chung wrote:
Robert Chung wrote:
Sue wrote:
rbr, but I might have to look at rsr a bit. someone was even talking
about bird lungs. was that rbr or rsr? My claim to bird physiology fame
is I'm one of the few people in the world to have exercised an Emu on
treadmills. Now there is a dumb animal.

What was its VO2Max, and how did it compare with Redgrave?

Also, what was its IQ, and how did it compare with Redgrave?

Dumbass,

It's not a fair comparison. Emus are only about 40 kg,
so you'd have to normalize by body weight. You should be
comparing Redgrave to an ostrich - ostriches are
easily around 100 kg. Emus are more like Paolo Bettini
or one of those mini Spanish climbers, although I honestly
don't know if emus are better at climbing or sprinting.

I think they're more like Bettini, a sprinter.

I also am not sure which of the ostrich and emu is known
for sprinting versus endurance, although they both have the
reputation of being pretty good time trialists. However,
probably no emu will ever win the Tour de France, as they
are rather sketchy in the pack. But fans of the emu should
take heart, as advances in genetic manipulation mean that
soon, an emu's genes may win the Tour de France.

And with every emu that sets foot on a treadmill that dread day comes closer.

Ron
Old August 30th 06, 09:02 PM posted to rec.sport.rowing,rec.bicycles.racing
John Mulholland

"Ewoud Dronkert" wrote in message
On 29 Aug 2006 07:46:08 -0700, wrote:
Sue wrote:
YOu guys brought me out of semi perma lurkerdom with this one.

Dr. Hopkins,
You should definitely post more often.

But was she lurking in rbr or rsr?

--
E. Dronkert

rspb

--
John Mulholland

Tom Danielson=Doper. crit pro Racing 25 September 7th 12 09:50 AM
VO2max, lactate profile test [email protected] Techniques 8 February 22nd 06 06:21 PM
VO2Max test DeF Australia 30 December 21st 05 09:58 AM
Did Discovery buy a Lemon? crit PRO Racing 92 April 19th 05 03:13 AM
For the Lance Believers Musashi Racing 53 March 12th 05 06:34 PM