Torker LX Tire Options

Old September 30th 08, 12:02 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
iAmVincent

Default Torker LX Tire Options

I thought it would be a good idea to list some of the larger tires that
people have gotten to fit onto an LX since threads on the subject seem
to be scattered. I bought a 26 x 2.35 Kenda Nevegal today that has
about 3-4mm of clearance from the top of the frame.

|Filename: DSC00127.JPG |

iAmVincent
Old September 30th 08, 02:23 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
skilewis74

I've seen a pic w/ a 2.6" Kenda Kinetics on the 24, it -just barely-
fit. Because of frame tolerances, it may not fit on all LX's.

--
skilewis74

Ride everywhere and never just ride anywhere. If you can ride where you
are going within a hour, do it, and if you can do a trick 50-75% of the
time do it along the way.- Bob Burnquist

What next? 'IUF skill levels'
(http://www.unicycling.org/iuf/levels/)*'
Street'
(http://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/The_Unicyclopedia/Street)*'unicycletips.com'
(http://unicycletips.com/)*'Trials class system'
(http://tinyurl.com/yqpvxk)*'Trials Building'
Old September 30th 08, 03:07 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
OneWheelLess

The frame is plenty wide for at least a 2.6, however, the frame is not
tall enough for a lot of tires. Some of us have gained about a quarter
inch by hammering in the underside of the crown.

--
OneWheelLess

Seriously, the other wheel just fell off one day.
Old September 30th 08, 03:09 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
_Ground_Zero_

Woah, that's cool. I'll have to think of a setup like that if I ever
want a 26" XC setup.

--
_Ground_Zero_

-Zero
)-2xLegwrap-O 3rd
Old October 8th 08, 04:15 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
psbagumba

I tried a Resolution 26x2.10 and wasn't very happy with it. The tread
sang a little bit each revolution as it rubbed the crown.

--
psbagumba

'http://www.friscounicycle.net' (http://www.friscounicycle.net/)
Old October 10th 08, 12:08 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
skilewis74

This is w/ the 26" LX frame, right?

Your rim may need to be trued. It could be that the tire isn't
perfectly round or isn't mounted exactly even on the rim.

Do you have a photo? By the pic of the LX on UDC, I'd think there'd be
plenty of space for a 2.1" on the 26.

Old October 10th 08, 02:31 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
OneWheelLess

skilewis74;1110374 wrote:
This is w/ the 26" LX frame, right?

Your rim may need to be trued. It could be that the tire isn't
perfectly round or isn't mounted exactly even on the rim.

Do you have a photo? By the pic of the LX on UDC, I'd think there'd be
plenty of space for a 2.1" on the 26.

Yeah.... Any lx I've seen should fit most 2.3's. Higher rounded profile
tires may require slight "modification" to the crown. I hammered it out
for another 1/4 inch or so of clearance. I ran tioga 2.3 downhill comp
tires and 2.35 maxxis swamp things (for mud)w/ out a problem.

--
OneWheelLess

Seriously, the other wheel just fell off one day.

Best 36" tire options? Carey Unicycling 11 September 9th 08 02:53 PM
please help miyata 24in tire options cmsustud19 Unicycling 4 July 19th 06 08:03 PM
Tire options on KH-29 Carey Unicycling 5 September 19th 05 03:33 AM
tire options for SUN28 inch unicycle uni_zorro Unicycling 2 June 6th 05 12:34 PM
2.5 tire on Torker? loosejello Unicycling 3 January 26th 05 11:59 PM