Bike Rack for Trek ALR4 Disc (women's)

Old July 25th 20, 04:06 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
John B.[_3_]

Default Bike Rack for Trek ALR4 Disc (women's)

On Fri, 24 Jul 2020 18:54:19 -0700 (PDT), Sir Ridesalot
wrote:

On Friday, 24 July 2020 18:57:14 UTC-4, John B. wrote:
On Fri, 24 Jul 2020 07:55:35 -0500, AMuzi wrote:

On 7/23/2020 11:49 PM, John B. wrote:
On Thu, 23 Jul 2020 23:34:48 -0400, Joy Beeson
wrote:

On Fri, 24 Jul 2020 07:48:05 +0700, John B.
wrote:

be a big bicycle that could carry a
weeks shopping :-)

I used to do it when I lived in New Salem and the nearest grocery was
in Guilderland. IL didn't take the car unless I wanted a few bags of
cat litter. And the wire panniers I used then were a bit smaller than
my new pair. The old ones were designed to fit paper grocery bags; the
new ones are an inch wider, and it took me a while to stop catching
them on things.

But we were two old people who don't eat very much, and there was a
superb farm stand and an excellent meat market just the other side of
Voorheesville.

I used to buy a can of frozen fruit juice every time, to keep my food
cold. I don't think I'd begun to insulate my pannier then; I just
huddled the cold stuff together with the fruit juice in the middle,
and surrounded it with stuff that keeps at ambient. I did line the
pannier with a paper bag inside a plastic bag. (Plastic bags were the
same size as paper bags at the time. Really convenient for packing
things into paper-bag size panniers.)

I put the fruit juice in the fridge with the other stuff, and
reconstituted it when it had finished thawing.

Frankly I can't even imagine my wife packing a weeks groceries on a
bicycle. Back in the Phuket days I drove a pickup and a weeks shopping
was darned covered the bed of the truck. Today, we just came back from
Macro - I don't know if you have them in the U.S. but it is a major
wholesale store here - and because it is a four day weekend we needed
supplies for the holidays. The whole "trunk" of a Honda CR-V and some
in the back seat.
--
Cheers,

John B.

Just wait. When you get old, your grocery volume will get a
lot smaller.

Just Wait? When you get old? Good Lord! I'm 88 years old, how much
longer do I have to wait?
--
Cheers,

John B.

My grandfather was 103 years young and stated that he was saving up for his old age.

Cheers

Well, I'm still struggling along, although a bit slower then, say 10
years ago, when I was younger :-)
--
Cheers,

John B.

Old July 25th 20, 05:11 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
news18

wrote:

On Friday, 24 July 2020 18:57:14 UTC-4, John B. wrote:
On Fri, 24 Jul 2020 07:55:35 -0500, AMuzi wrote:

Just wait. When you get old, your grocery volume will get a lot
smaller.

Just Wait? When you get old? Good Lord! I'm 88 years old, how much
longer do I have to wait?
--
Cheers,

John B.

My grandfather was 103 years young and stated that he was saving up for
his old age.

Cheersid_rsa.pub

Well, I'm still struggling along, although a bit slower then, say 10
years ago, when I was younger :-)

You are never truely old, if whenever someone says 'old people' you look
around to see who they are talkng about.