Goodness Me

Old April 6th 08, 10:07 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Nuxx Bar

Default Goodness Me

A heavy covering of snow this morning in the south-east! I've never
seen anything like it in April. Bloody global warming eh?
Old April 6th 08, 10:10 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Sam Salt

Nuxx Bar wrote:
A heavy covering of snow this morning in the south-east! I've never
seen anything like it in April. Bloody global warming eh?

Snow in the south east eh ?

The end of life as we know it then.

Lovely & sunny here in West Yorkshire.

Sam Salt

---
Virus Database (VPS): 080405-1, 06/04/2008
Tested on: 06/04/2008 10:10:42

Old April 6th 08, 11:29 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Tony B[_2_]

Nuxx Bar wrote:
A heavy covering of snow this morning in the south-east! I've never
seen anything like it in April. Bloody global warming eh?

white-out at 6am here in Hyde, East Manchester.. all gone now though. A
beautiful day for cycling, however Man U are on after lunch so it's
couch potato day for me :-)

Old April 6th 08, 11:43 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Adam Lea[_2_]

"Nuxx Bar" wrote in message
A heavy covering of snow this morning in the south-east! I've never
seen anything like it in April. Bloody global warming eh?

Yes it is the most I have seen in the five years I have lived here. Club
rides were cancelled.

Old April 6th 08, 12:25 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Sir Jeremy

On 6 Apr, 11:29, Tony B wrote:
Nuxx Bar wrote:
A heavy covering of snow this morning in the south-east! *I've never
seen anything like it in April. *Bloody global warming eh?

white-out at 6am here in Hyde, East Manchester.. all gone now though. A
beautiful day for cycling, however Man U are on after lunch so it's
couch potato day for me :-)

Hyde was in Cheshire when I were a lad
Old April 6th 08, 12:40 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
naked_draughtsman[_3_]

On Sun, 06 Apr 2008 11:29:58 +0100, Tony B wrote:

beautiful day for cycling,

It had mostly melted in Wrexham by the time I got back from the
supermarket. Would have been nice if it had stayed cold and not turned to
horrible wet slush!

peter
Old April 6th 08, 03:09 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Phil Cook

Tony B wrote:

white-out at 6am here in Hyde, East Manchester.. all gone now though. A
beautiful day for cycling, however Man U are on after lunch so it's
couch potato day for me :-)

Something wrong there. A Man U fan actually living in Manchester. Who
would have thought it?

Me, I'm an exiled Wednesday fan. Squeaky bum time for us!
Old April 6th 08, 03:20 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Tony B[_2_]

Sir Jeremy wrote:

Hyde was in Cheshire when I were a lad

well, it still is however it's right on the cusp and is hilly rather
than flat, people know where Manchester is etc. etc. of course we are
really in Tameside MB officially but who would know where Tameside is???

PS snowing again now :-(
Old April 6th 08, 03:34 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Tony B[_2_]

Phil Cook wrote:
Something wrong there. A Man U fan actually living in Manchester. Who
would have thought it?

Actually there are thousands of us, but we are not allowed in Old
Trafford any more because us locals don't spend £££'s in the Megastore
on their big-day-out visit to OT :-)

Old April 12th 08, 10:13 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Simon Mason[_2_]

"Nuxx Bar" wrote in message
A heavy covering of snow this morning in the south-east! I've never
seen anything like it in April. Bloody global warming eh?

The SE of England is not global! Oh and in *June* 1975 play in a cricket
match in Buxton was called off due to snow.

Snow in April is nothing, you should have seen it in 1963, it was deep snow
from January until the May.

--
Simon Mason
http://www.simonmason.karoo.net/