Epic 45 mile Coker *and* Muni after!

Old October 6th 08, 03:33 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Chrashing

Default Epic 45 mile Coker *and* Muni after!

I'm green with envy that you get to ride those California beaches, so
fine!

Great pictures, especially the colorful street scene.

--
Chrashing

Regards,
Ken

I've been flying.......
Old October 6th 08, 05:29 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Shug

Too fun ya'll. Man, I gotta get a 36'er and go for some of those long
rides. Sure would love to join you all someday!
Is the beach ride pretty flat and on paved path?
Enjoyed the pix and pizza. Also it is really nice to see the different
ages.
A common bond and passion overrides all that doesn't it.
Keep the trip reports coming.......
Is that a 20" muni or am I getting some kinda optical illusion from
looking at the 36'ers?......

--
Shug

Industrial Strength Chafing
Old October 6th 08, 05:48 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
MuniAddict

Shug;1108193 wrote:
Too fun ya'll. Man, I gotta get a 36'er and go for some of those long
rides. Sure would love to join you all someday!
Is the beach ride pretty flat and on paved path?
Enjoyed the pix and pizza. Also it is really nice to see the different
ages.
A common bond and passion overrides all that doesn't it.
Keep the trip reports coming.......
Is that a 20" muni or am I getting some kinda optical illusion from
looking at the 36'ers?......

Nope, both 24" KH MUnis. I loaned my orange one to Tyler for our
impromptu MUni ride. I was the oldest in our group of five, and I think
Mark is in his 40's, then Ryan is likely in his 30's, followed by Jeff
who's in his mid twenties and the Tyler who's 14. So yeah we had a
pretty wide range!

--
MuniAddict

'UniGeezer.com' (http://unigeezer.com/)
Old October 6th 08, 07:07 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
ThisGuyIKnow

I'm glad I turned back to make it a 30 mile ride, still a personal
record and I'll be feeling it tomorrow.

A great ride.

--
ThisGuyIKnow
Old October 6th 08, 08:27 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
curbrider

My previous distance record for a day , about 10 miles.
Today about 31 miles!
Tripple my record!

Very tired, going to bed.
Mark

--
curbrider

Mark
Old October 6th 08, 04:30 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
MuniAddict

curbrider;1108231 wrote:
My previous distance record for a day , about 10 miles.
Today about 31 miles!
Tripple my record!

Very tired, going to bed.
Mark

Great Job you guys!

Old October 6th 08, 05:28 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
1-wheeled-grape

Wow definitely sounded like an epic ride, especially with the muni
afterwards I wish I could come ride with you some day, that would
be cool

--
1-wheeled-grape

*this signature is pointless... do not **even bother reading it, it
would be a waste of time

you wasted your time didn't you?
*
Old October 6th 08, 07:34 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
MuniAddict

I was really kinda shocked when I weight myself this morning! After that
epic Coker & Muni ride, I fully expected to have LOST a couple pounds.
But I was FOUR pounds heavier! I use a doctor's scale and I keep it
calibrated and had weight myself on the same scale before the rides, and
I was 144. This morning I was 148!

Keep in mind this 45 mile 36er ride was not a walk in the park; we did
lots of spurts hitting 15-16mph, some climbing, and just kept up a good
consistent speed for the entire 45 miles, with only one real stop and
that was for lunch. I had a slice of pizza and water.

Then the MUni came after and that was doubley hard given the 5+ hours
of riding we had just finished. When I got home I had dinner, but
nothing more than usual, and maybe even a little less since I was tired
and ready to sleep. So my only guess for the mysterious weight gain, is
WATER/FLUID retention. Does this make sense?

Old October 6th 08, 08:32 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
unicycle6869

Dang, wish I would have made it guys..sounds like a fun time. I was
planning on coming but for some reason my alarm didnt' go off and by the
time I woke up it was already too late. Guess I'll have to wait till
next time. One of these times it'd be nice to get EVERYONE on a ride
like that so we have like 15 Cokers! That's be quite the sight to see!!

--
unicycle6869

24X3 INSTENSE TIRES ON SALE
HERE!!! (\"HTTP://WWW.UNIPROSHOP.COM\")

'www.uniproshop.com' (http://www.uniproshop.com)
Old October 7th 08, 02:28 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Tyler_N

unicycle6869;1108513 wrote:
Dang, wish I would have made it guys..sounds like a fun time. I was
planning on coming but for some reason my alarm didnt' go off and by the
time I woke up it was already too late. Guess I'll have to wait till
next time. One of these times it'd be nice to get EVERYONE on a ride
like that so we have like 15 Cokers! That's be quite the sight to see!!

My alarm was set for 6:30 pm and i thought it was set for am but
because i wake up everyday at 6:30 i woke up at 7 and was only like 10
minutes late

MuniAddict;1108496 wrote:
15-16mph

at least that.